Judah…. | Syracusefan.com

Judah….

Jake

Mod
Continues to show improvement making decisions. Thought he was super solid tonight.

He’s really calmed down. Also think JB has done a nice job subbing him out when he appears to show some frustration.

Hope he comes back next year…he’ll start getting calls he’s not getting this year.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a player evolve so much in a single season. Usually it’s a year over year improvement, he’s more game over game.

Continues to show improvement making decisions. Thought he was super solid tonight.

He’s really calmed down. Also think JB has done a nice job subbing him out when he appears to show some frustration.

Hope he comes back next year…he’ll start getting calls he’s not getting this year.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a player evolve so much in a single season. Usually it’s a year over year improvement, he’s more game over game.
He should stay. He'll lock up a first round status, I have no doubt. As of now, unless we win the ACC Tournament, I'm not sure that's happening. The game is starting to slow down for him a little bit.

Not all the way there yet but he could be the guy we would need to be a Top 4 seed again next season.

If we did somehow win the ACC it will be because of Judah and it will solidify his decision to leave. That’s conjecture but how I see it. Unfortunately my guess is he is gone regardless. Hope I am wrong.

He has an All-America ceiling if he comes back
Yup. He’s one that I think whose ceiling could definitely improve draft wise. I don’t always say that and suggest guys leave when they can max out. Judah can get stronger and be a solid first round pick next year. This is a situation where maybe NIL helps us. He can get money here and still improve Vs the g league.

That set-up pass for the Jesse dunk after NC State hit the three pointer to go up 3 was a thing of beauty.

Last night was the first time I thought he got some calls. He was excellent.
They’ve missed quite a few on him all year even last night as he got slapped driving. The makeup late was nice though! The announcer claimed it was because of how the secondary defender attacked him because there was no contact from original guy. I admit I don’t know the rules perfectly so perhaps it was the right call.

If he has a shot at being picked in the top 20 he should go. Kids only going to get better and has some elite skills.

I said it before too on his 3 point shooting, his form is not broken & that 3 was a deadeye hit. I think his outside percentages jump next season, just hoping we get to see it here
The spin on that shot did look crazy though, would like to see it again, maybe I got fooled watching it once

Judah could lead us back to being a national title contender next season if JB is smart and uses him to help attract a top player from the portal. We’re still going to need a really good shooting guard or small forward, in my opinion, if we want to be a top team next year. The pitch is that Judah will make everyone around him better. Gotta land this Adams kid too. And hopefully Jesse comes back.

Last edited:
The spin on that shot did look crazy though, would like to see it again, maybe I got fooled watching it once
ball was spinning sideways on the replay.
Yeah, from that replay angle, he definitely has some tweeking to do with his shot.

Judah could lead us back to being a national title contender next season if JB is smart and uses him to help attract a top player from the portal. We’re still going to need a really good shooting guard or small forward, in my opinion, if we want to be a top team next year. The pitch is that he’ll make everyone around him better. Gotta land this Adams kid too. And hopefully Jesse comes back.
I think Taylor profiles as a guy who can play the 2 effectively next year,

Agree, need a do it all 3 that can help add to the dimensions of the offense. Brown is good but he needs to be paired with an offensive threat. Bell needs to get much better for me to say he is that guy. And Benny is all but gone.

Yeah, from that replay angle, he definitely has some tweeking to do with his shot.
JB needs to hunt down Tim the target, dude has gone AWOL. I keep mentioning the guy but I there have to be interesting stories to be told there , guy is out there but hop and JB trusted their players and children

He would fix his release though. Thumb pinky equal height, release with two fingers at the same time, elbow and thumb nail inside the hoop, it's gonna be on line

I said it before too on his 3 point shooting, his form is not broken & that 3 was a deadeye hit. I think his outside percentages jump next season, just hoping we get to see it here
He shot 40% from 3 at Oak Hill.

He is a fine outside shooter but a lot of good shooters struggle that first year in college. It is a big adjustment. The players are a lot bigger and faster and more athletic. There is less time to get your shot off.

If he comes back next year, I would fully expect him to shoot in the 36-40% range from the 3 point circle.

He’s learning how to solve problems that none of our other guys even have the ability to face.

You’re spot on. It’s not his shot or anything that needed the most attention, it was his decisions at the second level / when the defense was shifting to stop him.

You’re also right about the calls. He plays in a way that he’ll get calls all night at the NBA level if he can keep progressing and finally has started getting him now. They were happening all year.

Also, for how much he attacks the rim, he’s never getting dinged up bc he knows how to fall. I know people complain about him being on the ground all the time, but there are stars in the NBA that are like this bc they attack the rim. It allows a lot more angles to open up.

Not worried about his shot. If he comes back, he’ll get incrementally better. But it won’t matter. They’ll pump it up in the NBA.

I do not think people appreciate (at least not early in the season) what a phenomenal athlete and competitor he is, and were just focused on the mistakes.

Quite honestly, without him, we are like a 10 win team, maybe on the season.

I hope he comes back, and do think that doing so could secure an NBA lottery position, perhaps as high as Dion Waiters, and some form of AA honors (HM at least).

The poise on that bounce pass to Brown was incredible. He set that up and made an incredibly difficult pass.

The left handed tap ahead was a great play, but a bit easier to execute.

His ability to create a shot is as good as anyone in the league, from what I can see.

They’ve missed quite a few on him all year even last night as he got slapped driving. The makeup late was nice though! The announcer claimed it was because of how the secondary defender attacked him because there was no contact from original guy. I admit I don’t know the rules perfectly so perhaps it was the right call.
All you need to remember is JB going beserk at the Duke game when CJ Fair got called for a foul on the secondary defender.

Forget the threes... if he can master that 18 foot J off the dribble he will be unstoppable. That shot is there all night long for him if he wants it.

Right now teams play off him because he can't shoot, but yesterday he hit 3 mid range jumpers off the dribble, in addition to the three. If he hits that consistently the defender will have to play him tight and then he can use his dribbling to get by.

I see a little Jalen Brunson to his game.

He shot 40% from 3 at Oak Hill.

He is a fine outside shooter but a lot of good shooters struggle that first year in college. It is a big adjustment. The players are a lot bigger and faster and more athletic. There is less time to get your shot off.

If he comes back next year, I would fully expect him to shoot in the 36-40% range from the 3 point circle.
Not snark,I have no idea, but are high school stats reliable (even at power programs)? Because I find that stat very surprising

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom