Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

Everyone keeps saying that Judah was told by the NBA to go back to school and become a better 3 point shooter and facilitator.

Then they say he hasn't improved in those two areas so that's evidence that Judah doesn't listen to coaching or work hard enough.

Maybe Judah did listen to that advice, works really hard & wants to improve on them but still can't do those two things well enough for the NBA.

Not every player is good enough for the NBA and there is nothing wrong with Judah if he isn't.
Agreed. However, those players that aren't usually don't play like they are. Like if Cuffe started doing that crap where you kick your legs out and line drive a jumper at the rim to pretend you were fouled, I think the reaction would be, "What the hell are you doing?"

With Judah, it just seems to be accepted. Judah is great at what Judah does...and what Judah does will get you barely on the bubble or below. Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double and won an MVP on a team that basically got swept in the 1st round in the playoffs as a 6 seed. Same difference. Judah can be an All ACC player, I don't think many people dispute that.

Why do people keep talking about NIL concerns? Did we not just watch our NIL program open the checkbook up for every single player Brown wanted about 50 of them.

Going into a 3rd year with no tourney do we really think Autry is not going to get the money he needs for 10 guys?

Who knows how much bball NIL there is/will be. But although fball has far more players, the resources are far far greater with football NIL. Not a fair comparison.

Everyone keeps saying that Judah was told by the NBA to go back to school and become a better 3 point shooter and facilitator.

Then they say he hasn't improved in those two areas so that's evidence that Judah doesn't listen to coaching or work hard enough.

Maybe Judah did listen to that advice, works really hard & wants to improve on them but still can't do those two things well enough for the NBA.

Not every player is good enough for the NBA and there is nothing wrong with Judah if he isn't.
I have no idea how hard he has worked on his outside shot, but his form needed to be completely altered and that clearly didn't happen.

You want to double down on terrible shooting in 2024?

Why does he only choose to play defense at certain times if he wants to win so bad?
Try watching the games a second time and focus on him.

Who knows how much bball NIL there is/will be. But although fball has far more players, the resources are far far greater with football NIL. Not a fair comparison.
So the Syracuse NIL fund for football is far, far greater than the Syracuse NIL fund for basketball?

I wouldn't have guessed that Syracuse boosters would support football far more than basketball but I'm on the outside and have always thought Syracuse basketball had more fan support.

We have no center. We have no forwards who can do more than one thing well. We have the worst rebounding frontcourt I have ever seen. Brown was out of position at center and our other PF candidates were dismissed or injured. We have two starters who are beyond pathetic at defense. We have a starter who was supposed to be a shooter but hasn't made a jumper since 2023. Judah being just an all ACC talent instead of a first round NBA pick type talent is so far down the list of problems with this team. He is so far down the list of reasons why we lost yesterday. People acting like this season is proof that Judah can only take you so far is insanity to me. It's like the supporting cast is not even a factor for some people.

I think his form may have gotten worse. Did he twist his body last year on jumpers and sometimes even FTs?
Young man falls hard a lot - maybe he’s developed a twist habit on shots thinking it would help to avoid, protect himself from some of the harshest contact? Habits get so difficult to change. Strange on foul shots though.

I think his form may have gotten worse. Did he twist his body last year on jumpers and sometimes even FTs?
agreed. He has from what I have seen never squared up on outside shots. About the only semblance of squaring up comes when he shoots within the paint on a turnaround jumper. I also see that he doesn't shoot well when he isn't moving. He has gotten better at FTs but again to your point he does it with the sideway shot not a squared up shot. Lots of shooters like to shoot foul shots with a lead foot. Actually, most do but Judah takes it to a new level. bottom line is he isn't a good shooter, but because his form is so bad he actually has room to significantly improve if he will make the effort to change things up.

So the Syracuse NIL fund for football is far, far greater than the Syracuse NIL fund for basketball?

I wouldn't have guessed that Syracuse boosters would support football far more than basketball but I'm on the outside and have always thought Syracuse basketball had more fan support.

Well with 85 scholie players in fball and 13 for bball it has to be much larger. While we have several very very generous donors on the bball side I’ve always felt fball had more. A single bball player may get high end money but the depth of the NIL is greater on fball. It needs to be. In fact one person on the football side was responsible for bringing in $3.5M this year. Don’t know how sustainable it is though.

actually, went to college on a bball ship, how about you.
Seriously, if you’ve played, and I’ll take your word for now, then you’ve played with that guy, or you’ve been that guy who pisses off all of his teammates.

Try watching the games a second time and focus on him.

I do. He can't fight through a screen, he's not communicative on D, he doesn't know when to switch.

He went over a screen chasing Joe, then ran by him while chasing him when he was lurching to try to get a steal, Joe paused, nailed a three.

His shooting form is worse. He's discarded half court play calls. He's ignored Red calling to run. He's argued with refs DURING A LIVE POSSESSION.

He actively looks for contact when he has over a foot of space between him and the defender for his jump shot.

There is a reason he's not being drafted this year. His two games against Clemson are examples #1 and #2 why.

You let me know when Duke or Kentucky or the NBA come calling for him.

Last edited:
Young man falls hard a lot - maybe he’s developed a twist habit on shots thinking it would help to avoid, protect himself from some of the harshest contact? Habits get so difficult to change. Strange on foul shots though.

He is trying to be 2006 D Wade. But he's doing the worst impression I've ever seen of it to the detriment of himself and our team.

agreed. He has from what I have seen never squared up on outside shots. About the only semblance of squaring up comes when he shoots within the paint on a turnaround jumper. I also see that he doesn't shoot well when he isn't moving. He has gotten better at FTs but again to your point he does it with the sideway shot not a squared up shot. Lots of shooters like to shoot foul shots with a lead foot. Actually, most do but Judah takes it to a new level. bottom line is he isn't a good shooter, but because his form is so bad he actually has room to significantly improve if he will make the effort to change things up.
Slightly offset feet probably help your shoulder elbow hand and eye to be on a line to the basket. But turning as much as mintz makes the shoulder work in a very unnatural inaccurate way, I think.

Why do people keep talking about NIL concerns? Did we not just watch our NIL program open the checkbook up for every single player Brown wanted about 50 of them.

Going into a 3rd year with no tourney do we really think Autry is not going to get the money he needs for 10 guys?
Fingers crossed!

Ric Flair school of shooting

ric flair flop GIF

I can see another school making the mistake of doing so, but will they? I don't know and nor do I care.

Let's remember that Judah was down to juggernauts Pitt and DePaul out of HS. I think his warts were well known at the time he was recruited and for SU he was the best choice remaining after Dior flaked and JJ went to ND. I also think it's fairly obvious Red wanted JJ over both of them out of HS but JAB wasn't on board with it.
It’s amazing how opinions change from “he’s the best player they’ve gotten in years” to “he’s a bum” based on a week by week performance and because of his final college list, no less. I guess it’s not surprising though seeing as Joe Girard got offers from Duke, Baylor, and Michigan alongside late in home visits from top flight coaches and yet he was also somehow a bum. Seems like every player since Flynn was either lazy, not team player, a quitter or a bum who no one else wanted.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t that be worked out before the offseason starts? Hasn’t fundraising been happening all year so the coaches can hit the ground running?

Shouldn’t that be worked out before the offseason starts? Hasn’t fundraising been happening all year so the coaches can hit the ground running?

I would think so.

I invented basketball. And teams. Not Microsoft Teams though
Hmmmm. So, which statement is true?

James Naismith is alive and living in Vermont, where he has become an avid Syracuse fan and had a son while over 100 years of age.

Or

We have a ghost who posts regularly on the board, mostly about basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom