Jonathan Thomas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jonathan Thomas

He's actually only around 215. Imagine if you give him a redshirt, let him get the scheme down and get up to 230 in a college lifting program? Would actually prefer him to redshirt if possible.
It's weird that SU has him listed on Cuse.com as being 199. He's CLEARLY bigger than that.

He's actually only around 215. Imagine if you give him a redshirt, let him get the scheme down and get up to 230 in a college lifting program? Would actually prefer him to redshirt if possible.
Yeah, its not a bad thing to redshirt a player like this.

Physically, he is ready to play now. No question. He dwarfs the other freshmen LBs.

BrVLERECEAAaqfz.jpg:large

Wow.

He looks like a very tough customer.

It is pretty clear - we are a universe away from where we were 10-15 years ago in terms of the overall talent level of the program.

The Dome will soon be full as the talent level fully reveals itself on the scoreboard.

I just hope that T. Hunt is developing as much as has been suggested and has added some arm strength.

Think of the turnovers on special teams we're going to have with these players, Rutgers got away with that for years with no offense. We've got some future playmakers on offense, add special teams, and an improving defense, possibly a kicker like Gary Anderson, future is unlimited.

Can we not compare the college kid who hasn't played a down at this level to an NFL Hall of Famer please. Talk about unnecessary pressure on the kid, jeesh.

Geez, can you step away from the ledge...I said the kid moved like DT, If they looked alike am I not allowed to say that either? Some of you need to slow your roll, we are not all novices here and we have and are entitled to opinions...physique wise..look at the film...not once did I say their games were similar, not once did I say he played like DT. I looked, saw, and said the WAY HE MOVES REMINDED ME OF DT. Where is the comparison in that?

Geez, can you step away from the ledge...I said the kid moved like DT, If they looked alike am I not allowed to say that either? Some of you need to slow your roll, we are not all novices here and we have and are entitled to opinions...physique wise..look at the film...not once did I say their games were similar, not once did I say he played like DT. I looked, saw, and said the WAY HE MOVES REMINDED ME OF DT. Where is the comparison in that?
Duh

???
Agreeing with you. Of course we weren't saying the guy is currently of NFL HOF caliber. No disclaimer should be needed since it's obvious.

Can we not compare the college kid who hasn't played a down at this level to an NFL Hall of Famer please. Talk about unnecessary pressure on the kid, jeesh.

You're comment was sooo good, I'm back for seconds. As far as comparing goes and the unnecessary pressure on the kid. Are you JT? I don't recall making that statement to him. Even if he does read the board, I'm sure people he KNOWS IN REAL LIFE have compared him to current stud LBs, you don't think players compare themselves and "emulate" their game to other players?...like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, it's not that serious, and for others to jump on the band wagon like it was a bonafide comparison...sadOh Lord:noidea:

You're comment was sooo good, I'm back for seconds. As far as comparing goes and the unnecessary pressure on the kid. Are you JT? I don't recall making that statement to him. Even if he does read the board, I'm sure people he KNOWS IN REAL LIFE have compared him to current stud LBs, you don't think players compare themselves and "emulate" their game to other players?...like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, it's not that serious, and for others to jump on the band wagon like it was a bonafide comparison...sadOh Lord:noidea:

Yeah you took this so much farther than it was meant too.

For the record, I hope JT wants to be better than Derrick Thomas and works his but off everyday to do so. My tempering of expectations is for the fans. If people start spouting things like this kid is a god and he compares favorably to future HOFers, they (being the average person) start to subconciously compare the two and suddenly nothing Thomas does is good enough for them.

So yeah relax just a tad there CINYer, it wasn't intended to make it seem like I was attacking you.

Yeah you took this so much farther than it was meant too.

For the record, I hope JT wants to be better than Derrick Thomas and works his but off everyday to do so. My tempering of expectations is for the fans. If people start spouting things like this kid is a god and he compares favorably to future HOFers, they (being the average person) start to subconciously compare the two and suddenly nothing Thomas does is good enough for them.

So yeah relax just a tad there CINYer, it wasn't intended to make it seem like I was attacking you.

My bad, but that's how it came across to me. I have been a bit on edge lately I apologize for my rants. I wasn't so much attacking moreso defending myself. I do understand the tempering of expectations...some fans are pretty out there, point taken.

Next time you guys wanna oogle pics of teenagers can you set up a private chat for it?

I can't unread this conversation.

Thanks.

I assume that bullet is at me. The pic is from Eric White's twitter.

Physically, he is ready to play now. No question. He dwarfs the other freshmen LBs.

BrVLERECEAAaqfz.jpg:large

He might look "jacked", but weighs less than the others. Weighed in at less than 200 from what I heard. Difference between looking "big" and being big.