Just Holiday Reminiscing | Syracusefan.com

Just Holiday Reminiscing

Cusedad2X

Scout Team
Through the years, Syracuse sports has afforded me the opportunity to love, express emotions and share my affinity for SU with friends, relatives and total strangers.
I miss the days of taking my dad to the Dome. We always had to stop for him to rest. Or, did we really enjoy listening to Eli playing the guitar??? Dad always threw him a tip. The dude knew how to work the crowd...lol

I miss dragging my kids as little ones through the snow, just so they could see Otto... You laugh, but it was all my part of brainwashing them into loving SU.

I miss converting my mother from the most kindest, sweetest and religious person into a full fledged Georgetown hating fan. She wouldn't admit to hating anyone or anything. So, I guess we'll just say I persuaded her to strongly dislike Ewing, Thompson and everything else G-town.

I miss the Big East Tournaments when they meant something. Pearl, Ewing, Mullen, Walter Berry, the 80s were my sweet spot. Yes, I came to enjoy the latter years (shout out to GMac). But we'll never have anything like that again.
I miss sneaking in a six pack in my winter coat while laughing at the Dome security guard checking some sweet young girl's small purse...lol

I miss Clark's Ale House and Dinosaurs before or after the games. Sometimes before and after the games...lol

I almost miss the days of playing Cornell, Canisius and directional schools and expecting SU to toy with scoring over a 100 points. Honestly, I often gave those tickets away ...lol I liked to attend a few of those type games. I didn't fully embrace an entire early season diet of those games.

I miss the pre-game player introductions on tv. "At a guard, a 6 foot soph - a - more from..."). Spelling for emphasis...
I miss Mike Gorman and Al Maguire calling games. "Stephen Thompson with a dunk" still rings w/ Gorman's voice in my head.
I miss listening to away games on the radio. Brad Beerman and Network Control...Whatever that was...lol
I miss checking the mail for the next recruiting magazine. I don't miss spending $$$ on 800 #s trying to get the latest tidbits.

I miss telling the kids it was ok to skip school while dad called in sick to watch the tournament. More bonding brainwashing time...lol

I guess I don't miss sulking for a full week when SU lost. Guys, it comes with aging. I get mad now but it doesn't linger too long.

That's off the top of my head remembering my dad/SU...please feel free to keep adding.
Happy Holidays but please keep winning :)

I have mentioned it before, but I remember holding my not quite one year old son as Kueth grabbed the errant shot and we won the national championship. No win or loss was quite as important once I had children, but that one sure felt great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom