Just some numbers to chew on these past 4 seasons | Syracusefan.com

Just some numbers to chew on these past 4 seasons

Overall record 109-17 (86.5%)
BE record 50-10 (83.3%)
Home record 65-5(92.8%)
True road record 28-5 (84.8%)
Neutral site record 16-7 (69.5%)

Pretty amazing run since the 09-10 season.
yeah but the zone sucks

Melo Center opened September 2009. Coincidence?
I would say NO. Although it didn't affect that year's team, it had to have affected our recruits. And look how many juggernaut classes we've been recruiting since then! I would say Carmelo Anthony has had the most positive impact of any college basketball player on his program since college basketball was invented!

Triche is going to go down as a player with unprecedented numbers next to his name. His winning percentage is still tops for any Boeheim-era player (Orr and Bouie were 100-18, .847).

It's too bad we couldn't eek by Marquette and have the school's longest Sweet Sixteen streak, too.

Triche is going to go down as a player with unprecedented numbers next to his name. His winning percentage is still tops for any Boeheim-era player (Orr and Bouie were 100-18, .847).

It's too bad we couldn't eek by Marquette and have the school's longest Sweet Sixteen streak, too.
That seeding screwed us. How many 3 seeds face the possibility of playing a team in the second round they lost to in the regular season?

Yeah, yeah, I know, we should have won, but that seeding has always stuck in my craw.

BE record 50-10 (83.3%)
Home record 65-5(92.8%)

This is great. I just wish, and this is not to nitpick, that we had at least one Final Four showing during this time.

Otherwise, damn this is great.

We really need a final four showing to solidify the last 5 years of great regular season performances. Like JB says, the only thing anyone remembers happens in March.

We really need a final four showing to solidify the last 5 years of great regular season performances. Like JB says, the only thing anyone remembers happens in March.

bingo. unfortunately ao, fab, and possibly dirty is gonna prevent that from happening. sure would be nice to have 1 of our loaded teams at full strength for the tourny.

Unfortunately, all the regular season success coupled with only one run past the sweet 16 just gives more fodder to Gottlieb and co...

Man, just imagine if we were at full strength each year...JB would have a full trophy case.

That seeding screwed us. How many 3 seeds face the possibility of playing a team in the second round they lost to in the regular season?

Yeah, yeah, I know, we should have won, but that seeding has always stuck in my craw.

Agree. Matching us up in the subregional against a conference-mate when we've got a preferred seed was just wrong. That should never happen.

I've been an SU fan since I decided to go there and a Patriot's fan since 1973.

I am no longer impressed by any regular season stat.

It's all about the playoffs and the dance.

No doubt. If Louisville wins it all this year, do you think they will care about possibly losing 4 straight to the Orange in the regular season? No sir... it don't mean a thing if you aren't cutting down a net somewhere.

Darn good stuff. 2010 still gets to me most. Injuries suck, and that title was low-hanging fruit given the overall field that year. I really want another title for JB before he's gone, and that he didn't get a chance that year for reasons beyond everyone's control still eats at me.

Darn good stuff. 2010 still gets to me most. Injuries suck, and that title was low-hanging fruit given the overall field that year. I really want another title for JB before he's gone, and that he didn't get a chance that year for reasons beyond everyone's control still eats at me.

Would've been nice to see what our great complete 2010 team could have done against the field, but Boeheim and company had a very good chance that season.

After a nice two-game tune-up in Buffalo (no one was talking about Arinze's absence when our offensive juggernaut jumped all over Gonzaga), we just had to play well against Butler and take our chances against Kansas State (after they'd played two overtimes into the wee hours on Thursday night) and Michigan State (without Kalin Lucas). Our guys didn't execute, spotted Butler a huge lead, and that was that.

Rebel

No doubt. If Louisville wins it all this year, do you think they will care about possibly losing 4 straight to the Orange in the regular season? No sir... it don't mean a thing if you aren't cutting down a net somewhere.

"It don't mean a thing if you can't cut that string . . . . " D. Ellington

BE record 50-10 (83.3%)
Home record 65-5(92.8%)

And people want to act like its an advantage for us to play neutral site games as opposed to road games. F them.

They broke the "no playing conference opponents" rule against the Big East that year, to get schools out. They had 2 match ups like ours. There was no need to do it, either. Pure bullshit, IMO.

In my opinion, a second title is essential to JB's legacy at this point. He could use a couple more Final Fours, too, while we're at it. We've had some great teams where the opportunities slipped away. Other coaches (like Calhoun) have punched their tickets with lesser teams. We almost did with Wallace in '96 - but only "almost". Sure, sure, it was the best college team of our era, blah blah blah, but the fact is we were right there in it, and then caught a couple bad breaks (Z Sims' wrist, Wallace fouling out), and it was over and the chance was gone.

In my opinion, a second title is essential to JB's legacy at this point. He could use a couple more Final Fours, too, while we're at it. We've had some great teams where the opportunities slipped away. Other coaches (like Calhoun) have punched their tickets with lesser teams. We almost did with Wallace in '96 - but only "almost". Sure, sure, it was the best college team of our era, blah blah blah, but the fact is we were right there in it, and then caught a couple bad breaks (Z Sims' wrist, Wallace fouling out), and it was over and the chance was gone.

We were a couple of missed FTs away in 1987.

Dammit.