Class of 2019 - Josh Zawada (NC / Hill Acad) Flipped to Michigan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Josh Zawada (NC / Hill Acad) Flipped to Michigan

General recruiting question: Does anyone know if Donahue and Rogers give serious consideration to highlight films sent to them?

As I said on another thread, I coach a kid I think could do well there, but he needs to be seen. Would I be wasting my time sending it to them?

Perhaps all the defections will open things up for some kids.

However often Desko communicates with recruits can't possibly be enough. Yes cuse lax has dropped from the very top tier, but were still one of the better teams.While this last season was quite poor, we really don't seem to be in a downward spiral of any kind. So why so many kids bailing? Michigan of all places! They did have a solid season but still. Don't these kids want to play in front of fans?? Don't they want to play in a (relatively) full huge stadium instead of an empty one??

Something is wrong/going on its undeniable at this point. This last month has been a disaster.

However often Desko communicates with recruits can't possibly be enough. Yes cuse lax has dropped from the very top tier, but were still one of the better teams.While this last season was quite poor, we really don't seem to be in a downward spiral of any kind. So why so many kids bailing? Michigan of all places! They did have a solid season but still. Don't these kids want to play in front of fans?? Don't they want to play in a (relatively) full huge stadium instead of an empty one??

More playing time.
Lower tuition and expenses.

Would be nice if Syracuse.com or the DO ran a story on this and tried to figure out what the hell was gkii going on

General recruiting question: Does anyone know if Donahue and Rogers give serious consideration to highlight films sent to them?

As I said on another thread, I coach a kid I think could do well there, but he needs to be seen. Would I be wasting my time sending it to them?

Perhaps all the defections will open things up for some kids.
Maybe they like him, maybe they don't but think he would be a fit at another school. At worst, they hit delete on the email. Couldn't hurt to try for the kid.

More playing time.

Playing time could potentially explain this one but certainly not the guys who went to ND and UVA. Every top school playing time is a potential issue. Also out of state tuition for Michigan is not crazy far off from cuse tuition. ND tuition I'm sure is comparable. Even if I'm off on that, 5 major recruits didn't just up and leave because they had a revelation about the savings they were missing out on. Either something else is up, or a crazy domino effect has been started by the couple high end guys who left first. Not sure which I would prefer

I'm not going to worry about the likes on the post. Far more likely to be out of support rather than "hell yeah brother I'm leaving too!"

More playing time.
I know several people that are pretty close to this situation. Apparently Cuse had all of their 2019 Commits in this weekend. Although everyone had a great time I heard that each of the players knew that Zawada was talking to Michigan. Apparently Michigan gave him a full ride which makes sense because they had about 1/2 of their 2019 commits jump ship after meeting/talking with the new coach. What I've been told is that Zawada really liked Cuse and the environment but this came down to money.

I know several people that are pretty close to this situation. Apparently Cuse had all of their 2019 Commits in this weekend. Although everyone had a great time I heard that each of the players knew that Zawada was talking to Michigan. Apparently Michigan gave him a full ride which makes sense because they had about 1/2 of their 2019 commits jump ship after meeting/talking with the new coach. What I've been told is that Zawada really liked Cuse and the environment but this came down to money.

Thank you orangelax for bringing clarity to this situation.

Victim of the 12.6 scholarship rule. SU tuition costs playing a major role it seems, unfortunately.

Victim of the 12.6 scholarship rule. SU tuition costs playing a major role it seems, unfortunately.

I believe that combined with combined with the Early Recruiting decisions. I believe everyone of our flips (with exception of Graham Blake) committed to Cuse before the rule change last year. That's 2 plus years of watching other teams and hearing everyone challenge them about the Syracuse Winters.

Will be interesting to see how our recruiting changes now that kids can't commit until after their Jr year.

12.6 doesn't go into 60.

No, but there’s a lot of other money out there for students. When I went there, as a non-athlete, I received all kinds of grants and academic scholarships. My family was very middle class in terms of income. How can the school not find non-scholarship money for these kids?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom