Class of 2023 - JUCO OL Lysander Moeolo (WA / TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (10/31/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO OL Lysander Moeolo (WA / TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (10/31/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it.

Now, we just need to land that JUCO center, and I like what we'd have in the pipeline at OL next year, in terms of both quality AND depth.
What Juco center are you writing about?

Sounds like if Sean does stay (you never know) there may be an even beefier front line in front of him.

Could someone provide the correct pronunciation of his last name?

The young man can move for his height and weight
Can you imagine him playing along the side of Ellis 6'-6" 335 lbs. You should be able to drive a mack truck through where those two block.
Yes those 2 together would = 13 FT. 700 LB'S

I like it.

Now, we just need to land that JUCO center, and I like what we'd have in the pipeline at OL next year, in terms of both quality AND depth.
Yup. We desperately need a real center.

Slow getting out of his stance.
Quality DE will beat him on pass protection.
Schmidt needs to "coach him up' or we got Linda Ronstadt
singing Blue Bayou...

He and Ellis can have a pancake contest.
No thanks. Ellis needs to hit the tread and lose 20 lbs instead. Moeolo and Linton can have a pancake eating contest.

I don't have high hopes -- most of the JUCO OL we've been able to pull over the years aren't immediate impact guys.

But if this can move his puppies a little, he's a quality get -- even if it takes a year for him to round into form as a contributor.

Would love to see a coach's assessment of his capabilities / mobility.

I don't have high hopes -- most of the JUCO OL we've been able to pull over the years aren't immediate impact guys.

But if this can move his puppies a little, he's a quality get -- even if it takes a year for him to round into form as a contributor.

Would love to see a coach's assessment of his capabilities / mobility.
He’s definitely an interior OL. I’m not sure his feet are fast enough to either tackle position.

But he is clearly a big and strong kid who can get to the second level in the run game. He’s certainly a mauler type.

Most likely a depth kid that has potential
to be a contributor inside. He has potential to be a starter - will need some time reshaping his body.

He’s definitely an interior OL. I’m not sure his feet are fast enough to either tackle position.

But he is clearly a big and strong kid who can get to the second level in the run game. He’s certainly a mauler type.

to be a contributor inside. He has potential to be a starter - will need some time reshaping his body.

Thanks, B -- makes sense.

Sounds like he's best suited for interior OL, based upon that assessment. Also makes sense that he might need a year in the weight room / learning the system before he'd be ready to challenge for a spot on the two-deep.

Still like the signing! At our level, OL generally need to be developed.

Yeah I was thinking Guard - Andrew Tiller type player when I saw him. Obviously needs work to be Andrew Tiller.

Status
Not open for further replies.