Class of 2017 - JUCO DT Shaquille Grosvenor (NJ) Committed & Signed with Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 JUCO DT Shaquille Grosvenor (NJ) Committed & Signed with Syracuse

I like the fact that we brought in two juco D lineman who have 3 years to play 3. I think Berry contributes his first year though.

Z6y3QL3.gif

Nose Tackle? I bet he is closer to 6' than 6'2" just going by pictures of him with teammates.

If he takes to the weights...might be another Nick Romeo.

Nose Tackle? I bet he is closer to 6' than 6'2" just going by pictures of him with teammates.

If he takes to the weights...might be another Nick Romeo.
Nick was a freak. Florida state championship in weight lifting two times. 6'0 - 6'1 300 pounds of pure strength and high intelligence on and off field. Nick was a dedicated lifter for most of his youth. I can hope this kid has the same success but Nicks was a work of persistence and effort over time

Have no idea on the kid but you can't teach size of any kind. Lot of body change going from 220 to 290. I like a lot!

Regardless, even if he doesn't make 1st team D (don't get me wrong I hope he does), quality depth positions are all too critical from practice squads to special teams. When first & second team OLs line up against a 2nd team defense, you want to practice against a 290 DT instead of a 220 DE.

Welcome to SU Mr Grosvenor!

I see this guy as a depth/development guy year 1
Year 2 solid rotation guy
Year 3 possible starter/solid rotation
This staff is not going to waste three years on a "body"

That makes the DT group:

Slayton
Clark
Samuels
Williams
Ruff
Grosvenor
Harper (maybe also a move to make sure they can RS him for sure?)

Agree with him as a developmental prospect. Solid foundation to work with on this kid. Alot of flaws on film, poor pad level in the hole and he gets caught unaware by down blocks and cross blocks, has a tendency to get wrong-armed and it looks to me its from being overly focused on the ball...kid is raw. Very good lateral agility and flashes some good closing ability and violent hands. Clearly has the upper-body strength to get off blocks and control space on the inside at this level. Will be a good indication of how good coach Reynolds is. I think this is a solid get.

Shaquille, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Shaquille Grosvenor3081832_33cd2d49a1c344db93a15257ee6efcc1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom