Class of 2017 - K Jeff Chan (HI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE PWO | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 K Jeff Chan (HI) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE PWO

He is just a walkon. It's not like we snagged a kid with half a dozen Pac 12 offers.
I don't know. I think getting a kid to commit to a school that far from home is an accomplishment in recruiting, walk on or not. Plus I don't think most programs, but I may be wrong, use their scholarships on Kickers and Punters.

I don't know. I think getting a kid to commit to a school that far from home is an accomplishment in recruiting, walk on or not. Plus I don't think most programs, but I may be wrong, use their scholarships on Kickers and Punters.

Generally speaking, the bigger programs don't use scholarships on kickers, punters and dedicated longsnappers. I see both sides of the argument: making kickers and punters walk on and win the starting job and a scholarship has its merits. On the other hand, one of the reasons SU was able to get Hofrichter was that we offered him a scholarship. Tennessee wanted him as a walkon. If SU also wanted him to walk on, he'd probably be in Knoxville right now.

I like the idea of making a kicker or punter earn his scholarship after getting on campus. SEC style.

Trust me Syracuse is looking at offering scholarships Kickers, problem is none are biting atm...

Trust me Syracuse is looking at offering scholarships Kickers, problem is none are biting atm...
Not for 2017. And if they can pick up a 2017 pwo who turns out to be what they need then they don't necessarily have to offer one in 2018.

Which is mind boggling. Kicking in a dome 7 games a year.

RS him this year and if he gets it we got our next scholarship kicker for 4 years.

Hopefully Murphy can clean up the miss kicks especially XPs and can be solid for the year.

Not for 2017. And if they can pick up a 2017 pwo who turns out to be what they need then they don't necessarily have to offer one in 2018.

Yes for 2018.

Yes for 2018.
Yes. I know they have put out offers for 2018 but that doesn't mean they have to continue to extend them if Chan turns out to be what they need.

Yes. I know they have put out offers for 2018 but that doesn't mean they have to continue to extend them if Chan turns out to be what they need.

True and like I said none are biting which possibly lead to the new PWO kicker who knows.

I am all in on spending time in hawaii to get a walk on kicker

That's how you compete with the Alabama's and Clemson's and FSU's of the world! :p

Jeff, Welcome to the Syracuse Football family. Go Orange!

Jeff ChanPot5qmKR.jpg

That's how you compete with the Alabama's and Clemson's and FSU's of the world! :p

Remember just this past Jan/Feb, Alabama swooped in stole the kicker from Georgia from us when they offered him a last minute scholly

All I want to know is if he can kick off through the end zone on a regular basis.

All I want to know is if he can kick off through the end zone on a regular basis.
Most NFL kickers can't do that on a consistent basis.

Teams are trying to pin inside the 5 anyways now.

Most NFL kickers can't do that on a consistent basis.

Teams are trying to pin inside the 5 anyways now.
I want olindo mare every year. I would suggest teams who can't cover kick-offs not use strategy on trying to pin

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom