JT III wants SU-G' Town to continue | Syracusefan.com

JT III wants SU-G' Town to continue

Of course he does.
The only time the hoyas have capacity crowds is when SU plays there- in spite of the fact that they do their best to NOT to sell tickets to SU fans.
F Georgetown

Of course he does.
The only time the hoyas have capacity crowds is when SU plays there- in spite of the fact that they do their best to NOT to sell tickets to SU fans.
F Georgetown

Well, think of all the donations Syracuse fans make to their athletic department in order to buy tickets to that game. That along with beer sales is a lot of lost income for the Hoyas.

Of course he does.
F Georgetown
If we are to play them again at their place TGD needs to get a ticket allotment agreement or no deal.

If we are to play them again at their place TGD needs to get a ticket allotment agreement or no deal.

What if the deal was reciprocal? i.e. they get the same % of seats at the Dome.

I would like to know the present setup

As far as I can tell, the present set up is we let them bring as many people as they want to our place (not very many), and they try to lock us out of their's. I want to keep the Georgetown series going more than anything, but we should make them cut the crap with their ticketing if they want us to travel to DC.

I predict this is a smoke screen by JT III, who is too cowardly to admit he is afraid to continue to play Syracuse.

On the positive side, we finally know what a Hoya looks like.

cowardly_lion.jpg

They don't play fair with tickets. Drop em forever. Keep playing the Johnnies, Nova and SH.

I predict this is a smoke screen by JT III, who is too cowardly to admit he is afraid to continue to play Syracuse.

On the positive side, we finally know what a Hoya looks like.

cowardly_lion.jpg
That's a total slap in the face to Bert Lahr.

I expect a lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they see how hard it will be to get road tickets next year.

I expect a lot of people are in for a rude awakening when they see how hard it will be to get road tickets next year.

If schools make it hard in general for visiting fans to get tickets that's one thing; Georgetown seems to only make it hard for us to get tickets.

Yeah gonna be tough to get people to the Duke game when they can't even hold 10k.

It's not as if he clearly says, "I want the rivalry to continue."
This really isn't much of a statement at all about wanting the series to go on:

"...But I still anticipate us playing although it hasn’t been hammered out for next year or for the immediate (future). But I don’t think that it’s something that’s going to necessarily go away."

Pretty wishy-washy.
But what do you expect from Mr. Potatohead?

Nevertheless, we must find a way to keep the hate alive.

I LOOOOOAAAAAAATHE G-TOWN!

GO ORANGE!

As soon as they promise us 5,000 tickets to the Verizon, IT'S ON.

Not at all. It will be hard but that is Ok if it is sold out to their own fans. There were BE agreements that I assume the ACC would have also as to ticket allotment. If it is 500 for visitors, then it is 500. If 1 school sells out their place less the 500 great. But if they only sell 1/2 their seats and make it almost impossible for anyone to get then it is BS.

Sent using my Commodore 64

well than Georgetown is BS!!
by the way, its 5:17,...AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!!

Not at all. It will be hard but that is Ok if it is sold out to their own fans. There were BE agreements that I assume the ACC would have also as to ticket allotment. If it is 500 for visitors, then it is 500. If 1 school sells out their place less the 500 great. But if they only sell 1/2 their seats and make it almost impossible for anyone to get then it is BS.

Either way, it HAS to be a more mature process than we have with the Hoyas ... Hopefully, DG will have learned this lesson on 'minimum allotment' policy before he signs a league contract in the ACC.

If you are a Duke or Carolina fan, the only road games you can buy single game tickets to via ticketmaster are BC and FSU. If available, Ga Tech tix go on sale 7-14 days before the game. Otherwise, you have to buy a multi-game package.

If you are a Duke or Carolina fan, the only road games you can buy single game tickets to via ticketmaster are BC and FSU. If available, Ga Tech tix go on sale 7-14 days before the game. Otherwise, you have to buy a multi-game package.
This is a terrible policy ... I know they do it to gouge/exclude opposing fans. But NCAA conference games should require reasonable access. (as opposed to the 142 tickets the Hoyettes send us to the verizon).