Class of 2021 - JUCO OT Jakob Bradford (IA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/21) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 JUCO OT Jakob Bradford (IA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (2/3/21)

Sounds like his talk with Dino last night put the stamp on things. He was definitely considering VT with Cuse not currently having a line coach. He definitely would have had more P5 offers if he played this pass fall. Plus teams were in less need of juco's with extra year of eligibility awarded.
Yes... I read something that the 2020 class signed 300 JUCOS. This class only 100.

After the ridiculous, absurd, massive injuries we've had on OL these past two years -- it is nice to think that not only do we have more depth, but we might have a core nucleus of guys who have starting experience, with several new guys coming in who can challenge for a spot on the two-deep, and not have to rush true frosh onto the field.

Welcome change on all fronts.

He looks more like a guard, strong good footwork road grader.

I agree, from what I've read he needs to get more upper body strength. I would guess he'd serve as depth for next year and then push for a starting spot at guard in 2022. Will be interesting to see the depth chart for Spring Ball

After the ridiculous, absurd, massive injuries we've had on OL these past two years -- it is nice to think that not only do we have more depth, but we might have a core nucleus of guys who have starting experience, with several new guys coming in who can challenge for a spot on the two-deep, and not have to rush true frosh onto the field.

Welcome change on all fronts.
And a new coach to lead them. I wish Cav and his family well, but something wasn't clicking between the blocking concepts/communication and the scheme.

Wow, wasn't aware of that.
Was just listening to the college sports radio channel on XA radio. They had Mike Ferrell on as a guest. He estimated that hundreds of seniors in HS that would have normally gotten scholarships will not because of COVID and the recent changes in eligibility.

It is a real shame.

Was just listening to the college sports radio channel on XA radio. They had Mike Ferrell on as a guest. He estimated that hundreds of seniors in HS that would have normally gotten scholarships will not because of COVID and the recent changes in eligibility.

It is a real shame.
I imagine Chase Simmons would have had more offers coming his way as well. He couldn’t have been on anyone’s radar last year only weighting 180 pounds.

Last edited:

It is a real shame.
I think there will be a lot of HS kids prepping or going JUCO.

I think there will be a lot of HS kids prepping or going JUCO.
Just interesting because that would create such an influx of kids for 22 and 23. Add in all the transfers and very limited opportunities for these players.

Just interesting because that would create such an influx of kids for 22 and 23. Add in all the transfers and very limited opportunities for these players.
There are already limited opportunities for transfers. There will be plenty kids that will be attending non D1 programs.

Really big pickup for numerous reasons. He’ll be here for multiple years, should be able to play on day one, can potentially play multiple positions depending on how quickly he picks up the system, highly rated recruit and has the size we need.