Judah Mintz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

Love the energy and passion he plays with and appears he's the catalyst for the rest of the young guys. No doubt he has a bright future, if he was "under the radar" this is a nice get by JB and the staff.

I think Symir is a solid mentor for him and look forward to Judah only getting better as the year goes on.

Minus Joe and Jesse, and NO additions, tell me how this team will be .500 next year.
In college ball today, no one knows what next year will bring. Joe is a catch and shoot two guard who can't play defense or handle the ball. He'll be easy to replace. The 5 at SU has always been problematic off and on.

In college ball today, no one knows what next year will bring. Joe is a catch and shoot two guard who can't play defense or handle the ball. He'll be easy to replace. The 5 at SU has always been problematic off and on.
And who do you see replacing Joe’s shooting? Joe handles the ball better than a lot of two guards we’ve had over the years. You noticed the press with Judah and Joe handling the ball gave us no problems last night. They also stopped pressing in the second half because Joe was stepping into easy shots.

Really. JB said we aren’t signing anyone. That leaves the bench. Who on the bench can go for 30 points? Who on the bench does the defense have to pay attention to from 3?

Really. JB said we aren’t signing anyone. That leaves the bench. Who on the bench can go for 30 points? Who on the bench does the defense have to pay attention to from 3?
Transfer portal after JB retires?

Those two steals were a thing of beauty. In crunch time he just took over. It was like "I'm going to put these chumps away".
Loved them. He's becoming a must watch guy - he's only going to get better too.

Where is Jesse going? It’s not the pros so good chance he may return. Joe has another year if he wants it. NIL $ maybe more appealing than the alternative. There’s a long time in this season to see if the pieces fit.

Cuse

JB also said he's expecting everybody back. Joe and Jesse both have eligibility next season.

He also said that if people leave, it will be addressed through late recruiting / portal.

In college ball today, no one knows what next year will bring.
Bingo. We could lose the entire roster and a new coach will be able to plug in what he needs from Facebook marketplace.

Where is Jesse going? It’s not the pros so good chance he may return. Joe has another year if he wants it. NIL $ maybe more appealing than the alternative. There’s a long time in this season to see if the pieces fit.

Cuse
There is a whole continent across the Atlantic ocean which also plays basketball. Pretty sure Jesse finds a home over there at some point. If he could just play more physically and develop a little jumper I think he can get into a nba roster at some point.

Minus Joe and Jesse, and NO additions, tell me how this team will be .500 next year.
Judah Judah Judah and a top portal player. Plus Bell, Benny, Taylor, Copeland and Brown will all be much improved. And Jesse could very well return.

Judah Judah Judah and a top portal player. Plus Bell, Benny, Taylor, Copeland and Brown will all be much improved. And Jesse could very well return.
If 3 of those guys don’t leave I’d be shocked.

The shot Judah made in the lane in OT was an NBA move. He made it look easy. This kid is ice. His poise is unreal.

A reporter asked a question about Judah and got the JB "you can't be that stupid" look. Then JB said, "he's only played four games".

All I see lacking is a little experience. And he needs more muscle to play in the NBA. He's better than I thought he'd be as a frosh, way better.
At this point the reporters are giving JB the “you can’t be that stupid” look. Even the student reporters.

JB also said he's expecting everybody back. Joe and Jesse both have eligibility next season.

He also said that if people leave, it will be addressed through late recruiting / portal.
If we keep the same semblance of this team next year, we could be really good. Specifically Judah, Jesse. I hope we manage to keep our guys.

He can easily get into the lane but lacks the strength to finish. Last night, quite a few of his shots in the lane barely hit or entirely missed the front of the rim. His ability to get to the rim is impressive when defenders are backing off a bit and daring him to shoot. If he doesn't get his shooting act together this year, he'd be a fool to enter the draft. If he's one of the guys who luckily get drafted year after year based on potential, he'll be in the G League. If he can at least get a steady mid range game as a sophomore, he is a lottery pick. He also needs to tighten his handle and be more of a distributor.

This kid in not an NBA player. It’s a joke to even discuss it. Do you think he can get to the basket against real men? He can’t shoot at all and has zero understanding of how to run a team. He’s Joe’s and everyone else’s biggest problem. It’s all about his game and to hell with everyone else. He kicked out once last night to a teammate. He had about a half dozen other opportunities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom