Just balance the HCDM scales a little bit... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Just balance the HCDM scales a little bit...

I don't ever recall Marrone mentioning Nassib as a possible candidate for the Bill's QB. Poof! Smokescreen gone... The firestorm and subsequent billows of smoke were create by the media. Don't feel too bad about it though... all of us get sucked in by it at one time or another.

It wasn't just a media fabrication. There were plenty of reports that attributed sources within the Bills organization. If you don't want to believe all (or even some) of them, that's fine. I'm not going to believe all of them were made up.

You asked him to be more upfront about his intentions but that's not something NFL coaches do, ever.

I didn't say they did.

It wasn't just a media fabrication. There were plenty of reports that attributed sources within the Bills organization. If you don't want to believe all (or even some) of them, that's fine. I'm not going to believe all of them were made up.

Please cite these reports. Direct quotes from Marrone himself would be helpful.

I didn't say they did.

So only Marrone should be held to that ridiculous standard of telling the media what his team's drafts plans are?

Then you are holding Doug to a higher standard than everyone else. :noidea:

Again, just as his interests are with the Bills, mine are with SU.

Please cite these reports. Direct quotes from Marrone himself would be helpful.

So only Marrone should be held to that ridiculous standard of telling the media what his team's drafts plans are?

Never said he had to. But as a fan of SU, I don't have to like it.

Obviously there won't be direct quotes from Marrone. The sources are always unnamed. But there was concern from within the organization that the Jets or Jaguars would take Nassib. They could have said Geno Smith or Matt Barkley and it would have served the same purpose. No one saw the Manuel pick coming.

My sense of the meaning of "attributed" in the above sentence is that a person or persons who may or may not be part of the Bills organization may or may not have stated that Marrone may or may not have been using Ryan as a smokescreen.

You are entitled to your opinion, friend, but if you are trying to represent something as factual, please back it up with a little more substance.

My sense of the meaning of "attributed" in the above sentence is that a person or persons who may or may not be part of the Bills organization may or may not have stated that Marrone may or may not have been using Ryan as a smokescreen.

You are entitled to your opinion, friend, but if you are trying to represent something as factual, please back it up with a little more substance.

No, the sources claimed the Bills were interested in drafting Nassib and were concerned that other teams might get him first. Which would be a smokescreen, considering they wanted Manuel.

No, the sources claimed the Bills were interested in drafting Nassib and were concerned that other teams might get him first. Which would be a smokescreen, considering they wanted Manuel.

But no direct reference to Marrone as being the source? Think you painted yourself into a corner, friend.:confused:

But no direct reference to Marrone as being the source? Think you painted yourself into a corner, friend.:confused:

No, I didn't. Marrone is the head coach of the team.

How do you know the Bills weren't interested in drafting Nassib? If Manuel had been picked before #16, you know for a fact that the Bills wouldn't have chosen Nassib with one of their picks?

In other words, you are going to believe whatever rumors or innuendo you want...

I hate the bills and would be the first person to cry foul if marrone had actually done something inappropriate in this draft.

Fact is, he didn't... and butthurting cuse fans who drank the media kool aid of Nassib to Buffalo in Round 1 simply had unrealistic expectations that obviously were neither grounded in truth nor fact.

No one says you have to like any of this... but you can't cry foul either just because you simply don't like the outcome.

In other words, you are going to believe whatever rumors or innuendo you want...

I hate the bills and would be the first person to cry foul if marrone had actually done something inappropriate in this draft.

Fact is, he didn't... and butthurting cuse fans who drank the media kool aid of Nassib to Buffalo in Round 1 simply had unrealistic expectations that obviously were neither grounded in truth nor fact.

No one says you have to like any of this... but you can't cry foul either just because you simply don't like the outcome.

BRAVO!

For the record, I think Nassib was drafted around where he should have been and I think being the backup on a good team is the ideal situation for him.

And where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

How do you know the Bills weren't interested in drafting Nassib? If Manuel had been picked before #16, you know for a fact that the Bills wouldn't have chosen Nassib with one of their picks?
You can't have it both ways. You can't say the reports are bogus and then use them as the basis for one of your arguments.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say the reports are bogus and then use them as the basis for one of your arguments.

When did I use any reports for the basis of my argument?

I guess I will never fully get my hands around Marrone's decision to leave SU for the NFL.

My feelings change with every argument I read or every story I hear - I can't figure the situation - I don't know what I know or don't know.

I guess I will never really understand exactly what happened or why it happened.

The fact is though that he did a great job at SU and I'm disappointed that he left.

But that's in the past for me now. I am onboard with Coach Shafer, the new IPF and the ACC!

Full speed ahead with the program moving to a new level starting this fall.

It will be fun! Lets beat those Lions and Tigers!

For the record, I think Nassib was drafted around where he should have been and I think being the backup on a good team is the ideal situation for him.

And where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Sentence 1: Total agreement

Sentence 2: Don't understand? Smoke...fire...BS?

Its time to just forget about Doug, thanks for bringing Syracuse back, good luck in buffalo. We have a new coach and team,Doug is last weeks news.

Post #62.

Again, where are these reports you speak of in my statement above?

Sentence 1: Total agreement

Sentence 2: Don't understand? Smoke...fire...BS?
I think Sal Palantonio(sp?) is credible. He's one of the people who was reporting the Bills' interest in Nassib.

Again, where are these reports you speak of in my statement above?
Best of luck to your team.