Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Judah On GTown's Portal Wishlist?

He won't be here. And like I said elsewhere, it just might be about money for us as well. Where to invest our money.
Hypothetical numbers but would have to think that the idea is why pay Judah 600k if you can get two solid starters for 300k each (or one starter and increase NIL for JJ/Chris Bell/Maliq)

Another thing to consider with Judah is he’s almost certainly gonna go through the draft process again. I doubt Red wants next years teams starting point guard potentially hanging in the balance until the draft deadline like last year. It makes getting a backup plan a lot harder with far fewer options.

Matt Park said today if he had to guess he’d say Judah plays for another college team next year. Matt isn’t exactly an outsider with the program. Very interesting.

With the addendum that he won’t say — the NBA plan is on thin ice.

Hypothetical numbers but would have to think that the idea is why pay Judah 600k if you can get two solid starters for 300k each (or one starter and increase NIL for JJ/Chris Bell/Maliq)
I’ve been very pro keeping Judah but I’d much rather a portal pg in reds vision and keeping those 3.

Another thing to consider with Judah is he’s almost certainly gonna go through the draft process again. I doubt Red wants next years teams starting point guard potentially hanging in the balance until the draft deadline like last year. It makes getting a backup plan a lot harder with far fewer options.

Judah is a talented ball player.

Judah will be 21 at the start of next season.

His clock is ticking. I don’t think it’s coincidence that Givony put him in 2025 and at the very back end of round 2.

He should absolutely get more feedback, but the feedback may not align with the best offer he gets for type of play.

Judah is in a tough place. He should make all the money he can though. College, pro league, etc.

Red deserves to have a lead guard that plays the way he wants to play.

This is a really great point.

I hope one day to find someone who loves me as blindly and unconditionally as you love the scrap metal man.
It's not about love - it's about running this operation like a business. Sometimes you have to work with people you don't like or can't stand for any number of reasons. Why? Because they help the business. Now there's rumors about being outbid from the likes of Georgetown. Dasher himself said we're better off saving Judah's money for some other players. Do you think Duke has this problem?

It's not about love - it's about running this operation like a business. Sometimes you have to work with people you don't like or can't stand for any number of reasons. Why? Because they help the business. Now there's rumors about being outbid from the likes of Georgetown. Dasher himself said we're better off saving Judah's money for some other players. Do you think Duke has this problem?
When did SU become Duke? The NIL $$$$ will be there if Judah stays in college and Red wants to keep Judah that bad.

Can’t compare us or anyone to Duke. They are in a league of their own for American high school talent.

Even at the height of Syracuse basketball I don't think anybody would compare them to Duke.

Why? Coack K built that program and he's gone. Now it's just a shoddy old high school gym.

They get guys into the NBA that get second contracts.

They have like 24 or 25 guys in the NBA this year. With earnings of almost $300M this year with a total career earnings of $1.2bn.

They have Cooper Flagg + three other five stars + another four star coming next year.

Do you see celebs on their phones at their games in that “shoddy old high school gym”?

You’re looking for a problem where there isn’t one. This is more JG3, Paul Harris, or ED leaving.

They get guys into the NBA that get second contracts.

They have like 24 or 25 guys in the NBA this year. With earnings of almost $300M this year with a total career earnings of $1.2bn.

They have Cooper Flagg + three other five stars + another four star coming next year.

Do you see celebs on their phones at their games in that “shoddy old high school gym”?

Do they? I mean, that's the perception, no different than when Cal got all those cream of the crop (one & done only because of the NBA rule) prep dudes.

Fact of the matter is, they were destined for the NBA and the aforementioned contracts with or without K or Cal. I find it extremely difficult to ever buy into the premise that spending one year there had much to do with them getting to the league, let alone staying there. The marketing/pitch certainly works for the programs/schools that are quite fortunate though.

There's a reason why they are called "blue chippers."

Last edited:
Do they? I mean, that's the perception, no different than when Cal got all those cream of the crop (one & done only because of the NBA rule) prep dudes.

Fact of the matter is, they were destined for the NBA and the aforementioned contracts with or without K or Cal. I find it extremely difficult to ever buy into the premise that spending one year there had much to do with them getting to the league, let alone staying there. The marketing/pitch certainly works for the programs/schools that are quite fortunate though.

There's a reason why they are called "blue chippers."

Does it matter if the chicken or egg came first? It’s the reality now.

Look at who has the #1 class next year.

Let's be real, it is highly unlikely we land a portal pg who is either strait up better than Mintz, or fills the exact needs we want out of a pg while not being too horrible in other areas that Mintz excels in. The list of guys like that is already going to be short. The list of guys like that who want to come here will be much shorter. Then we also will have growing pains with team chemistry and other potential issues that come with a plug in player. I know the tea leaves seem to suggest he is leaving, but we should at least do everything we can to keep him around if possible. People talk like they have learned nothing from the Girard situation. That magical replacement is going to come with their own set of flaws and setbacks. We should avoid that process if at all possible. Mintz will be missed greatly if he leaves, despite his flaws.

If he leaves we need the coaches to actually do their research. Players are out there, and lots of times from a lower level. Think about Jalen Pickett who Penn State got from Siena a few year ago. Dude became all-league and NBA draft pick! I know he’s a forward, but how about Tennessee scooping up a Dalton Kineck (sp) type player from not a power conference.

No question he's a very good player. It's possible his replacement isn't as good but is a better fit, resulting in a better team.
The optimistic take is that maybe Quadir takes the next step and becomes a true PG, improves his scoring ability, etc. and the guy you bring in to take Judah's roster spot provides more perimeter shooting to improve the team's spacing on the offensive end.

The pessimistic take is we're losing the one player we have that can consistently create shots and we end up wasting our 5 star freshman/improving Maliq Brown by not having a PG that can put consistent pressure on the defense.

Sounds like we probably have to just hope we get Door #1.

I wouldn't be surprised if Judah declares for NBA and enters portal as a backup plan (like most fringe NBA guys do now a days). Always seemed like NBA has always been plan A and getting the biggest bag would be plan B.

Judah wants to be paid. He want/wants/wanted Jesse type money this year and didnt get it but he got a lot of money. He just feels he deserves more. Which is totally fine. But I don’t think SU is going to get him the number he wants, hence why dasher is correct

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom