Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Cornette and Laphonso Ellis gone from ESPN

Honestly - for a lot of who is still on board- I'd just rather hear the arena guy and fan audio... I've muted more games I have a rooting interest in the past 5 years than I ever recall before
As a 25 year old, same.

Ridiculous.
Stephen A Smith disgusts me more than any other figure in broadcasting. I literally have to grab my remote and switch to any other channel as soon as I see him. The sole reason why I avoid ESPN whenever possible.

And Kendrick Perkins? My god. An embarrassment.

It’s like they have dirt on the execs.
Stephen A's game is stale

Makes sense, no need to pay premiums for the side of the business that doesn't matter much. I have ESPN through DirectTV Stream. I cut the cord probably 10 years ago, but they've got me again because of ESPN/ACC Network and YES. Back to paying $150+ a month for stuff I don't watch 95% of the time.

Anyone want the next billions of dollar idea? Train large language models (chat gpt) to react to visual images and moving pictures I.e live action. And that will destroy the whole pbp industry.

It’s pretty funny that Mike and Mike lasted seventeen years and now they’ll be on their third (fourth) morning show in the six years thereafter.
What’s crazy is I don’t know a single person who listened to Mike and Mike and have never even heard a person mention listening to them. It’s bizarre.

What’s crazy is I don’t know a single person who listened to Mike and Mike and have never even heard a person mention listening to them. It’s bizarre.
I would listen sometimes when I lived in CNY. It wasn't on the radio in knoxville because they're too self absorbed to have national sports talk, so I would catch it on TV sometimes.

They were so benign and non controversial it made for the perfect background noise in any setting.

I’d always have it on TV when I was getting ready for work in the morning…but would only pick up like every third sentence.

The PBP and color analyst play an important role in the overall game experience for me. I have no issue turning off a game based on who’s calling the action.

Looks like the money they pay the conferences for tv rights is finally taking a toll on talent contracts.

They were so benign and non controversial it made for the perfect background noise in any setting.

I’d always have it on TV when I was getting ready for work in the morning…but would only pick up like every third sentence.
Interesting. Ok. I can see that.

The PBP and color analyst play an important role in the overall game experience for me. I have no issue turning off a game based on who’s calling the action.

Looks like the money they pay the conferences for tv rights is finally taking a toll on talent contracts.
I'm so the opposite. It's all Charlie Brown teacher to me.

When it's a team I care about I'll watch no matter who is on the call. When I'm just channel surfing and decide to hang around, a bad team will make me move on faster. With college basketball, I won't watch anything Jimmy Dykes is doing. And I hate when Gus Johnson is calling a non-SU game I'm interested in. I'll usually turn the channel quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom