Just some thoughts.. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts..

Buddy shot 35% from 3 as a freshman and 37% as a soph and now has regressed to 30% as a junior. I can't find any rational reason for this, he must just have lost his ability and is now rather below average 3 point shooter. Just admit that it is a convenient tool at this point for you to attack coach Boeheim thru his son. So low.
How about COVID as a rational reason. He has had three lengthy interruptions to practice time and games.

That has been my argument with the down with Boeheim crew, in this thread and several others.
You really need to step away from spouting this “down with boeheim” talking point. That’s just a lazy and convenient canard used to bludgeon those who have a difference of opinion.
IMO, and I stand by it, Buddy plays too many minutes and it doesn’t help the growth or development of younger talented players, to make for a deeper team.
That’s not an outright indictment of JB, or of Buddy as a player. The two can be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Buddy B and Joe G could play 15 years up on the hill and I bet neither guy would average much more than mid 30s from behind the arc.

I agree with most of your points, but MOST teams in college basketball don't have the same talent as they do 15 years ago. The G league and one and done have changed everything. It's pointless trying to compare college basketball today to any other era. There's nobody that has 3-4 year players that end up being NBA draft picks.

You really need to step away from spouting this “down with boeheim” talking point. That’s just a lazy and convenient canard used to bludgeon those who have a difference of opinion.
IMO, and I stand by it, Buddy plays too many minutes and it doesn’t help the growth or development of younger talented players, to make for a deeper team.
That’s not an outright indictment of JB, or of Buddy as a player. The two can be mutually exclusive.
Why do you go thru the effort of creating this disingenuous smokescreen when anyone can see your agenda is to hasten the end of coach Boeheim's career.

Why do you go thru the effort of creating this disingenuous smokescreen when anyone can see your agenda is to hasten the end of coach Boeheim's career.
Oh, i get it now. I see the level that you’re coming at this, so I’ll bow out.
The old adage; “Lay down with dogs, you might get fleas” is applicable here.
Peace out.

I agree with most of your points, but MOST teams in college basketball don't have the same talent as they do 15 years ago. The G league and one and done have changed everything. It's pointless trying to compare college basketball today to any other era. There's nobody that has 3-4 year players that end up being NBA draft picks.

How am I comparing these two to another era? I'm comparing them to this era. They're not great three point shooters despite their proclivity for launching them. Look at Baylor's three point shooters or Alabama's three point shooters. Or Grimes and Sasser on Houston. Those dudes are high volume shooters that make them.

Oh, i get it now. I see the level that you’re coming at this, so I’ll bow out.
The old adage; “Lay down with dogs, you might get fleas” is applicable here.
Peace out.
Excellant, I've already accomplished some good today.

I find it absurd that people look for other reasons for Buddy's shooting dip other than covid. Neither he or the team practiced the 2 weeks before the first game, which he played in. He then was in protocol himself for a couple of weeks and missed those games and practice time. He then returns and plays in several games until the Buffalo game at which point the entire team is shut down for several more games and no practice for 2 weeks. At this point the team has been playing and practicing since the 1st Pitt game, going on 3 weeks. Buddy's shooting, which should revert to closer to 40% from 3, is the last element this team needs to be a very dangerous team. Maybe Monday night at UVA we will see the fruit of coach playing him into shape.

Just a joke - TC Syndrome has never officially been listed a real syndrome.

Buddy's shooting will depend on the defense - struggles with tight M2M, more than capable of lighting up everything else

How am I comparing these two to another era? I'm comparing them to this era. They're not great three point shooters despite their proclivity for launching them. Look at Baylor's three point shooters or Alabama's three point shooters. Or Grimes and Sasser on Houston. Those dudes are high volume shooters that make them.

Ehh with you mostly, but Buddy isn't a 30% 3 point shooter based off his track record and fans are focusing on 10 games this season over the previous 75 games of his career.

Also for whatever reason Syracuse has made good shooters worse as Jake said above. We don't scheme open shots as well as some other schools. It's always been that way.

Don't go away all mad and hurt, just go away.
1611582328861.png

Just a joke - TC Syndrome has never officially been listed a real syndrome.

Buddy's shooting will depend on the defense - struggles with tight M2M, more than capable of lighting up everything else
I think that when Jim feels Buddy is back where he should be, he will sub him out a little more.

I think that when Jim feels Buddy is back where he should be, he will sub him out a little more.

We shall see - I think that would benefit Buddy as well

DVR’d the game and just finished up.

Va Tech is a good matchup for us. No dominant big man and smallish guards. It was clear our game plan was to punish their small back court and attack with the bounce. We will beat this team 7 of 10.

We will have success against teams that can’t punish our smallish front court.

Marek drew what seemed like 10 fouls today. We had a somewhat friendly whistle in the first half especially.

Dear Buddy. No more 12 dribble back down iso fadeaway 12 footers please. It’s a horrible pct play. I know it was probably part of the game plan to post up their little guts, but it’s not what he can do.

Quincy is the most improved player in the league right? He’s climbing the pantheon of post players quickly. His footwork might be top five already. Wallace, Otis Hill, Hak are my top 3 here...Q might be 4...I’m sure I’m leaving a couple out.

Watch the difference in off the ball movement when Kadary is running the point. Players cut because they know they’ll get the ball EXACTLY where they can do the most with it. That kind of feel is rare.

Nice energy by Griffin early. Set the tone. He’s a good player, needs seasoning though.

Not having Sidibe really limits our upside. At some point we’re gonna run into a team with a post presence who will murder us.

I’d love to see 4-8 minutes per game with Kadary Griffin up top, with Q, Marek and Jesse. ...and press. Use up Jesse’s fouls trying to protect the rim.

Gotta throw my man Onuaku into the big man foot work convo. One-on-one in the low post against anyone not named Hasheem Thabeet was usually a win for AO.

Think about this from a logical situation.
Why would he sit somebody when they are back and playing well.
When they play them a lot when they are trying to round back to form?
If they were playing well there would be no reason to play them less.

I wasn’t going to post anymore in this thread because of a poster I respect getting involved but you made it impossible for that happen well done.
This opinion literally makes no sense. The fact is you have killed debate by gaslighting.
Well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom