Judah…. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah….

He shot 40% from 3 at Oak Hill.

He is a fine outside shooter but a lot of good shooters struggle that first year in college. It is a big adjustment. The players are a lot bigger and faster and more athletic. There is less time to get your shot off.

If he comes back next year, I would fully expect him to shoot in the 36-40% range from the 3 point circle.
He needs another year of seasoning and to be able to play with a team that's going to be good at SU. He had better come back next year and I'm also hoping Joe and Jesse will as well. Otherwise it's another rebuild year.

I trained with Tim back in my old days. I was a pretty good shooter to begin with but he had me shooting over 50% from 3 in real games by the time he was done with me. He was truly an amazing coach; 15+ years later I still use some of the physical tools he gave me (though they've nearly fallen apart after all this time lol).

I don't live in the area anymore and have lost contact with him, but I feel like I remember hearing he had gone through some physical and mental health issues.

I know some of his shooting philosophies are considered outdated these days, but his stuff works amazingly well.
I know someone from his notre dame days who tries to help him and hoped to help him sell some of the training aids that he's constantly tweaking. I tried to track him down to run a clinic for my son's team but no luck The videos of him with SU players is interesting Wes Johnson, mcw...

I always laugh at people who look down on people playing someone else for lessons. Who knows more than JB and he seems his own kids to him

Forget giving NIL to kids in HS that JB may never coach.

This is who deserves the 6-figure deals.

I would love to have Judah back and am not sure how he would fit into the NBA. He's so herky jerky and wild, but his mid-range game is strong, he has a good handle and ability to get by guys and has vastly improved as a passer and distributor throughout the year. If he got stronger, figured out that 3-ball and was able to finish more consistently inside, he'd be an unstoppable college player.

I just can't imagine him returning unless the NIL deals are really strong.

Not snark,I have no idea, but are high school stats reliable (even at power programs)? Because I find that stat very surprising

I would venture that stats are tracked pretty closely at programs like Oak Hill. So the numbers themselves are probably rock solid.

The interpretation of those stats is murkier. A kid like Judah [even at a factory like Oak Hill] is one of the best -- if not THE best -- players on the floor at the high school level. Even for schools like Oak Hill, Monteverde, etc. that are loaded with high major talent and play other teams that are similar, it isn't the same as playing at the collegiate level.

Which means that Judah might have a bit more room to shoot, that the game is played at a slightly slower pace, that the defenders aren't as good, etc. So I'm not surprised that he shot a much better % at the HS level -- that's exactly what I'd expect.

As far as staying...2 great current examples Judah can look at too.

Jaden Ivey and Bennedict Mathurin.

Stayed that Soph year; went from low 2nd/G League to Lottery
Both are getting tons of mins in their first year to get to prove their worth.

Continues to show improvement making decisions. Thought he was super solid tonight.

He’s really calmed down. Also think JB has done a nice job subbing him out when he appears to show some frustration.

Hope he comes back next year…he’ll start getting calls he’s not getting this year.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a player evolve so much in a single season. Usually it’s a year over year improvement, he’s more game over game.
As I said elsewhere that the play on the left side, first half, where he delayed a bit and let Benny(?) get behind the defense, then hit him with the bounce pass, showed his maturation. I too, hope he is not in too big of a hurry.
I don’t follow CBB like I did, but he might get some pre-season AA consideration, if he returns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom