Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Fredericks to transfer to UMass

I don't know how many times people have to say it: we don't know why he didn't play. We're likely to never know.

But let's play along for a min... if the system calls for the RB to catch passes on the regular and he can't do it, you can a) not pass to him and limit your offense or b) pass to him and hope he catches it or c) don't play him.

So yeah, Jordan can run circles around them. But if any or all of these cited reasons are true* you can't accept the tradeoff.

* rumors include: not being able to communicate pass protection to the OL, being out of shape and unwilling to work, not as good of a blocker, not able to catch the ball

We'll see on Pierre. I like him.

It was one season. Redshirt him and teach him. Or don't redshirt him and teach him.

I'm never going to agree with what happened so...

It was one season. Redshirt him and teach him. Or don't redshirt him and teach him.

I'm never going to agree with what happened so...

They might have said just that. He chose to transfer.

He got upside down with the boss man period. Didnt dig the dog house. He was no question our best back. HS NY player of the year. Best frosh back in a very long time and a great student.

He will be another teams Atwa

Did anyone here consider the fact that maybe he didn't buy in, doesn't like the new Tempo, training regimine. dietary restrictions? It's not like Babers is running Country Club De Gerg. I'm not saying Shafer ran a CC either, just saying that Dino's stuff is pretty intense and maybe JF just wants to play in a more run heavy, slow tempo offense, like Shafer ran.

Did anyone here consider the fact that maybe he didn't buy in, doesn't like the new Tempo, training regimine. dietary restrictions? It's not like Babers is running Country Club De Gerg. I'm not saying Shafer ran a CC either, just saying that Dino's stuff is pretty intense and maybe JF just wants to play in a more run heavy, slow tempo offense, like Shafer ran.
Several of us have brought it up in other threads and where told we where wrong ;)

Several of us have brought it up in other threads and where told we where wrong ;)
Exactly. And what will the gurus say once we get the run game where HCDB wants it and the pass to run ratio evens up? FTR, that's where we're headed.

Exactly. And what will the gurus say once we get the run game where HCDB wants it and the pass to run ratio evens up? FTR, that's where we're headed.
Even pass:run ratio is not run heavy, B1G are run heavy offenses. Regardless of that, unless somebody knows, and maybe they do, it's not incomprehensible to think he doesn't like playing in this tempo, under these dietary guidelines, etc. I don't if it's necessary to be condescending and call people guru's just for offering logical explanations as to what might be happening. JF just might not like DB or his system, it doesn't have to be super complicated.

Even pass:run ratio is not run heavy, B1G are run heavy offenses. Regardless of that, unless somebody knows, and maybe they do, it's not incomprehensible to think he doesn't like playing in this tempo, under these dietary guidelines, etc. I don't if it's necessary to be condescending and call people guru's just for offering logical explanations as to what might be happening. JF just might not like DB or his system, it doesn't have to be super complicated.
You completely missed my point.

My personal opinion is he showed up out of shape (not where the new staff wanted him) and it showed that he wasn't all in with the new staff. And when a new staff shows up and they are trying to change the culture and the offensive system is so built on reps and being able to out endurance teams, these kind of things take on a greater importance.

Rumors of not knowing the line calls well enough and putting the ball on the ground - and that's all enough to land you in the dog house.

(I think our running game will be much better this year too, RMH44.)

Still killin me. Just don't get it. Wonder if he stayed with a different RB coach?

I won't go into why he is gone but I will say this. Shy and Jordan were very close... Jordan used to sneak into his apartment and eat Shy's food all the time lol my wallet won't miss Jordan. The staff did not want Jordan to leave.

After transferring to UMASS, he'll be closer to your wallet!

I won't go into why he is gone but I will say this. Shy and Jordan were very close... Jordan used to sneak into his apartment and eat Shy's food all the time lol my wallet won't miss Jordan. The staff did not want Jordan to leave.

Haha always gotta have the mooch in the friend group. Sad to see a good kid leave, hope he finds further success with Umass. Find himself a Brandon Oliver like college career.

IMG_1785.PNG
Looks like a bad start of camp for Jordan

Looks like ligament damage at a minimum. Feel awful for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom