Just some thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts

Has it occurred to you I'm hardly inclined to bend your way on issues like this? It should, because you don't know anything about basketball, you just like to come here and annoy people.

You throw an elbow at me and I will always retaliate. Always.

And you think you know a lot about basketball.

The stats you link seem to show the ONLY thing Battle did better than OSB was score.
Not shoot - score.
Brissett had more boards (6 to 3) & assists (4 to 1).

I was going to say - I don't think this box score helps. OB probably misses every additional free throw, but he could have been to the line, and should have, an easy 3 times off the top of my head. Even Bilas commented on two....if he makes one more shot he's even winning the shooting percentage battle! :)

I'm just arguing the box score usage to prove a point though...not who had a better game. Neither was thrilling me with their play tonight every time down court.

You throw an elbow at me and I will always retaliate. Always.

And you think you know a lot about basketball.

Yeah, because elbows win basketball games. Good. Really good. I'm done here. I'm not going to change, and you're incapable.

I just don't see it with Battle. He doesn't pass the eye test. When I watch him I see a selfish player who passes at last resort. Tries to use flashy moves (spin, euro) but goes no where with it. When I watch Brissett, I see a player who can consistently get to the rim, and although he can't finish sometimes, he makes up for it with his rebounding.

If you were making some argument about potential, I could head down that road with you (maybe).

I think everyone here could name a handful of times where Battle carried this team for stretches, and won a few games for us. Has OB, even once? Kid oozes talent, but is still struggling to put it all together.

If you were making some argument about potential, I could head down that road with you (maybe).

I think everyone here could name a handful of times where Battle carried this team for stretches, and won a few games for us. Has OB, even once? Kid oozes talent, but is still struggling to put it all together.
OB oozes 10x more talent than Battle

OB oozes 10x more talent than Battle

I can live with that argument. You could argue Carey is our most talented player.

But our best player kinda has to be Battle. OB is playing mostly inside, and executes around the rim.....and by executes I mean he's trying to murder the backboard most of the time instead of putting the ball in the circle for two points. He's not all that reliable.

I just don't see it with Battle. He doesn't pass the eye test. When I watch him I see a selfish player who passes at last resort. Tries to use flashy moves (spin, euro) but goes no where with it. When I watch Brissett, I see a player who can consistently get to the rim, and although he can't finish sometimes, he makes up for it with his rebounding.

Battle is a better passer than Brissett though.

What good is getting to the hoop if you can’t finish?

Brissett is a better rebounder than Battle.

If he could shoot and finish better, he might be a better player. But to this point, he can’t.

I can live with that argument. You could argue Carey is our most talented player.

But our best player kinda has to be Battle. OB is playing mostly inside, and executes around the rim...and by executes I mean he's trying to murder the backboard most of the time instead of putting the ball in the circle for two points. He's not all that reliable.
True, you could argue a guy who doesn't play (Carey) has first round nba potential.

Here’s a thought: whatever the announced attendance was? That was tickets sold, not butts in seats. Ticket brokers clearly couldn’t dump enough of their seats
Yup, 324 and 332 corners were way emptier than they were in 2014. Nobody has to defend SU's "tickets scanned" make-believe anymore, tonight answered that once and for all.

It wouldn't have been called intentional, and you know it. Stop being so literal.

He was trying to stop the breakaway. That's how it's accomplished when legit refs are on the floor.
He already had a play like that this year where it was called an intentional foul. That one should have been as well. Fouling from behind to stop a breakaway is the definition of an intentional foul.

On Battle, he's the go-to player and probably best on the team, but that was a brutal performance. Leaders need better body language. Too much head-hanging and arm-flailing from a vet in that role.

- Tyus isn’t our best player. He’s was a no show tonight, complains to the refs, his shot mechanics are beyond messed up. Best players show up in the biggest games and he didn’t. In my eyes OB is the best player on this team.

- For a senior, Frank lacks in-game awareness. (Jalen really should have been out there at the end to push the pace) he cannot get past anyone and bricks 75% of the shots he takes. That bonehead pass Frank made that led to a turnover was the turning point in the game. It baffles me how Frank turned around and complained to the refs instead of chasing the guy down. Really shows what type of player he is, and that’s a moment I won’t forget when it comes to Frank.

- It blows my mind that Chukwu cannot rebound the ball. Bolden out rebounded him and that was the deciding factor of the game. Chukwu shows an inability to jump as seen when he couldn’t tip that alley oop in the first half.

- We couldn’t hit shots in the second half and that’s fine. But the fact they gave us so many chances to crawl back, and we did nothing really frustrates me.
Coach K says you are wrong, and that's why Jones guarded Battle.

- Tyus isn’t our best player. He’s was a no show tonight, complains to the refs, his shot mechanics are beyond messed up. Best players show up in the biggest games and he didn’t. In my eyes OB is the best player on this team.

- For a senior, Frank lacks in-game awareness. (Jalen really should have been out there at the end to push the pace) he cannot get past anyone and bricks 75% of the shots he takes. That bonehead pass Frank made that led to a turnover was the turning point in the game. It baffles me how Frank turned around and complained to the refs instead of chasing the guy down. Really shows what type of player he is, and that’s a moment I won’t forget when it comes to Frank.

- It blows my mind that Chukwu cannot rebound the ball. Bolden out rebounded him and that was the deciding factor of the game. Chukwu shows an inability to jump as seen when he couldn’t tip that alley oop in the first half.

- We couldn’t hit shots in the second half and that’s fine. But the fact they gave us so many chances to crawl back, and we did nothing really frustrates me.
Frank Howard is by far my LEAST favorite Syracuse player ive seen in awhile. He is NOT A PG AT ALL! His assists per game have got to be so bad! Idk what his stats are but just watching him play I know there bad. Hopefully our offense and ball movement will go back to normal next year n im very much looking forward to it

This team goes as it's Big 4 goes. If you get a decent game out of Tyus and company, they win this running away. Extremely disappointing when they let an opportunity slip away. Their biggest lead was five tonight. The inconsistency of this team is something to marvel at.

Tyus can also be a bit of a ball hog at times which frustrates me too.
Actually, I think a big part of Battles problems at times is that he ISN'T enough of a ball hog.

He's our best player. And the fact that you started this thread after he had a somewhat quiet game on a big stage suggests to me that you believe the same thing.

Battle is our best player... maybe that's the problem.

Battle is a shooting guard that isn't that good of a shooter. Which is fine when he is finishing at the rim. He couldn't do that last night.
Brissett is our second best player and is a forward that too often doesn't finish well through contact, allows himself to get pushed away from the basket by smaller players, and sometimes gets too content to shoot threes.

When they showed Coleman and Owens sitting next to each other at the game, I couldn't help but think about how amazing it was to have them as our best two players.

Marek has the best combination of skills, hustle and BBIQ of any player on the team. He should get more minutes.

Frank Howard is by far my LEAST favorite Syracuse player ive seen in awhile. He is NOT A PG AT ALL! His assists per game have got to be so bad! Idk what his stats are but just watching him play I know there bad. Hopefully our offense and ball movement will go back to normal next year n im very much looking forward to it

Thing is, we don’t have a PG better than Howard. That’s not his fault.

Hopefully we will next year.

Some of you “fans” act like this is a pro team.

Frank has played good enough at key times to get the team enough wins to get them into the tourney. That is all that matters right now.

Thing is, we don’t have a PG better than Howard. That’s not his fault.

Hopefully we will next year.

Some of you “fans” act like this is a pro team.
Actually with the exception of HW we don't have a true PG on the team. That is the real issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom