Jon Rothstein on Nerlens... | Syracusefan.com

Jon Rothstein on Nerlens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave predicton. 66 percent chance of being right.

Seriously, though, what difference does it make what anyone thinks? There's only one person with any real idea, and it sure as hell isn't John Rothstein.

All the cbs guys think the same thing, parrish goodman borzello now him, wonder why...bc they all talk to the same few people

Nerlens must have told a hundred different people a hundred different things considering how many people have sources providing contrasting info.

I've never seen this much conflicting news compared to resident 'insiders'. Completely opposite reports.

Nerlens must have told a hundred different people a hundred different things considering how many people have sources providing contrasting info.
I don't think NN has told anybody in the media anything. Here is why the media think he isn't coming here: we have a center coming in, and 2 on the roster. Why share time?

This will make it even better if he commits here, the entire media would look like jackasses

If he's wrong, that should be his title on twitter.

"Was wrong about where Noel was going"

interestingly, ESPNinsider did a good article comparing GT, KY, and 'Cuse for NN.

(I tried to post an abbreveviated write-up but got shot down) so here are highlights:

GT: Center is lead ball handler on offense and plays go through the center. GT has tradition of big men going to NBA...and GT has a very good team for NN to join

KY: NN steps into Davis on defensive end. Comparisons to Davis throughout KY section and that fans will compare him to Davis...ugh, why would NN want that...best thing about KY is the recent Frosh leaving for NBA.

'Cuse: NN may play wing (PF) because DC2 is already a center and we have Christmas, Keita...and article mentions Grant (no Fair, Sutherland etc). Indicates with NN 'Cuse would have the deepest front court in the land. Also spoke to bigs coming out of 'Cuse and going to NBA...Melo, Wallace, Coleman, Warrick, and Seikaly...and the zone will free NN up to make blocks and grab rebounds

Article would eliminate KY in my mind and pose an interesting reason to go to GT. I think 'Cuse is the better choice--what do you think?

When will people in the media start actually listening to what Nerlens Noel says himself and by doing that how could you not think he is likely going to Cuse or Uk

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/03...other-recruiting-coup-for-kentuckys-calipari/

Rothstein was the same guy who wrote the article that I believe NN called bs.

So he's really honking the Kentucky horn...
You are correct. Nerlens continues to maintain he's open, and all three are still in the picture. Cuse is not out, Cuse is still in the picture, and anyone who would be shocked if he lands at Cuse is clueless.

I've talked to different sources. Some say Kentucky is the fave, some say it's Syracuse, some say it's Georgetown. No one knows but Nerlens. Period.

I wish he would say why he'd be shocked if NN chooses Syracuse. Because of the scandals? Because of snow? Because everyone he talks to says he's going to UK? Because SU is deep with inside players?

The scandals didn't sway DC2 or Jeremy Grant, so why would they sway NN? I wish these guys would apply some logic to their statements. They seem to forget that his best friend already plays for Syracuse.

It's all agendas at this point. These CBS chumps want to see another Anthony Davis at UK so they can hype another run at a championship all next season. They can and want to pump up UK, but they certainly don't want to have to pump up Syracuse, which would be a heavy favorite to make a run with NN in the lineup.

I wish he would say why he'd be shocked if NN chooses Syracuse. Because of the scandals? Because of snow? Because everyone he talks to says he's going to UK? Because SU is deep with inside players?

The scandals didn't sway DC2 or Jeremy Grant, so why would they sway NN? I wish these guys would apply some logic to their statements. They seem to forget that his best friend already plays for Syracuse.

I bet he's just fishing for twitter traffic now that I think about it.

'Cuse is the better choice--what do you think?
If I was advising Nerlens purely from the point of view of what is best for his personal development, I would rank them:
  1. Kentucky - Cal knows how to fit first year players who are often raw into his system; enough talent at other positions to maximize NN's strengths and minimize his weaknesses
  2. Georgetown - on the plus side, their system really emphasizes the center so it would be total immersion into offensive basketball; on the negative side, offensive basketball is his weakness and while GU would be good for his development it might make him look like he needs to stay 2 or 3 years. if the goal is to be one and done, that is not good
  3. Syracuse - a lot of competition for minutes, and JB has a very clear recent history of putting his McD AA freshman centers on the court as token starters and then yanking them quickly. Good for long term development, very poor if you goal is to be a one-and-done player

Not worried one bit. First he's a heavy UK lean. Then a heavy GT lean. Then it's down to SU and UK. Then it's down to SU and GT. Now the word is SU is elminated? Typical case of the "experts" covering all bases just so they can look back to one of 12 predictions and say they correctly reported that NN was going to ________

The mere facts that:

1) Noel cares about a family atmosphere and says Cuse feels "like family."

2) He has indicated playing close to home is a factor.

3) One of his nest friends will be running the point for SU next year.

...are never, ever touched on seems ridiculous. These facts also make it impossible to say there should ever be "shock" if he picks SU.

If I was advising Nerlens purely from the point of view of what is best for his personal development, I would rank them:
  1. Kentucky - Cal knows how to fit first year players who are often raw into his system; enough talent at other positions to maximize NN's strengths and minimize his weaknesses
  2. Georgetown - on the plus side, their system really emphasizes the center so it would be total immersion into offensive basketball; on the negative side, offensive basketball is his weakness and while GU would be good for his development it might make him look like he needs to stay 2 or 3 years. if the goal is to be one and done, that is not good
  3. Syracuse - a lot of competition for minutes, and JB has a very clear recent history of putting his McD AA freshman centers on the court as token starters and then yanking them quickly. Good for long term development, very poor if you goal is to be a one-and-done player

I actually 100% agree with this. From a selfish side as a cuse fan, I obviously WANT him to come here...and his friends are here, and the dome, etc etc

But honestly, Ketnucky NEEDS him, I don't believe we need him

Status
Not open for further replies.