Josh Black..He'll be back. | Syracusefan.com

Josh Black..He'll be back.

Orangtiz

Starter
Hope the kid isn't injured too bad. He was great at DT last week until he got hurt and was forced to come out. His frame at the position is similar to Tim Green where he is undersized but his quickness combined with his strength help him tremendously.

This year we are actually pretty deep (JUCO's helped) at DE, Babers indicated in his presser that Black will continue to see a good amount of snaps there. Hope to see him on the field this weekend. Go Orange!

He was granted the extra year as a medical redshirt. Good news for the program and he tweeted that he's up to 285 pounds.
Fractured knee cap? Yeesh. I'm shocked they didn't rule him out for the year immediately.

Black looks massive, gotta like the returning DL, Slayton, McKinley, Black, Pickard, Robinson, Coleman and Berry. Finally can say they will at least pass the ACC look test and should produce as well.

i'm not going to lie. I was a little nervous clicking on the thread. Wasnt sure what to expect...
You’re not alone

For those knowledgeable on sports injury treatment, is the recovery for a fractured knee cap pretty standard? Does the fracture create potential future weak point that is susceptible to re-injury? This young man brings it but with the type of abuse and stress this guy takes in the trenches is there above normal risks to that knee moving forward? Just curious, I am familiar with Acl injuries and their impacts but fractured knee cap is new territory and have no idea. Thanks in advance for inputs. Hopefully standard recovery and ready to go.

For those knowledgeable on sports injury treatment, is the recovery for a fractured knee cap pretty standard? Does the fracture create potential future weak point that is susceptible to re-injury? This young man brings it but with the type of abuse and stress this guy takes in the trenches is there above normal risks to that knee moving forward? Just curious, I am familiar with Acl injuries and their impacts but fractured knee cap is new territory and have no idea. Thanks in advance for inputs. Hopefully standard recovery and ready to go.

I’m not an authority on the subject but had the same injury. It was a pretty standard surgery and recovery. I haven’t noticed any real issues since (10 years ago) and was still able to be pretty active. Once I got back up and around and was playing on it it would get a little swollen/inflamed, but ultimately it returned to normal. It does feel a little different than the other knee, to the touch. But I’d suspect this won’t impact JB long term.

I haven't rehabbed one myself, but I think it's better than a ligament injury. Bone is the only tissue that heals to the same strength, possibly stronger, as it was originally. As long as he didn't have any adhesion issues while it was immobilized, he should be fine. I know we have some orthopedic surgeons on here, so feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

I haven't rehabbed one myself, but I think it's better than a ligament injury. Bone is the only tissue that heals to the same strength, possibly stronger, as it was originally. As long as he didn't have any adhesion issues while it was immobilized, he should be fine. I know we have some orthopedic surgeons on here, so feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.

As a sports management major that sounds correct

Slayton and Black could be a terror on the inside, then with Robinson and TBD at the ends, we could have a strong DL.

I would say there's a real possibility that we could have a Top 3 starting DL in the league. The issue with the unit, as is the issue with the entire team, is depth.

With McKinley Williams, Curtis Harper & Kenneth Ruff as interior options, plus whoever we can add with the remaining spots, we are building it.

In terms of DE, Robinson is going to be a beast next year with a full offseason in the S&C program.

I think the kid Morton is going to help us a lot after a redshirt year. Add him to Pickard, Jonathan, Coleman & Berry, who all have multiple years of eligibility left and the future looks extremely bright.

Calling Cuseregular