Class of 2023 - JUCO OL Lysander Moeolo (WA / TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (10/31/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 JUCO OL Lysander Moeolo (WA / TX) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (10/31/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis needs to lose some weight. He’s just an ankle sprain waiting to happen at that wait and I have to think it affects his stamina.
Playing that heavy clearly does.

Kid needs to get stronger, so you can dominate at the point of attack. It's unfairable the player his size doesn't destroy the guy across from him. Improving his strength will make that happen.

And if you devotes himself too strengthening conditioning this offseason, he'll lose weight too

Playing that heavy clearly does.

Kid needs to get stronger, so you can dominate at the point of attack. It's unfairable the player his size doesn't destroy the guy across from him. Improving his strength will make that happen.

And if you devotes himself too strengthening conditioning this offseason, he'll lose weight too
Hopefully the strength and conditioning people pay more attention to the strength and conditioning of the players they are supposed to be managing this off season.

You can't let key players add 40 pounds of fat during an off season.

Maybe he had some kind of condition that drove this. Not really sure how this could happen. Hoping it never happens again.

Hopefully the strength and conditioning people pay more attention to the strength and conditioning of the players they are supposed to be managing this off season.

You can't let key players add 40 pounds of fat during an off season.

Maybe he had some kind of condition that drove this. Not really sure how this could happen. Hoping it never happens again.
Fwiw he was that weight at the beginning of last year. For some reason they just listed him 30lb something pounds less than what he really was.

Fwiw he was that weight at the beginning of last year. For some reason they just listed him 30lb something pounds less than what he really was.
Yes, I don’t know why we don’t give reliable weights for players any longer but anyone could see Kalan came into 2022 preseason camp a lot heavier than he was at the end of the 2021 season. Or even at the end of spring practice.

If he wants to remain a starter, and if he wants to have a chance to stay healthy in 2023, he has to lose a lot of that fat. I think this is one of the keys for the season. Would hate to lose an experienced and talented starter because he just can’t control his weight.

Yes, I don’t know why we don’t give reliable weights for players any longer but anyone could see Kalan came into 2022 preseason camp a lot heavier than he was at the end of the 2021 season. Or even at the end of spring practice.

If he wants to remain a starter, and if he wants to have a chance to stay healthy in 2023, he has to lose a lot of that fat. I think this is one of the keys for the season. Would hate to lose an experienced and talented starter because he just can’t control his weight.
Wasn’t he around 400lbs at camp this year?

I hate to tell you this Kalan but no more
spam GIF

I see spam and other horrifying canned meats at this discount grocery store I go to. I have this disturbing desire to try it.

LYSANDER MOEOLO COMMIT TO SU JUCO NAVARRO COLLEGE CORSICANA, TX
# 78 6' 6" 345 OT STATS N/A

ASSETS PER FILM:
QUICK FOR SIZE
USES FEET WELL
VERY STRONG
GREAT BLOCKER BOTH PASS AND RUNNING, HAD HIS MAN ON THE GROUND SEVERAL PLAYS
STAYS WITH MAN TO BLOCK HIM OUT OF THE PLAY AFTER RB IS THROUGH
LOTS OF PANCAKES

GOOD OFFER

WHAT HAPPENED: Syracuse received a commitment from Lysander Moeolo, an offensive lineman from Navarro (TX) College. Moeolo was originally a three-star recruit in the 2021 cycle from Lacey, WA, and was the 168th rated offensive tackle in his class. He is listed at 6 foot 6, and 330 pounds on the Navarro website. The Orange had offered Moeolo on Oct. 7.

Syracuse, N.Y. — Syracuse football added its first new commit to its 2023 class since late July on Monday.

Offensive lineman Lysander Moeolo, a junior college prospect, announced his verbal commitment to the Orange via Twitter. He’s currently playing his second season at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas. He announced his offer from SU on Oct. 7.

Moeolo is 6-foot-6, 345 pounds and listed as an offensive tackle. He also received offers from Georgia Southern, Hawaii and Old Dominion among others. Syracuse was his only Power 5 offer.

Originally from Lacey, Washington, Moeolo played at Timberline High School.

Syracuse currently has nine other players committed to its 2023 class, all of whom will be true freshmen. Moeolo is the second offensive lineman in the class. He joins Massachusetts offensive tackle Jayden Bass.
COMMITTED / SIGNED LOI

Does anyone know the status of Lysander Mosiello (spelling?)?

Has been injured all year, or not able to move up the depth chart?

Also, are there any updates on Joe More?

Don't know the answer to your question, but during the Pitt game, one of our players was followed by the cameras on the sideline, and Lysander came over to congratulate him. He wasn't dressed for the game [jersey, but no pads].

He hasn't dressed in pads for a game all year. So either injury or redshirt year.

Status
Not open for further replies.