Julian Whigham | Syracusefan.com

Julian Whigham

TheSpaz

2nd String
Julian Whigham will be on ESPN at 4pm on ESPN if you want to watch him in action.

Spaz .. what's your thoughts on him? Do we hold onto him?

Faton batua is the QB. Transfer from NY. JW is number 2

Dwyer's QB Faton Bauta is a transfer from Poly Prep in Brooklyn. He's got high major offers as a LB, ESPN says we've offered.

WAY TO GO JULIAN!!! Think this kid is going to be a spittin image of Keon Lyn, the difference, unlike Lyn we should have the depth to afford Julian a RS season.

Dwyer's QB Faton Bauta is a transfer from Poly Prep in Brooklyn. He's got high major offers as a LB, ESPN says we've offered.

GOOD! His physical abilities and the move to Florida seemed to pump his ratings and interest way up. Hopefully the big schools are less than enamored with his QB skills and we can get him to come home by offering the shot at QB.

Neither of these teams impressed me ... look like Henninger v FM

Neither of these teams impressed me ... look like Henninger v FM

True... now, I am not saying that either of those teams wouldn't get destroyed by the teams on TV, but in the end they still look like HS kids out there. Which is why I have no problem building the base of our team out of underdeveloped high-ceiling northern kids, and then dotting each class with a few choice Ohio, Pennsylvania, Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, Colorado, and Florida kids.

You obviously don't follow football at the high school or collegiate level ...
I was being a wise ass -- but in all seriousness, that was a sloppy, unimpressive first half

I was being a wise ass -- but in all seriousness, that was a sloppy, unimpressive first half

I am watching it on my DVR as we speak ... we are getting tornadoes down here and it keeps killing my coverage ... so I just let it record and I am now playing catch up ... its amazing how fast some of these guys are in spite of the fact that they have been sloppy thus far ... its why these Florida schools have such a leg up ... they just yank guys like Percy Harvin out of these programs and turn them loose.

That's true .. and not hard to do

Auburn is a mess, Moskov is a horrible program builder and coach while AD Tam Ray is a joke who has accomplished nothing more than robbing tax payers.

May I add I wish Auburn had Tim Green as its coach. The current one is content with two win seasons

[quote="wfschrec, post: 8407" they just yank guys like Percy Harvin out of these programs and turn them loose.[/quote]

I am 99 percent certain they pulled Harvin out of the Tidewater Region of Virginia. I am also pretty sure the Florida has been pulling studs out of NY/NJ/PA and CT over the last few years.

Overall though, I absolutely get your point. Those Florida schools are extremely advanced compared to their Northern brethren. That being said, Bauta certainly did not look out of place, and he is from NJ and played ball at a NYC high school until this Spring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom