Class of 2023 - K/P Jadyn Oh (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/21/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 K/P Jadyn Oh (VA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/21/23)

We’re going with the All Kickers, All The Time lineups this year.

Your name's Jadyn? Automatic take for this staff.

EC16693A-C988-4ED9-A3F1-69B15AA3414A.gif

This scares me a bit to be honest. Are they looking for a solution to a problem? A placekicking issue this year would be a kick between the legs.

Well SU Dad said Williams is gone so gotta keep 17 kickers/punters on the roster!

I assume Dino and Coach Lig may be concerned a bit with our placekickers, I think they feel pretty damn good about the transfer punter
The kicker has a cannon but is he accurate

This scares me a bit to be honest. Are they looking for a solution to a problem? A placekicking issue this year would be a kick between the legs.
Don’t think so, Dino Babers in the spring was saying there was a kicker impressing everyone and I’d assume that was Denaburg, unless he had a big drop off from spring to summer I think the staff is high on him.

Don’t think so, Dino Babers in the spring was saying there was a kicker impressing everyone and I’d assume that was Denaburg, unless he had a big drop off from spring to summer I think the staff is high on him.

Denaburg has a leg, but he has a tendency to spray FGs.

I can see him as the KO guy. Maybe let him try a 60 yard FG if there are no other options.

Stonehouse will probably end up as the P.

Someone has to step up to replace Szmyt for XPs/FGs.

Denaburg has a leg, but he has a tendency to spray FGs.

I can see him as the KO guy. Maybe let him try a 60 yard FG if there are no other options.

Stonehouse will probably end up as the P.

Someone has to step up to replace Szmyt for XPs/FGs.
Who do you think was impressing during spring camp?

Who do you think was impressing during spring camp?
I think it was Denaburg but he didn’t show well in the spring “game”. We’ve heard a lot about guys impressing over the years only to have then underperform under the lights. If this is the case for the kicker, I might be more concerned about this than any position on the team. Just speculation of course, but it would be majorly concerning if we couldn’t get consistently of out that spot.

I think it was Denaburg but he didn’t show well in the spring “game”. We’ve heard a lot about guys impressing over the years only to have then underperform under the lights. If this is the case for the kicker, I might be more concerned about this than any position on the team. Just speculation of course, but it would be majorly concerning if we couldn’t get consistently of out that spot.
Agreed. Outside of his JR year Andre was rock solid for us, having a reliable kicker can’t be overlooked. Hopefully Denaburg can get his accuracy under control.

COMMITTED TO SU 7/21/23 JAYDN OH 2023 CHANTILLLY HS, CHANTILLY, VA
#9/22 6' 0" 150 K/P
15742065_97d5cbf2764b403581567b87f591c5d3.jpg

*IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE HAVE A KICKER WHO ON KICK OFFS CAN CONSISTENTLY PUT THE BALL OUT OF THE REACH OF RECEIVERS INTO THE END ZONE. THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM AND WE DO NOT WANT IT TO BE

COACH LIG HAS FOUND IN JAYDN, SOMEONE WITH A VERY POWERFUL LEG WHO CAN DO THAT.

HIS SIZE SHOULDN'T BOTHER YOU. I HAVE A GRANDSON WHO WAS/IS THE RECORD HOLDER FOR PAT'S ON THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM IN STEUBENVILLE OH WITH A RECORD 67 CONSECUTIVE PATS AND HE WAS 5' 8" 145. IT'S ALL IN THE TECHNIQUE< APPROACH AND FOLLOW THROUGH.

WE DO NOT WANT ANYONE RUNNING BACK KICK OFF'S - IN HIS FILM THE RECEIVERS JUST ANTICIPATE A KICK INTO THE END ZONE AND SAUNTER AWAY.

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM

36 YD FG
73 YD TB
61 YD PUNT
72 YD TB
73 YD TB
70 YD TB
52 YD PUNT
70 YD TB
25 YD FG
50 YD PUNT
66 YD TB
47 YD PUNT
65 YD TB
65 YD TB
75 YD TB

EDIT 7/24/23 - 69.9 AVERAGE ON KO'S

VERY CONSISTENT AND AN ASSET TO SU FOOTBALL, IMO.

Last edited:
The kicker has a cannon but is he accurate
I agree. Looks like he has a strong leg and could possibly help us on kickoffs right now.

Could not find any stats on Oh regarding his accuracy kicking FGs in HS. His grades at the kicking school seem to indicate he could be better here.

Denaburg also has a strong leg but his accuracy might improve if he is able to focus exclusively on placekicking.

I don't think we can afford to have more than one placekicker and one punter on scholarship at any given time. Are only scholarship athletes allowed to get NIL? It would be nice to be able to give a walk on making regular contributions some help with tuition even if they are not on full scholarship.

At the least, it is good to have some options here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom