Just going to have to travel, not real happy about it but | Syracusefan.com

Just going to have to travel, not real happy about it but

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
What are you going to do, price we pay for getting out of this BS conference, people blaming Gross, I guess I can see some of the venom, but these were pretty strange circumstances. I am sure there were many options pursued and I am sure it wasn't easy

5 home games, at USF, USC, and either Minny or Missouri for Barrel. Probably won't go to the NW game.

Road games are a lot more fun BTW than dome games

Hey, this was certainly better than the alternative (a 2nd FCS team). And as you said, a road game against an SEC team (that's weird to say) is certainly better than a home game against Colgate.

So instead of going to WVU, we go to Mizzou. Sounds like a fair trade.

What are you going to do, price we pay for getting out of this BS conference, people blaming Gross, I guess I can see some of the venom, but these were pretty strange circumstances. I am sure there were many options pursued and I am sure it wasn't easy

5 home games, at USF, USC, and either Minny or Missouri for Barrel. Probably won't go to the NW game.

Love the schedule. Feel bad for season ticket holders, but this year the AD had issues to deal with that it shouldn't in the future.

Normally I only get to 1 or 2 games. This year I should be able to get to 4. And after this year the season ticket holders will have a great home schedule.

And the idea that Gross screwed up is silly. Sometimes you just can't get what you want (a BCS home game). It isn't anyone's fault, its just life.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Chicago has crappy pizza so you're not missing anything.

this year is going to be a wasted year anyway. my insanity will be as reduced as it will ever be this year.

this year is going to be a wasted year anyway. my insanity will as reduced as it will every be this year.

Say it ain't so. This board needs your insanity. I think you just need a healthy dose of spring practice to get you back.

I am sure there were many options pursued and I am sure it wasn't easy
I just get the impression that there was no urgency placed on the matter until it was too late. There was a scheduling issue as soon as TCU bolted. They had 2 dates to fill at that time. There were options out there.

I am really disappointed.

It probably means that it's a buyer's market for those looking to improve their seating.

No, that's not accurate.

Instead of playing at WVU, it's now playing at Mizzou AND playing at TBA*.

* TBA = Temple Banished Athletics

It probably means that it's a buyer's market for those looking to improve their seating.

That's a great point. Even though I love my season tix location, something to keep in mind in case our group wants to expand. Knowing what's coming in 2013 and beyond, buyer's market will be a good thing.

We traded home against TCU, road against WVU (a top 25 and a maybe top 10 according to Phil Steele), for road against Mizzou and road against Temple (a top 25 and an improving program in a venue where there will be plenty of seats available for any SU fan who cares to make the short trip).

Likely 0-2 versus likely 1-1? Did we just find a win?

No, that's not accurate.

Instead of playing at WVU, it's now playing at Mizzou AND playing at TBA*.

* TBA = Temple Banished Athletics

But at least you won't have some guy throwing batteries at you after a close and controversial win or thinking you have a pretty mouth.

Hey, this was certainly better than the alternative (a 2nd FCS team). And as you said, a road game against an SEC team (that's weird to say) is certainly better than a home game against Colgate.

It's a very fair trade and I'm sure we're going to get a very healthy pay check to play there.

But at least you won't have some guy throwing batteries at you after a close and controversial win or thinking you have a pretty mouth.

Hahahaha. You won't have the pretty part in Philly but if the locals feel they got scumbagged there is an 85% chance of battery showers. It'd be 100% if it was a team the city actually fully supported.

only thing where I see we whiffed on is the having to play Temple most likely on the road as opposed to home, it's one game it a much larger picture, people need to get over it, I am a preferred A guy with 3 seasons, as well as a donation to the Orange Club and I am able to deal with it. Those bitching can do so, but the ACC move will be worth it and apparently we all have to suffer just a bit, I am fine with it

only thing where I see we whiffed on is the having to play Temple most likely on the road as opposed to home, it's one game it a much larger picture, people need to get over it, I am a preferred A guy with 3 seasons, as well as a donation to the Orange Club and I am able to deal with it. Those bitching can do so, but the ACC move will be worth it and apparently we all have to suffer just a bit, I am fine with it

Completely agree. The pissed-offness of this board is waaaay over the top. My goodness...we're headed to the ACC, a couple teams jettisoned the Big East (TCU, W Va) like pants off a Kardashian, and people are anti-Gross for a year where there will be five home games in the Dome.

It ain't perfect, but people, Christ...get a little bit of a grip on this one.

PS "Battle for the Apple" is as stupid a marketing campaign for the USC game as one could invent. That, hopefully, will change. (EDIT: Wow...it won't change.)

People complaining about the lack of a home game should get their butts to the Spring Game.

Alsac's point about using basketball to help us negotiate a 6th home game is a point well taken. The fact is, we don't know if they did or not. But if we didn't, the team we should have negotiated with was Temple. That's the team that should have been offered a home basketball game against SU. SU is big in Philly, and with the Nova series soon to end, playing in Philly against Temple, could have been great.

Completely agree. The pissed-offness of this board is waaaay over the top.

PS "Battle for the Apple" is as stupid a marketing campaign for the USC game as one could invent. That, hopefully, will change. (EDIT: Wow...it won't change.)
speaking of over the top

That assumes your rental car doesn't break down between KC and/or St. Louis and Columbia in say a town likie Boonville, Mo. Cue deliverance tune.....

People complaining about the lack of a home game should get their butts to the Spring Game.
Sorry, but I'm not flying up from Atlanta for a Spring game.
Add a 6th home game and I have a better chance of using my season tix.

I understand why Mizzou is going to be away, but why is the Temple game away as well? Shouldn't they have taken TCU's spot which would have been a home game for us? How did we get hosed on that?

Alsac's point about using basketball to help us negotiate a 6th home game is a point well taken. The fact is, we don't know if they did or not. But if we didn't, the team we should have negotiated with was Temple. That's the team that should have been offered a home basketball game against SU. SU is big in Philly, and with the Nova series soon to end, playing in Philly against Temple, could have been great.

Actually, I'm not sure the prospect of having a visiting teams fan base over run your stadium for a game would be that appealing. For Cuse fans yes, for Temple ?.

Shouldn't they have taken TCU's spot which would have been a home game for us? How did we get hosed on that?
Ideally, yes. I believe the NBE will simply claim that they took over WVU's spot.

Ideally, yes. I believe the NBE will simply claim that they took over WVU's spot.

BULL BULL BULL BULL

Hey if it works for a bad ref call, it should fit for a bad scheduling call, too.