Just talked to Lowell re Parking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just talked to Lowell re Parking

I think we could also acquire the high ground surrounding the Thornden Park water tower with a small force carrying light arms. Would be an excellent place to position cannons, would open up a new flank from the East and the walk to the Dome is mostly downhill.

Parking in the park is legal, I think. If not, the police could surely be bribed by some of OE's delicious hummus.

Football_under_watertower.jpg

Linkage
Looks like a perfect place to set up mortars. lol (?)

The 4 garages($15) real near the dome are still open=right??? Only a 5/10 min walk to dome!!! Usually get there 2 hours before game no problem. Just wonder around at the bars and stores on Marshall St-before game. Only problem is after game can you remember what level you parked on.

The 4 garages($15) real near the dome are still open=right??? Only a 5/10 min walk to dome!!! Usually get there 2 hours before game no problem. Just wonder around at the bars and stores on Marshall St-before game. Only problem is after game can you remember what level you parked on.
The capitalist in me thinks those go up to $20. When people are paying $30 plus donation to park nearby it only makes sense.

6 hours. Dayem. And you're still able to see the game?
Still have to be responsible! I only speak for myself though and not my whole tailgating party.

But yes, I love fall football Saturdays too much to ruin it by being too drunk to enjoy the game - there is always after for that...

Plus, all the grilled food helps create a good base and you can't forget to hydrate.

Still have to be responsible! I only speak for myself though and not my whole tailgating party.

But yes, I love fall football Saturdays too much to ruin it by being too drunk to enjoy the game - there is always after for that...

Plus, all the grilled food helps create a good base and you can't forget to hydrate.

Agreed...I might get a nice buzz going before the game but never to the point I would be poo-faced. I don't drink beer at the game and let the alcohol wear off as I have a 80 min drive after the game.

Agreed...I might get a nice buzz going before the game but never to the point I would be poo-faced. I don't drink beer at the game and let the alcohol wear off as I have a 80 min drive after the game.
80 minutes? You riding a moped?!

80 minutes? You riding a moped?!

Casa de TejasMarco is 15-17 mins west of the Salmon River Mall...and too many cops around Pulaski. The Oburg guys know what I'm talking bout.

Casa de TejasMarco is 15-17 mins west of the Salmon River Mall...and too many cops around Pulaski. The Oburg guys know what I'm talking bout.

I guess it's just been a while for me, I always remembered making it to the gate an hour after I hit 81. Most of those trips were on my motorcycle tho, and I did end up with a few tickets.

Ahh, ok, good form then. We also have great food at the Fine Mess to help absorb the ETOH.

Definitely a heavy police presence around O'berg, including lots of CBP vehicles hoping for an excuse for a stop and frisk.

I and others still believe one of the major flaws of the SUFB game experience is damn awful tailgating. My in-laws(PSU grads) when I took them to SUFB games just added humorous insults to SU tailgating. Yes PSU is in no-wheresville, but the party is memorable at the very least. Been to a few Southern Uni's for a game and you'll see a huge difference there to. At SU its shoot gun tailgating on the hill. A party here then a block or two and a party there to. Yet empty places all over the place for tailgating spots!! I know for a fact, when you bring a top recruit in for a visit they (PSU for example) will walk them around the game day party scene. Just for the sights and smells!!! On the hill we'd tire out the poor player find spots!! LOL. Come DOC do something to improve the game day experience on the hill!!

Any idea what time the parking staff gets there?

As to the OP, open containers on the bus are a no no and not even worth the time to try. Ive seen multiple folks made to hand their beers off the bus and a few that refused were made to leave the bus. You can take a roadie on your walk to the bus line and finish it before boarding. I usually grab a closed one as well for the walk through the quad after getting off the bus. Anything more than that and you may want a backpack and really that is 2 beers in a half hour max window after however long you spent prior to that tailgaiting so anything more would be excess unless you're sneaking them into the dome.

Yeah I am not talking about drinking on the bus...I am traveling up with my son, but not really anyone else, so am looking to hook up with some of the fellas here to tailgate...happy to park then truck over to Fine some food and drink via the shuttle, as long as it is doable...

I and others still believe one of the major flaws of the SUFB game experience is damn awful tailgating. My in-laws(PSU grads) when I took them to SUFB games just added humorous insults to SU tailgating. Yes PSU is in no-wheresville, but the party is memorable at the very least. Been to a few Southern Uni's for a game and you'll see a huge difference there to. At SU its shoot gun tailgating on the hill. A party here then a block or two and a party there to. Yet empty places all over the place for tailgating spots!! I know for a fact, when you bring a top recruit in for a visit they (PSU for example) will walk them around the game day party scene. Just for the sights and smells!!! On the hill we'd tire out the poor player find spots!! LOL. Come DOC do something to improve the game day experience on the hill!!
Oh Shi*. I thought you were banned.

Yeah I am not talking about drinking on the bus...I am traveling up with my son, but not really anyone else, so am looking to hook up with some of the fellas here to tailgate...happy to park then truck over to Fine some food and drink via the shuttle, as long as it is doable...

How old is your son? You can just catch up with folks in Skytop as well is you want. My son is 12 and will likely be at a few games this year so feel free to come say hi. We'll be the ones kicking a soccer ball around with my cousin and his wife and I'll have a beer in my hand and a few extras in the cooler (and soda's for the kids) for you if you'd like.

How old is your son? You can just catch up with folks in Skytop as well is you want. My son is 12 and will likely be at a few games this year so feel free to come say hi. We'll be the ones kicking a soccer ball around with my cousin and his wife and I'll have a beer in my hand and a few extras in the cooler (and soda's for the kids) for you if you'd like.

Thats cool... if we can get our own mini tailgate going at Skytop all the better...:)

Son is going to be 9, although may bring the 6 year old (the soccer player) to a game or two as well...also, may bring a buddy once or twice, and may come alone once or twice...really just going to see is avail for that 2nd seat as it develops...

Thats cool... if we can get our own mini tailgate going at Skytop all the better...:)

Son is going to be 9, although may bring the 6 year old (the soccer player) to a game or two as well...also, may bring a buddy once or twice, and may come alone once or twice...really just going to see is avail for that 2nd seat as it develops...

Seating shouldn't be an issue unless your are in prefered seating. Worst case scenario you get an extra to get in the door and make room in your seats or move your whole crew to an empty section. Likely a few games this year that may not work for though but upper corners almost always have room.

I have fun talking to opposing teams fans on the bus ride in and in line on the way back out as well. Spent some time talking to Ray Graham's uncle after the Pitt game last year and found out he's also Khaseem Greene's uncle. Had no idea he was anything but a Pitt fan until we got talking for a bit. NW fans were cool a few years ago as well. WVU fans not as much.

Seating shouldn't be an issue unless your are in prefered seating. Worst case scenario you get an extra to get in the door and make room in your seats or move your whole crew to an empty section. Likely a few games this year that may not work for though but upper corners almost always have room.

I have fun talking to opposing teams fans on the bus ride in and in line on the way back out as well. Spent some time talking to Ray Graham's uncle after the Pitt game last year and found out he's also Khaseem Greene's uncle. Had no idea he was anything but a Pitt fan until we got talking for a bit. NW fans were cool a few years ago as well. WVU fans not as much.

No, I have 2 seats...right on the 50, 3rd deck...saying that the 2nd seat I wont be using will rotate among whomever is avail among family or friends...or possibly go unused if no one wants to make the 4 hour drive

Just drove through Oburg today cops and border patrol all over the place

I usually park on the street and it's about two blocks from the fine lot,uphill to start the day.Sometimes the king lot is open for $5.00 and never had issues with anybody in the neighborhood at night games.

All that is true...but with your help we can start to create a few lots know for tailgating. I suggested to SU they designate several lots as tailgate friendly...with some added amenities. We see that went no where. All we can do is make our parking lots tailgate havens. Which lot do you park in?

All that is true...but with your help we can start to create a few lots know for tailgating. I suggested to SU they designate several lots as tailgate friendly...with some added amenities. We see that went no where. All we can do is make our parking lots tailgate havens. Which lot do you park in?
I really don't any more!!! Its just a pain compared to other sites. They make it easier for fans to tailgate.

I really don't any more!!! Its just a pain compared to other sites. They make it easier for fans to tailgate.
Then there's the problem. Stop asking for sometime else to make your life better and make it yourself.

We park on freaking skytop and have a great time because we make it that way.