Jordan Tucker to the NBA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to the NBA

Lol, more like to the G-League
Wanted him here but I think he likes to make regrettable decisions

Hes not close to being good enough to get minutes in the G League. All those guys were double digit NCAA players.

G League is a league of Tyus Battles who are good enough for the NBA but not what the league wants with only so many jobs and are all concerned about their stats and getting a 10 day NBA contract. Its no walk in the park New Balance kid was correct to opt out of it.

I'd imagine the G League gets even tougher going forward post COVID a few extra bucks in Asia or Europe with the risks associated probably isn't worth it. Have to assume lots of International players are telling their agents they want deals stateside and are cool with 60k/year to play for the Westchester Knicks.

What a joke. It’s too bad really how his decision affects his entire career by heading to Duke

You know, that really is a good point. Not that other recruits will think about it or even know about this situation, it's still a lesson that others could benefit from. Think about it, maybe he would not have amounted to anything at Syracuse. However, there was SOOOOOO much better of a chance for him to shine here than at Dook. We all knew that at the time. With that, he could have legitimately prepared himself for the nba. Instead, he has so little to show scouts but I guess he can always say that Coach K let him swim in his pool.

The kid must not have liked going to class. There are a lot of leagues over in Europe, so maybe he sticks over there.

A player at this level declaring shows us how far we are from the "heyday" of college basketball. It makes me sad, because college hoops used to be my favorite sport up until ~10 years ago. I feel like the revolving door of average to very good players makes it very hard to get attached to many of these guys. The rivalries/bad blood, familiar faces of the college game have become a thing of the past.

The potential rule change where players can go directly to the NBA or must stay minimum 2 years can't get here fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

that suggested rule change isnt possible. The NBPA won’t vote it through.

”The NBA has acknowledged the one-and-done rule is not working but has not found a suitable alternative. In the last round of collective bargaining with the NBPA, the NBA wanted players to spend at least two years in college. The union balked at that, preferring going back to the rule that allowed players to go from high school to the NBA. That may ultimately be what happens.“

People went crazy here when Brisset declared; imagine if Tucker came here, shot 35% from the field, then left ... lol

Obviously we had the miraculous Final Four run, but what you described above is largely what Malachi Richardson did. Came here, shot 37% from the field, then left. Tucker had a higher TS% every year too.

”The NBA has acknowledged the one-and-done rule is not working but has not found a suitable alternative. In the last round of collective bargaining with the NBPA, the NBA wanted players to spend at least two years in college. The union balked at that, preferring going back to the rule that allowed players to go from high school to the NBA. That may ultimately be what happens.“

That is depressing.

NBA made the decision to change the one and done rule, when they decided to turn the D-league now G-league into a true minor league.

The true is it's business and once the NBA decided to invest the money to create a true minor league the one and done rule becomes counter productive.

Currently only 2 NBA team don't have a minor league affiliate up and running. Those 2 are projected to have teams either next year or the following.

Once every team has an affiliate and there is a level playing the rule goes away, college basketball becomes the competition.

The G-league's goal is to take market share from college basketball as not to undermine the NBA's revenue stream.

Hes not close to being good enough to get minutes in the G League. All those guys were double digit NCAA players.

G League is a league of Tyus Battles who are good enough for the NBA but not what the league wants with only so many jobs and are all concerned about their stats and getting a 10 day NBA contract. Its no walk in the park New Balance kid was correct to opt out of it.

I'd imagine the G League gets even tougher going forward post COVID a few extra bucks in Asia or Europe with the risks associated probably isn't worth it. Have to assume lots of International players are telling their agents they want deals stateside and are cool with 60k/year to play for the Westchester Knicks.
I don't think G League players make 60K. Can someone who knows chime in?

I don't think G League players make 60K. Can someone who knows chime in?
As of August 2019, $35K.

The current $35,000 G League contract should continue to rise over the next few years to give more financial security to every player that’s not on a two-way or Exhibit 10 contract.

I am assuming he is testing waters and can return back to school if things don't look good...
Plus it only takes 1 team to like you, g league draft you or something

Obviously we had the miraculous Final Four run, but what you described above is largely what Malachi Richardson did. Came here, shot 37% from the field, then left. Tucker had a higher TS% every year too.
Mali was he reason we got to the F4, it clearly mad it more palatable

Brissett shot 37, not much difference
OB averaged 14/8 in his 2 years at Cuse .

Tucker averaged 9/4.

Made it off an 8 minute spurt on one game. Still can’t believe it happened.

1585403238100.gif

Made it off an 8 minute spurt on one game. Still can’t believe it happened.

Once you get past the top 15-20 players, the next 100 are interchangable. Richardson did something that made him stand out from the crowd and got that coveted first round money. Most players don't stick beyond 4 years so good for him he got that head start assuming he doesn't blow the money.

Once you get past the top 15-20 players, the next 100 are interchangable. Richardson did something that made him stand out from the crowd and got that coveted first round money. Most players don't stick beyond 4 years so good for him he got that head start assuming he doesn't blow the money.

I don’t exactly agree with this. Bad shooting percentages in high school usually lead to bad shooting percentages in college and usually lead to bad shooting percentages in the NBA. That’s why it’s no surprise RJ Barrett looks like an early bust candidate and the same for Cam Reddish. But the NBA loves them some wingspan.

I don’t exactly agree with this. Bad shooting percentages in high school usually lead to bad shooting percentages in college and usually lead to bad shooting percentages in the NBA. That’s why it’s no surprise RJ Barrett looks like an early bust candidate and the same for Cam Reddish. But the NBA loves them some wingspan.

Barrett's percentages weren't so alarming in college/high school that he should be immediately written off, but literally nobody has ever shot the way Reddish and Malachi did in college and amounted to anything in the NBA. The best case scenario historically speaking was being like a 12th man on an NBA roster for a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom