Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jordan Tucker to transfer to Butler

Saddest thing about all of this is, he really can’t transfer to the other 2 that were in his top 3 without sitting out 2 years. Unfortunate situation for him, but I don’t really think any of this is surprising .

I think, more than anything, the kid wanted to say he plays basketball at duke. And, he probably thought he could work his way into the rotation, which he should believe in himself. However, that seems unlikely for the next two years, although you never know.
I don't wish him ill. Good luck to him. We may have dodged a bullet with this kid. With what they have coming in, it is a very difficult road ahead.

I don't wish him ill. Good luck to him. We may have dodged a bullet with this kid. With what they have coming in, it is a very difficult road ahead.

Very difficult for him to get on the court. My guess is he wont finish his college career at duke. Too bad as jb couldve turned the kid into a big time player imho.

Very difficult for him to get on the court. My guess is he wont finish his college career at duke. Too bad as jb couldve turned the kid into a big time player imho.
I agree.

Kid is getting a free education at his dream school.
It sucks for him not to play but he wanted to be a small fish in a big pond rather than a bigger fish in another large pond.
I wonder if Duke offers 4 year scholarships or if this kid is year to year and could be forced out if Duke needs his scholarship.

Kid is getting a free education at his dream school.
It sucks for him not to play but he wanted to be a small fish in a big pond rather than a bigger fish in another large pond.
I wonder if Duke offers 4 year scholarships or if this kid is year to year and could be forced out if Duke needs his scholarship.
I'm sure he'll be strongly encouraged to leave if necessary, and Duke has had plenty of guys transfer out that clearly couldn't contribute for them. Taylor King comes to mind

Saddest thing about all of this is, he really can’t transfer to the other 2 that were in his top 3 without sitting out 2 years. Unfortunate situation for him, but I don’t really think any of this is surprising .
I'm all for a kid going through his process and doing what's best for him.

However, it's hard to call this "unfortunate" for JT - this is what he wanted. He wanted Duke even though they pretty much ignored him his whole HS career and came calling out of desperation to use a scholly. Everyone, even Duke fans, knew he would get pretty much no PT if went there, then Reddish and Barrett committed.

The kid held out for a Duke offer, this is what he signed up for. I have no ill will towards him, but I wouldn't call this "unfortunate" either. Not sure what he expected

I'm all for a kid going through his process and doing what's best for him.

However, it's hard to call this "unfortunate" for JT - this is what he wanted. He wanted Duke even though they pretty much ignored him his whole HS career and came calling out of desperation to use a scholly. Everyone, even Duke fans, knew he would get pretty much no PT if went there, then Reddish and Barrett committed.

The kid held out for a Duke offer, this is what he signed up for. I have no ill will towards him, but I wouldn't call this "unfortunate" either. Not sure what he expected
Have not been a supporter for Tucker but would have been okay if he came to Syracuse. Always thought that he was one dimensional, a shooter. As we all know shooters are often streaky. He probably has one year to develop the skills needed to play in Coach K's syetem. Otherwise, he is gone. Notice that O'Connell is getting decent minutes. Always that OConnell was better than Tucker.

No. I see absolutely no way your antics address my post. What do you not get about the kid wanting to play on a national championship team?

Of course you're right, who doesn't want to play for a National Championship team? But, at the expense of his playing time and future development?

Playing for a championship team doesn't mean much if he doesn't get court time. And at the end of the day, it won't pay Tucker's bills like a chance in the NBA. Gotta be seen to get that chance.

No. I see absolutely no way your antics address my post. What do you not get about the kid wanting to play on a national championship team?
Given Tucker's confidence and wanting to hang with rappers as a given reason for considering GT, I find it hard to believe the kid/family wants to sit at Duke for 4 years, get an education and then work at Enterprise.

Yeah, I mean I obviously don't know him personally but I don't think his #1 and #2 priorities were Education and Winning a National Title.

If I had to bet I would bet that when K came calling he told JT he would be the 1st G/F off the bench (over OConnell and Goldwire) and that next year, if he put the effort in, he'd have a chance to start.

So JT probably thought 20 minutes at Duke this year vs. 35 minutes at Syracuse this year then 30 minutes at Duke next year vs. 35 minutes at Syracuse. No brainer.

I don't think many top 75 kids want to not play AT ALL just at a shot at a national title - these kids have NBA aspirations. Sure, it's nice to have both, but it's also easy to see why JT would regret his decision.

Quade is different - he did what was best for him and after SGA started the first 2 or 3 games, Quade took over the starting PG slot and has played well. I doubt he has any regrets. But Quade could also look at the UK roster and see 0 PGs and an obviousf path for playing time.

Tucker going to Dook has worked out much better for us than him. No ill will towards the young man but that's the way it should be. Our program is MUCH bigger than a single recruit.

Kids who play on championship teams want to be able to say that they were key contributors or at least made a contribution to the big win. Walk ons know they are walk ons and understand their role. They know they won't play. But Top 100 scholly players don't want to be known as that guy who got the ring and didn't play.

I've seen it on the AAU level. Kids on stacked teams that don't get run in the championship game are usually not happy campers.

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to ex recruits, but Tucker's situation is so hard to ignore. What did K tell him - please come to Duke to be a practice player? He isn't playing this season, and they have recruited, not one, but two 5* players at his position for next year - and they are the #1 and #3 ranked prospects in the entire class! Hard to not read this as anything but K having no regard for Tucker.
He made a huge mistake, which he’s clearly now regretting. His parents should have steered him in a more realistic direction.

Have not been a supporter for Tucker but would have been okay if he came to Syracuse. Always thought that he was one dimensional, a shooter. As we all know shooters are often streaky. He probably has one year to develop the skills needed to play in Coach K's syetem. Otherwise, he is gone. Notice that O'Connell is getting decent minutes. Always that OConnell was better than Tucker.
That’s why we went after O’Connell and not Tucker two summers ago, but then Duke swooped in and offered him.

In hindsight he made the wrong choice.

Don't get why there has been 3 topics and multiple posts laughing, mocking and dumping on the kid.

I'm sure some of you have kids who make decisions on their own and defy your suggestions, and may not make the best decision. Would love to hear them and see what ones result in your kid getting a free college education.

At the end of the day he's practicing with NBA talent, being coached by a hall of famer and getting a free education at Duke.

A lot of you are petty and pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom