Just got gas in VT territory | Syracusefan.com

Just got gas in VT territory

chakka3421

All Conference
Taking a cheap mans driving vacation to Disney, stopped to get gas in VT territory where they were selling VT stuff in the gas station ($3.25 gallon here makes me sick) - Anyway, walked in to pay for soda & non-VT stuff and the woman behind the counter goes "CUUUSE". Forgot I was wearing a "S" hat and I smiled then she said "welcome to the ACC - its about time!" Told her that she just made my whole vacation! Back on the road now with a big smile on my face!

Edit - thinking about it I forgot how nice people are south of the Mason Dixon line! Smile back on my face after listening to SEC, oops I mean ESPN radio!

I just moved from CNY to Virginia Beach for work and I am shocked how knowledgeable the locals are on SU sports (especially bball). If it is possible I am more excited than ever to be in the ACC. Going to be some fun road games down here where we don’t have to fear for our lives like @ss-hats at WVU.

I just moved from CNY to Virginia Beach for work and I am shocked how knowledgeable the locals are on SU sports (especially bball). If it is possible I am more excited than ever to be in the ACC. Going to be some fun road games down here where we don’t have to fear for our lives like @ss-hats at WVU.
My older daughter lives (and pretty much grew up in) VB. Three of her (half-)sisters go/went to VT, so to be fair she roots for VT in football and SU in basketball. Don't worry...as SU regains its prominence in football I'll have her flipped to SU in both.

I have a research plot down near Roanoke and the VT swag is all I see everywhere and on everyone. As for Morgantown, I flaunt my orange gear as often as possible. Ironically, the only issues I've ever had were with the "bro" types from Jersey. There is an astonishingly large number of them at WVU. Rutgirls castoffs and rejects, I'm guessing; I would hate Cuse too. A lot of the locals I talk to in Morgantown seem to have great respect for Cuse football, especially the old timers. One tow-truck driver, an older guy, even assured me that he would never tow my car from Life Sciences as long as I kept the Cuse sticker in the back window "because back when I was a boy they were Alabama".

Actual football games in Morgantown, I understand, are a different story in terms of safety for those wearing orange.

Taking a cheap mans driving vacation to Disney, stopped to get gas in VT territory where they were selling VT stuff in the gas station ($3.25 gallon here makes me sick) - Anyway, walked in to pay for soda & non-VT stuff and the woman behind the counter goes "CUUUSE". Forgot I was wearing a "S" hat and I smiled then she said "welcome to the ACC - its about time!" Told her that she just made my whole vacation! Back on the road now with a big smile on my face!

Edit - thinking about it I forgot how nice people are south of the Mason Dixon line! Smile back on my face after listening to SEC, oops I mean ESPN radio!

that's weird... I usually pass gas in those parts

There are a lot of cuse fans in virginia beach. Tons of upstate transplants, including my family. We would get about 10 or so cuse fans and watch games at the local bar, or someones house. Good times.

The "It's about time" comment is hilarious considering which school threw the monkey wrench into the original (sc)UM/SU/BC expansion plan. :rolling:

However, in my limited interactions with Hokie fans at the ACC-CG and my one roadtrip to Blacksburg, they have been very friendly and outgoing.