Just some Saturday Am thoughts..."finnese"& "Mouthy" | Syracusefan.com

Just some Saturday Am thoughts..."finnese"& "Mouthy"

Jake

Mod
Loved the quotes from the players about WVU being a mouthy and finesse team. Awesome. Obviously the finesse part was preached all week. Kobena is gonna be a quote machine...not sure I like it, but he was excited post game.

Obviously a great game. Not much more can be said about the performance of the team that hasn't been said below.

Are we going to be the highest ranked BE team in the BCS this week? Not sure - could be close I would think.

I don't think I've ever seen a player progress at the WR position like Graham has. He literally could not catch a cold last fall. He is having a tremendous impact on the offense. He made a veteran move on that quick out, by stepping back toward the field escaping the defender for an extra 20 yards.

The WR's in general stepped up big time. West, Chew and Lemon made circus catches on critical 3rd down plays that kept drives alive. Those were HUGE plays.

Once again, Scott Shafer was brilliant. Not only did we get pressure on WVU, but we got 4-5 clean unblocked hits on Smith. He was using fronts that we hadn't shown all year and the WVU OL didn't have a clear idea what was coming. Awesome.

Also props to Hackett and Marrone for putting together a solid game plan that incorporated a lot of new faces. The RB's in particular played a great game.

Two areas of concern: KO coverage. Can't give teams the 35 yard line every possession...and the cramping. What was up with that?

I don't think I've ever seen a player progress at the WR position like Graham has. He literally could not catch a cold last fall. He is having a tremendous impact on the offense. He made a veteran move on that quick out, by stepping back toward the field escaping the defender for an extra 20 yards.

and the cramping. What was up with that?

i agree with you on Graham, he has firmly placed himself as SU's #1 wideout. i am excited that he has been the one to step up.

as for the cramping, that was ridiculous. they need to start administering IV's on the sideline. Phil Thomas had 2 in a row in the 2nd half.

Loved the quotes from the players about WVU being a mouthy and finesse team. Awesome. Obviously the finesse part was preached all week. Kobena is gonna be a quote machine...not sure I like it, but he was excited post game.

Obviously a great game. Not much more can be said about the performance of the team that hasn't been said below.

Are we going to be the highest ranked BE team in the BCS this week? Not sure - could be close I would think.

The WR's in general stepped up big time. West, Chew and Lemon made circus catches on critical 3rd down plays that kept drives alive. Those were HUGE plays.

Once again, Scott Shafer was brilliant. Not only did we get pressure on WVU, but we got 4-5 clean unblocked hits on Smith. He was using fronts that we hadn't shown all year and the WVU OL didn't have a clear idea what was coming. Awesome.

Also props to Hackett and Marrone for putting together a solid game plan that incorporated a lot of new faces. The RB's in particular played a great game.

Two areas of concern: KO coverage. Can't give teams the 35 yard line every possession...and the cramping. What was up with that?

I know what you mean about Kobena but if he backs it up on the field I'll take some Funky Cold Kobena any day of the week baby! Shafer was brilliant and holy crap is Graham fast!

They have to get the cramping figured out, What.. ivs at half or something better than gatorade... salt tabs anything

They have to get the cramping figured out, What.. ivs at half or something better than gatorade... salt tabs anything
Wonder if the week off had anything to do it? We were asking the same thing around us. Usually it's the opponents cramping all over the field, not us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom