Jorge Jimenez GoFundMe | Syracusefan.com

Jorge Jimenez GoFundMe

I just want to bump this. We can argue over if Boeheim is going to speak at the game or how bad some Twitter reaction is some other time.

But the funeral costs should be paid for. If we can send 100 kids to a bowl game and pay hundreds or thousands to go to the game, we can take care of a family who lost their father/grandfather to a tragic accident involving our Cuse b-ball community.

I have read that a funeral home is paying for the funeral, and there is some questions about this Go Fund Me Page. Anyone know about this? Here it is mentioned in this article:
Son of I-690 crash victim, Jorge Jimenez, remembers his dad

The gofundme has been linked in numerous articles from different outlets. Where are you seeing any questions about it?

Definitely don’t want to see any Cuse fans screwed out of a donation. Gofundme is pretty good at refunding money if it turns out to be a fraud. But I haven’t seen anything that would suggest this is not legit.

Personally I don’t care if my donation goes toward funeral expenses or any other expenses associated with their father not being there but maybe they should consider not calling it a funeral fund if the funeral expenses are being covered.

Last edited:
The gofundme has been linked in numerous articles from different outlets. Where are you seeing any questions about it?

Definitely don’t want to see any Cuse fans screwed out of a donation. Gofundme is pretty good at refunding money if it turns out to be a fraud. But I haven’t seen anything that would suggest this is not legit.

One thing I noticed is his son appears to be named Brian Hernandez. At least it says "Brian Hernandez Memorials." I don't know what that means. I gave anyway. My receipt says:

Donation to: My Dad Jorge Jimenez Funeral Fund Donation will be received by: Brian Hernandez

One thing I noticed is his son appears to be named Brian Hernandez. At least it says "Brian Hernandez Memorials." I don't know what that means. I gave anyway. My receipt says:

Donation to: My Dad Jorge Jimenez Funeral Fund Donation will be received by: Brian Hernandez

I think I read somewhere that he is his step-son.

Personally I don’t care if my donation goes toward funeral expenses or any other expenses associated with their father not being there but maybe they should consider not calling it a funeral fund if the funeral expenses are being covered.
I don't know how GFM works. If there are no funeral costs, do the donations go back.

I am sure JB is fully insured, which will cover the funeral.
New York & New Jersey Law Firm

Nf typically only covers $2k of funeral expenses. Not sure if jb’s insurer or the car he was exiting would cover or both.

Med pay is optional coverage and most people dont carry it because ny has a mandatory $50k nf minimum.

I say if the gfm is legit, fire away. Some of the family lives in florida. Can help them get up here. If there is a surplus that goes to the family, so be it. They suffered a tremendous loss.

Last edited:
Nf typically only covers $2k of funeral expenses. Not sure if jb’s insurer or the car he was exiting would cover or both.

Med pay is optional coverage and most people dont carry it because ny has a mandatory $50k nf minimum.

I say if the gfm is legit, fire away. Some of the family lives in florida. Can help them get up here. If there is a surplus that goes to the family, so be it. They suffered a tremendous loss.
I agree. I just am unsure that if it doesn't go to the stated cause, does it have to go back, or can it go to related or unrelated expenses? Didn't mean to imply that people should not contribute. For all we know, JB will cover the funeral expense.

Yea. Maybe they should change it to funeral and related expenses. Anything could be related. That leaves it protected. Could be a nice suit to wear for the funeral, or as someone said travel expenses for the Florida family.

I agree. I just am unsure that if it doesn't go to the stated cause, does it have to go back, or can it go to related or unrelated expenses? Didn't mean to imply that people should not contribute. For all we know, JB will cover the funeral expense.

I believe there are children involved with no father to support them. My hope is that people step in and provide them guidance. Any funds collected can assist them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom