Jokies Lose! | Syracusefan.com

Jokies Lose!

Faegan

All Conference
They got screwed! SOOOO hard not to enjoy it!

It's good to see that the Chokies are disliked on this board too. LSU has only played one series with them, but that was enough for most Tiger fans to grow tired of those pretenders.

Hopefully the Michigan folks sent them a truckload of lollipops to throw them off their game. Given how the specials played, it seems like the ghost of a white paper stick was out there somewhere.

Hopefully the Michigan folks sent them a truckload of lollipops to throw them off their game. Given how the specials played, it seems like the ghost of a white paper stick was out there somewhere.
The lollipop game. Who could forget?

The look on Beamer's face tonight as his specials blew up over and over was priceless. Couldn't happen to a better group. May their trophy case continue collecting dust in perpetuity.

I'm so glad we get to hate them again now that we're heading to ACC country. Its been too long.

They didn't get screwed on the TD catch but the got screwed on the winning FG. Kicker misstepped before the ball was snapped. Should have been kicking 5 yards back although he may have made that too.

Sent from my DROIDX

A few observations:
  • They lost with the same scenario they used to beat us: significantly out-gaining the opposition, but losing on poor special teams play and several questionable calls.
  • For the "play to win" crowd, if Beamer kicked the FG early in the game instead of going for it n 4th down, the Hokies would have won in regulation.
  • For those who think Marrone is too much of a disciplinarian, Beamer suspended both his 1st and 2nd team kickers. The starter was a no-brainer, but the back-up was for missing a curfew. During the game they highlighted Beamer's business-like, no-nonsense "Greyhound Bus From Hell" team policy for dealing with discipline issues.

How did they get screwed? The ball hit the ground.

catch.gif

They didn't get screwed on the TD catch but the got screwed on the winning FG. Kicker misstepped before the ball was snapped. Should have been kicking 5 yards back although he may have made that too.

Sent from my DROIDX

I thought that was the rule too but as I got it clarified, it seems that the kicker can move toward the ball before the snap.

How did they get screwed? The ball hit the ground.

The ball can touch the ground. The receiver just can't use it to catch the ball. Just my opinion, but based on the tape, it looks to me like there's not enough evidence to definitively say he didn't have it secured in his left hand before he hit the ground.

The ball can touch the ground. The receiver just can't use it to catch the ball. Just my opinion, but based on the tape, it looks to me like there's not enough evidence to definitively say he didn't have it secured in his left hand before he hit the ground.

The ball is moving through his hands. And there should be no question that the ground helped him secure the ball.

Not that any of it matters.

subSUGAR-articleLarge.jpg

Jim Druckenmiller, Marcus Vick and the kicker are just a few who must have taken the private jet instead of getting on that Greyhound bus. They remain a bunch of thugs.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...busted-in-alleged-drug-disp?urn=ncaaf-wp11897
I totally agree that Beamer has a lousy reputation when it comes to administering discipline to his players, which in the past has involved "wrist slaps" like making the player sit-out the first series against James Madison.

The ball is moving through his hands. And there should be no question that the ground helped him secure the ball.

Not that any of it matters.

I didn't see it that way, neither did the announcers or the ref on the spot. You and the replay official disagree with us. Either way, the Jokies Lose!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom