Class of 2020 - JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 JUCO OT Antwan Reed (NY) Offered

I know all about Austin Robertson and if you cite him, someone can counter with Jeff Simmons at Miss. St who kept his nose clean and made it to the NFL. Look im not advocating for recruiting convicted felons so we can cut the sanctimonious holier than thou virtue signaling. I don't know what Sampson did, I can read between the lines in Tep624 post and figure it out. All I said was I hope it was something that warranted his scholly being pulled, which if its what I think it was then it was deserved.

Heck, there was one of these kids at Syracuse. Malcolm Cater, who got to play professional football..

Sampson is a weird one for having this conversation about. Dude redshirted at Fresno State and then was the starting center for a 4-8 team that allowed 23 sacks against weaker competition than the ACC.

...and also important to bring up that while Alton Robinson's charges were serious, he had no prior issues, it was an isolated incident, it was a fairly weak example of the charge brought against him, and after the incident the girl and her family decided against pressing charges.

There is a big difference in my mind to a one-off mistake that isn't that serious in the grand scheme [i.e., he pushed his ex-girlfriend into a bush and stole her cell phone out of jealous fear that she was cheating on him], versus assualt, rape, or something more serious.
Slippery slope there.

Why? Not if you know the facts, and don't view it through the lens of sweeping generalizations.
Information is a burden to wild speculation. Facts inhibit conspiracy. So, I have no use for facts and the only good information is misinformation.

Back to Reed, does anyone know what are coaches are doing with this kid?

I know all about Austin Robertson and if you cite him, someone can counter with Jeff Simmons at Miss. St who kept his nose clean and made it to the NFL. Look im not advocating for recruiting convicted felons so we can cut the sanctimonious holier than thou virtue signaling. I don't know what Sampson did, I can read between the lines in Tep624 post and figure it out. All I said was I hope it was something that warranted his scholly being pulled, which if its what I think it was then it was deserved.

I don't think making it to the NFL should be the measuring stick of character (or rehabilitation). The NFL is full of bad apples. Without judging Simmons, who I know nothing about, many of these guys never stay out of trouble once they've been in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom