Joker | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Joker

We had some dipshiz in our row dressed as the Heath Ledger joker constantly laughing maniacally at every tragic scene and reaching into his coat and under his seat. I wanted to punch him in his face. Obviously just a dude looking for attention, but very unsettling.
I thought they were banning people from dressing up.

1.jpg

Can we do spoilers? Im a do it.

For me the origin stories work if know where the character ends up. Threres only one version of Darth Vader so when I watch the prequels I know where Anakin ends up. Otherwise I don’t care. But there’s been so many interpretations of the Joker that it’s hard to say. Is Arthur Fleck supposed to become the Heath Ledger joker? Jack Nicholson? Cesar Romero (lol)? And while on that point this felt like a movie that didn’t need the comic book tie in and just could’ve stood on its own as a movie and it would’ve been fine. I mean the stuff with the Waynes felt really tacked on. Like he was trying too hard to validate this as a movie about the Joker.

The Incel stuff was for nothing. It’s not about incels it’s about class warfare. Hilariously hamfisted about class warfare.

Maybe I’m just super smart but of course he was hallucinating that relationship and of course he was going to murder Murray Franklin on live tv after a weird diatribe.

Given the hype I expected more. I guess that’s on me.

here is my confusion
i guess the timeline went over my head.. the movie takes place in what the late 80s early 90s?
that sets up for Batman we know from the 2000s

when they show the mom in the pysch ward it says 1952. if i was paying attention correctly.

so she adopts him around mid 70s? or was she instituted in 1952?

she was like 60ish in the movie?

he is playing it as a 45-50 yr old joker? and Ledger is playing it as a 30yr old joker 20 yrs later?

and the ending did he kill the Dr?

I dont see his joker ever ending up like the other jokers because they play it as smart wise crackers and he played it as dillusional? so is he the jokers father? but that wont work either because bruce is like 10 already and not time enough to get a kid old enough?

it felt like a movie about mental health and they threw a Joker story in as a side story with no real thought behind it.

here is my confusion
i guess the timeline went over my head.. the movie takes place in what the late 80s early 90s?
that sets up for Batman we know from the 2000s

when they show the mom in the pysch ward it says 1952. if i was paying attention correctly.

so she adopts him around mid 70s? or was she instituted in 1952?

she was like 60ish in the movie?

he is playing it as a 45-50 yr old joker? and Ledger is playing it as a 30yr old joker 20 yrs later?

and the ending did he kill the Dr?

I dont see his joker ever ending up like the other jokers because they play it as smart wise crackers and he played it as dillusional? so is he the jokers father? but that wont work either because bruce is like 10 already and not time enough to get a kid old enough?

it felt like a movie about mental health and they threw a Joker story in as a side story with no real thought behind it.

It takes place in 1981 and yeah what tf is it supposed to set up?.

The Mrs. and I are going to see Joker tomorrow afternoon. This will be the first movie we will have seen in the theater since before our oldest was born in 2014. If this movie gives me night terrors I'm blaming you guys.

The Mrs. and I are going to see Joker tomorrow afternoon. This will be the first movie we will have seen in the theater since before our oldest was born in 2014. If this movie gives me night terrors I'm blaming you guys.
First movie my wife and I saw after having our first kid was the first Captain America. There was a family a row or two ahead of us with a little boy that really kicked the viewing experience up a notch. I'm sincere about that. He reacted to everything with such extreme emotion it made things way more fun.

The best part was when Cap goes out on his own to rescue the guys. When they walk back into the camp the kid jumped on his chair, pumped his fist and yelled "Yeah! He did it! He saved them! He's a hero!" or something like that, I don't remember exactly. Everybody laughed because it was what we were all thinking, but had been conditioned to not react with such an outburst. I loved it. That kid ruled.

I'm saying this because if you run into a family at the Joker with a kid that's reacting emotionally to everything you're seeing on screen GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE.

First movie my wife and I saw after having our first kid was the first Captain America. There was a family a row or two ahead of us with a little boy that really kicked the viewing experience up a notch. I'm sincere about that. He reacted to everything with such extreme emotion it made things way more fun.

The best part was when Cap goes out on his own to rescue the guys. When they walk back into the camp the kid jumped on his chair, pumped his fist and yelled "Yeah! He did it! He saved them! He's a hero!" or something like that, I don't remember exactly. Everybody laughed because it was what we were all thinking, but had been conditioned to not react with such an outburst. I loved it. That kid ruled.

I'm saying this because if you run into a family at the Joker with a kid that's reacting emotionally to everything you're seeing on screen GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE.

I'm like 95% sure you were actually the one who had these reactions/emotions during the movie but you're passing them off on your son.

I'm like 95% sure you were actually the one who had these reactions/emotions during the movie but you're passing them off on your son.
Oh, I did. It's just like I said, I didn't express them.

I pin all kinds of stuff on my son, but can't credit this to him actually. We went and saw the movie when he was like 3 weeks old.

the whole 'KIDS SHOULDN'T WATCH THIS" will make it a must see for teenagers. brilliant marketing.

if teenagers go they must have their head examed.. what part of this movie is remotely interesting to anyone at that age?

I thought it was ok. Overall, I felt this was just a different joker than we see in the later Batman’s. This one wouldn’t have been nearly that smart... I know such a minor complaint but it wasn’t bad either. JP was excellent.

if teenagers go they must have their head examed.. what part of this movie is remotely interesting to anyone at that age?
Teenagers can’t enjoy a film that has violence in it?

violence is not the issue with that movie.. it has no story and really has very little of anything other than a study of emotional imbalance. if they go to watch violence that have at 15 min of anything to watch,, better off going to see Rambo.

We saw Joker on Friday afternoon. I liked it, and I'm glad we saw it. The plot probably approached mental illness in a fairly shallow way, but Joaquin Phoenix's acting was masterful.

Saw it last Saturday and agree with much of the comments already made.

I had low expectations going in due to hearing mixed reviews and came away thinking it was simply okay.

Phoenix deserves an award nomination but it was a solid "wait to stream" option rather than a must see film.

We saw Joker on Friday afternoon. I liked it, and I'm glad we saw it. The plot probably approached mental illness in a fairly shallow way, but Joaquin Phoenix's acting was masterful.

The movie and America have that in common but I tend to think that was kind of the point.

The disconnect between movie critics and what people like has never been wider.
Crap like this.

Faith Karimi is not a movie critic and that’s not a movie review. The film has a 69% score on Rotten Tomatoes, which is considered “Fresh”.

it has no story and really has very little of anything other than a study of emotional imbalance.

It was pretty disappointing and the 'kill the rich' stuff felt like an afterthought with no real buildup. There's a garbage strike and then all of a sudden there's riots and a communist revolution.

Without a topflight actor this is on the level of a student film project level with terrible hamfisted social commentary (like, society, man). The dialogue was pretty bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom