Julian W in for Anderson needs to happen | Syracusefan.com

Julian W in for Anderson needs to happen

That isn't the only change needed in the secondary.

I'm eager to see Morgan and Kelly get more PT. And Reddish coming back will also be a welcome change.

Has Anderson played any safety? He's an OK tackler but a step slow for corner.

Has Anderson played any safety? He's an OK tackler but a step slow for corner.

I've been saying that for 2 years. He gets flat footed while looking into the backfield and doesn't turn well as result.

I loved what Whigham showed v Clemson and would love to see him get a lot more reps.

I've been saying that for 2 years. He gets flat footed while looking into the backfield and doesn't turn well as result.

I loved what Whigham showed v Clemson and would love to see him get a lot more reps.

I say this after EVERY game. Ri'shard Anderson is not the answer. I've seen the back of his jersey way too many times this season (and last year for that matter). Reddish & Lynn at CB. Eskidgre, Morgan at the safety spots. More Whigham. These are our five best secondary players in my opinion. Wilkes & Anderson just don't get it done. I appreciate their effort and the time they've put in throughout their careers, but neither of them should be starting.

I say this after EVERY game. Ri'shard Anderson is not the answer. I've seen the back of his jersey way too many times this season (and last year for that matter). Reddish & Lynn at CB. Eskidgre, Morgan at the safety spots. More Whigham. These are our five best secondary players in my opinion. Wilkes & Anderson just don't get it done. I appreciate their effort and the time they've put in throughout their careers, but neither of them should be starting.

I'd like to see what Desir has to offer as well and Darius Kelly shoud be getting a LOOOOOOOONG look as well.

I'd like to see what Desir has to offer as well and Darius Kelly shoud be getting a LOOOOOOOONG look as well.

The good news is - we seem to have quite a few talented guys in the secondary. And although some of them are not getting the amount of snaps you or I, and probably most others would like to see...at least they'll be there next year. Between Reddish, Whigham, Eskridge, Morgan, Desir & Kelly...we should see vast improvement come next season, and hopefully this year. It all goes back to my point that Anderson & Wilkes are taking away reps from guys who seem more talented and deserving. Get these younger kids on the field. Whigham looked like he belonged against Clemson. I think he's exceeded expectations to this point.

The good news is - we seem to have quite a few talented guys in the secondary. And although some of them are not getting the amount of snaps you or I, and probably most others would like to see...at least they'll be there next year. Between Reddish, Whigham, Eskridge, Morgan, Desir & Kelly...we should see vast improvement come next season, and hopefully this year. It all goes back to my point that Anderson & Wilkes are taking away reps from guys who seem more talented and deserving. Get these younger kids on the field. Whigham looked like he belonged against Clemson. I think he's exceeded expectations to this point.

I've always had high expectations for Whigham. So did opposing recruiters after his health issue got sorted and he was able to add some of the bulk/strength he had lost. I'm so glad he stayed firm on his commetiment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom