Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN

I don't why but Max Kellerman annoys me. I actually thought he was knowledgeable, just annoying. Keyshawn, I could take or leave. As bad as that show with him max and jay williams was, if I was hard up for sports in the morning, I'd take that over the starched, recycled Greenberg show. I like Greenberg, just not his show.

I don't why but Max Kellerman annoys me. I actually thought he was knowledgeable, just annoying. Keyshawn, I could take or leave. As bad as that show with him max and jay williams was, if I was hard up for sports in the morning, I'd take that over the starched, recycled Greenberg show. I like Greenberg, just not his show.

I actually like Get Up.

But…I’m also a sociopath so

Some of the people they got rid of is surprising (van gundy). But more surprising are some of the people they kept……..Kendrick Perkins, Brian Windhorst, and Richard Jefferson
Agreed. I really like Van Gundy. Perkins gets old. Jefferson sucks. Windhorst, whatever. He doesn't add anything.

Can’t believe they got rid of Van Gundy. Read they might replace him with Richard Jefferson or JJ Reddick.

Unfortunately espn is investing their money into the talk show guys ( Stephen A and McAfee) and getting rid of one of the only good NBA commentators.
Who watches games because of who is doing pbp and color?

Agreed. I really like Van Gundy. Perkins gets old. Jefferson sucks. Windhorst, whatever. He doesn't add anything.
Windhorst just gloms on the the superstar du jour. Now that Lebron's time is limited Windy glomming onto Victor W.

when negotiating , the thing with the ex player broadcast business is...you are highly replaceable

Ridiculous.
Stephen A Smith disgusts me more than any other figure in broadcasting. I literally have to grab my remote and switch to any other channel as soon as I see him. The sole reason why I avoid ESPN whenever possible.

And Kendrick Perkins? My god. An embarrassment.

It’s like they have dirt on the execs.

Nobody watches a sports event because of who is doing play by play or who the analyst is. ESPN has wasted huge money on their hires for MNF. That's where they should have economized. As much as some of these others were good at their jobs not having them won't make one bit of difference to their audience for actually watching games.

Nobody watches a sports event because of who is doing play by play or who the analyst is. ESPN has wasted huge money on their hires for MNF. That's where they should have economized. As much as some of these others were good at their jobs not having them won't make one bit of difference to their audience for actually watching games.
Yep, MNF actually went down YOY vs Levy, Griese, Riddick team

I liked JVG, but 5 million a year or whatever is preposterous

When it's not a game I have a rooting interest in then often having a bad crew - I'm changing the channel or just turning it off.

A decent crew makes a casual watch palatable at least.
I think that’s fair, but outside of like Madden, I can’t really think of one football color guy that has mattered.

for studio shows, to me, it matters a ton. I dvr inside the nba even if I don’t watch the game. While I literally turn off espn after a game

I think that’s fair, but outside of like Madden, I can’t really think of one football color guy that has mattered.

for studio shows, to me, it matters a ton. I dvr inside the nba even if I don’t watch the game. While I literally turn off espn after a game

Honestly - for a lot of who is still on board- I'd just rather hear the arena guy and fan audio... I've muted more games I have a rooting interest in the past 5 years than I ever recall before

When it's not a game I have a rooting interest in then often having a bad crew - I'm changing the channel or just turning it off.

A decent crew makes a casual watch palatable at least.
I get that, but nobody is going out of the way to watch a crew. Yeah basic competence should be expected, and obtained at a sharpe discount.

I get that, but nobody is going out of the way to watch a crew. Yeah basic competence should be expected, and obtained at a sharpe discount.

Sadly basic competence is far from a guarantee with what's left over. We are mostly in agreement and massive contracts to do games on TV is pretty dumb given it isn't primarily why we watch the games.

Ridiculous.
Stephen A Smith disgusts me more than any other figure in broadcasting. I literally have to grab my remote and switch to any other channel as soon as I see him. The sole reason why I avoid ESPN whenever possible.

And Kendrick Perkins? My god. An embarrassment.

It’s like they have dirt on the execs.
Agreed. And 20 years ago, I liked him.

But man, I just don’t have the tolerance for obvious obnoxious schtick. Stop screaming in my ear and act like a normal person, nobody needs a show.

Some of the people they got rid of is surprising (van gundy). But more surprising are some of the people they kept……..Kendrick Perkins, Brian Windhorst, and Richard Jefferson
Yeah, I'm not a Perkins fan. He says a lot of generic stuff. Having him on PTI in place of Legler was a big step down.

Nobody puts Max Kellerman in a corner!

1688255413763.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom