Class of 2019 - JUCO RB JJ Branham (OH / TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/10/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 JUCO RB JJ Branham (OH / TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/10/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • http://At their request, this netwo...-of-2019-Top-100-Safety-Daxton-Hill-107286291
2019 RB John Branham One Of Ohio's Best
One of the top 2019 runningbacks in Ohio is Columbus Northland's John Branham, and college coaches have taken notice of his skill set.
xx
Even though he only played five games last season for Columbus Northland following a transfer, John Branham established himself as one of the top 2019 runningback prospects in Ohio.

Branham has speed, power and the ability to catch the football, which has put him squarely on the recruiting radar.

"I only played five games as a sophomore because of the transfer rule, but I led my team in rushing and touchdowns," Branham stated. "I run the ball very hard and have good vision. I need to work on being a smarter runner, and raising my football IQ."

With four offers to his credit, Branham has caught the eye of college assistant coiaches, and more offers should be coming his way.

"I hold offers from Cincinnati, Ohio, Toledo and Kent State," he explained. "I was also at Notre Dame for the Irish Invasion, and I loved it there. It was a great experience."

"Notre Dame said they loved me and they're going to recruit me going forward," he added. "I want to go back to Notre Dame this fall. I'm also hearing from Pittsburgh, Tennessee, USC, Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State."

"Ohio State called my coach and asked about me, and I will be going to their Friday Night Lights camp in July," he continued.

Scout will continue to track Branham over the coming seasons, as we expect to see his offer list expand.

He's a bounce back. Started his career at Eastern Michigan in 2020, Hudl tape from Blinn JC. Not sure how old he is - RS Junior + a COVID year, I'm guessing.

Edit: He was a Soph at Blinn last year, plus the COVID grace year. So it looks like he's a Jr. eligibility wise.

There is another thread on him that had him as a Class of 2019.

There is another thread on him that had him as a Class of 2019.
I didn’t see it when I initially searched but saw it bumped after posting this. Apologies to mods.

Branham, listed at 5-10, 205 pounds, played at Northland High School in Columbus (OH) and was originally part of the 2019 recruiting class. He signed with Eastern Michigan in the 2019 cycle over offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kentucky, Pittsburgh and others. Branham redshirted during the 2019 season before transferring out. He gets the covid year of 2020 to provide another year of eligibility. That leaves him with two years to play two at Syracuse.

Blinn is normally one of the top Juco's in the nation. Cam Newton and others attended.
Yep and this kid is good. Obviously the Allen situation is so up in the air, this is a good move

Welcome to Syracuse John.

Took a look at his JUCO Hudl film. He is extremely agile. Listed at 5’10, guessing more like 5’8. I believe the 218 pounds though. He is like a fire hydrant that makes violent cuts in any direction at any time.

There are also lots of videos of him doing many extreme types of training. Appears to be very motivated.

Hope this does not mean LaQuint will not be returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.