Judah Mintz | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz

He can easily get into the lane but lacks the strength to finish. Last night, quite a few of his shots in the lane barely hit or entirely missed the front of the rim. His ability to get to the rim is impressive when defenders are backing off a bit and daring him to shoot. If he doesn't get his shooting act together this year, he'd be a fool to enter the draft. If he's one of the guys who luckily get drafted year after year based on potential, he'll be in the G League. If he can at least get a steady mid range game as a sophomore, he is a lottery pick. He also needs to tighten his handle and be more of a distributor.
guys can learn to shoot as professionals. more individualized, nothing else to do

I liked the Frosh PG for Illinois better than Judah. I like Judah but the brakes need to be pushed more than a little bit.

I liked the Frosh PG for Illinois better than Judah. I like Judah but the brakes need to be pushed more than a little bit.
He shot 0/10 from the field and 2/4 from the free throw line lol.

He is much higher regarded than Mintz though and has played well outside of the game against us.

He shot 0/10 from the field and 2/4 from the free throw line lol.

He is much higher regarded than Mintz though and has played well outside of the game against us.
he got his guys way better looks and controlled his team. More to the game than shooting.

They both sucked big time.

This. Clark did little positive. Shannon and Epps made shots and they defended us well. Nothing exceptional Illinois did. They might not keep their ranking that long this year come B10 conference play.

It’s kind of early for people to think this player is leaving or that player. Benny didn’t seem like he was coming back but he did. Where are they going to go? I mean a lot of them can’t complain about playing time

He messed around and had a double double! 16 points, 10 assists and 5 steals to boot. What’s more, he does an excellent job bringing the ball up under pressure. Some of those passes to Jesse reminded me of the Sherman Douglas days. We have ourselves a great player. If he could hit a three oh boy…

Huge development for him to find teammates like that. He was not doing that at all early in the season. This was easily the best he’s played IMO. Changes the whole outlook of the season, if he’s going to play like that.

He messed around and had a double double! 16 points, 10 assists and 5 steals to boot. What’s more, he does an excellent job bringing the ball up under pressure. Some of those passes to Jesse reminded me of the Sherman Douglas days. We have ourselves a great player. If he could hit a three oh boy…

A pull-up jumper would be nice.

10 assists to 1 turnover is remarkable

While Judah was not all THAT close to a triple double, it made me think about which Syracuse player last had one and it was 21 years ago by our very own Allen Griffin in 2001. He had 14 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists.

The last person to have one against us you ask?
It happened just the other night versus Illinois. Coleman Hawkins had 15 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists.

While Judah was not all THAT close to a triple double, it made me think about which Syracuse player last had one and it was 21 years ago by our very own Allen Griffin in 2001. He had 14 points 10 rebounds and 11 assists.

The last person to have one against us you ask?
It happened just the other night versus Illinois. Coleman Hawkins had 15 points 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
If I recall, Griffin and Z Sims both had them.

Kadary may have been the type of player who could pull one off as an upperclassman.

Gotta assume MCW was close? He definitely had some in the NBA.

Assume Billy Owens must’ve had one at some point?

Carmelo had 20, 10, and 7 in the national title game. Close and given the stakes - it deserves mention.

If I recall, Griffin and Z Sims both had them.

Kadary may have been the type of player who could pull one off as an upperclassman.

Gotta assume MCW was close? He definitely had some in the NBA.

Assume Billy Owens must’ve had one at some point?

Carmelo had 20, 10, and 7 in the national title game. Close and given the stakes - it deserves mention.

MCW had a few close calls.
17/10/9 vs Arkansas
18/13/9 vs Central Connecticut

MCW had a few close calls.
17/10/9 vs Arkansas
18/13/9 vs Central Connecticut
Remember that Arkansas game well. Southerland hit like 8-9 3’s, and I was feeling MCW was our best all around player since Melo and thinking we had a shot to win it all.

What a time. Miss those years so much.

a so
My only quibble is sometimes I’m not sure he realizes how much time he has to get it over half court. It cost us once and he was close a bunch of other times.
girard was not without fault that possession either. He wasted a few seconds then threw a grenade back to Mintz

Dave Bing’s 20 / 15 / 11 is probably our most impressive. Wilt’s 22 / 25 / 21 in 1961 may never be done again.

Wilt may never be done again.

Happy too that we had Symir to turn to to sit and settle down both Judah and Joe G after that horrible start today. When Torrence and JBA came in we were down 17-6 , we then went up 21-20, when Symir was subbed out and Judah returned. Both Joe and Judah had alternately sat down during that 5 minute 32 sec span. Great subbing and adjustments. Judah really took off after he was subbed in around that 8 minute mark left in the first half.

Happy too that we had Symir to turn to to sit and settle down both Judah and Joe G after that horrible start today. When Torrence and JBA came in we were down 17-6 , we then went up 21-20, when Symir was subbed out and Judah returned. Both Joe and Judah had alternately sat down during that 5 minute 32 sec span. Great subbing and adjustments. Judah really took off after he was subbed in around that 8 minute mark left in the first half.
nice having quality depth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom