Just back from the game... | Syracusefan.com

Just back from the game...

BostonOrange

2nd String
1. To go through a whole season and lose 3 games is an achievement. To do it with no true stars is even more of an achievement. Factor in all the off the court stuff and it is really pretty special.
2. In the end we just weren't quite good enough. Could we beat OSU, or unc, or uk? Sure...but the team we put on the floor tonight is 50/50 or less against all of them. No inside game at all. Streaky outside game. Limited on the boards and marginal defensive presence on the interior. A good team for sure..but limited.
3. Speaking of good but limited that describes the two srs perfectly. Kudos to scoop for a good tourney. Too bad kj couldn't have done better tonight but he is a complementary piece not a guy you can consistently run iso's for.
4. Micro analyzing the game I thnk the stretch late in the 1st half where we decided to take a series of contested 18 fters with 25 seconds on the shot clock really hurt us. And, OSu played real solid so congrats to them.
5. As for next year...will we be able to score in the Half court? That is my only big question...dw is gone, scoop for all his faults did make things happen, where will the offense come from? Need McW, cooney, and others including frosh to emerge.

MCW will make all of his teammates better next year. We will have better post play which will allow Brandon and Trevor some open looks. The biggest surprise next year will be Grant . He will play because he is a great defensive player.

I am betting Triche and Southerland will be at least as good as Scoop and Kris were on the court. In terms of leadership, I don't know. Scoop was a leader. MCW will be just fine running the point. DC2 will be a post threat. CJ will be great. Xmas will be very solid. Hopefully Cooney can shoot as well as we've heard. Team should be just fine. Should be preseason Top 20 even without Noel.

Who will back up MCW? Who do we have to play point besides him and Brandon? Can't remember, sorry... first post since loss.

1. To go through a whole season and lose 3 games is an achievement. To do it with no true stars is even more of an achievement. Factor in all the off the court stuff and it is really pretty special.
2. In the end we just weren't quite good enough. Could we beat OSU, or unc, or uk? Sure...but the team we put on the floor tonight is 50/50 or less against all of them. No inside game at all. Streaky outside game. Limited on the boards and marginal defensive presence on the interior. A good team for sure..but limited.
3. Speaking of good but limited that describes the two srs perfectly. Kudos to scoop for a good tourney. Too bad kj couldn't have done better tonight but he is a complementary piece not a guy you can consistently run iso's for.
4. Micro analyzing the game I thnk the stretch late in the 1st half where we decided to take a series of contested 18 fters with 25 seconds on the shot clock really hurt us. And, OSu played real solid so congrats to them.
5. As for next year...will we be able to score in the Half court? That is my only big question...dw is gone, scoop for all his faults did make things happen, where will the offense come from? Need McW, cooney, and others including frosh to emerge.

Perfect post. Now I do not need to post the same thing. Especially point 4.

The only thing I would add regards the refs and point 4. People think we got hosed by the refs, and maybe we did. However, refs cannot call fouls on OSU when we shoot 10 jumpers in a row. And they won't make calls when we play soft.

That said, the refs were too involved. They are the #1 thing I hate about basketball, and there is very little I hate about basketball.

Who will back up MCW? Who do we have to play point besides him and Brandon? Can't remember, sorry... first post since loss.

Who backs up Craft?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom