Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond in the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite how good of a player he is, Kadary looked miserable the entire year. Like he never wanted to be here to begin with. Never saw the kid happy or get up for his teammates. Dude was a good player but lets relax, he wasnt taking us to the holy land. We have bigger holes to fill
no, we literally don’t.
we needed a pg who could play with buddy and help him defend
Its by far the biggest hole

Slater rarely misses with his predictions/insights. Arguably the most plugged in guy in the recruiting industry. Should take this as Kadary is heading to Florida, which makes sense given Tre Mann is going to the NBA, Noah Locke is transferring, and they don't have any freshman true point guards coming in. Easier to swallow than going to UK or FSU, and I can't really blame Kadary for going there if he's given keys to the car. Good spot for him if true.

Edit: Kyle Tucker (UK beat writer for The Athletic) commented "Ha! Perfect GIF." All signs pointing to the Gators.

Generally a JB defender, but hard to claim it doesn't have anything to do with JB. His old school screaming style might be what some kids like/need, but many don't respond to (or deserve) that type of treatment.

Of course there is a fine line between pushing a kid to succeed and pushing them too far. JB seems to go over that line a lot. Losing Kadary hurts. Wonder if the easier ability to transfer might make JB (and other coaches) start to treat players better (though I won't hold my breath).
I don't think that had anything to do here. I think that playing an inferior player and defending it over and over and over is the clear issue and it is/was clear for months.

Despite how good of a player he is, Kadary looked miserable the entire year. Like he never wanted to be here to begin with. Never saw the kid happy or get up for his teammates. Dude was a good player but lets relax, he wasnt taking us to the holy land. We have bigger holes to fill
Maybe he was kicking another players ass in practice every day and had to sit his ass on the bench watching him suck on the floor and it made him miserable?

Alsacs, you know I didn't want to be right on this. Or the others. My worry isn't about the people leaving however. We can get the better end of the deal (I Know fans of Kadary don't believe that) but we can. My worry is that we won't pound the portal as hard as we can. There are great kids in the portal that we should be in contention for. I hope we are working to do something about that.
That's my concern too. It's going to fall on the assistants to do the hard work and if JB isn't pushing for a transfer, why would they come? There's a reason the recruiting has fallen off since Hopkins left.

Generally a JB defender, but hard to claim it doesn't have anything to do with JB. His old school screaming style might be what some kids like/need, but many don't respond to (or deserve) that type of treatment.

Of course there is a fine line between pushing a kid to succeed and pushing them too far. JB seems to go over that line a lot. Losing Kadary hurts. Wonder if the easier ability to transfer might make JB (and other coaches) start to treat players better (though I won't hold my breath).
I don’t think JB really cares. If a kid doesn’t want to be coached he won’t play and most likely won’t be on the team next year. Generally players defend JB and his coaching style when they leave and realize he was just pushing them and wanting to win.

Alsacs, you know I didn't want to be right on this. Or the others. My worry isn't about the people leaving however. We can get the better end of the deal (I Know fans of Kadary don't believe that) but we can. My worry is that we won't pound the portal as hard as we can. There are great kids in the portal that we should be in contention for. I hope we are working to do something about that.

Who will come here to make this a better deal for us?

Joe is starting. Game over.

Maybe Symir will sign up to sit behind his friends. who else is gonna>?
I'd take Symir.

He doesn't solve our big guard problem.

I'm sure it's a huge longshot, but I wonder if we can get Copeland to reclassify to 2021.

ummm...this is exactly wrong in every way.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks

I was stuck on West Broadway, what I miss? :)
kpjwhp-04movzohan5large.jpg

My issue is, if that quote is true and kadary wouldn’t start, what guard would come who is good enough to start? And if they aren’t starting, they probably aren’t impactful enough overall anyway and the overall situation still isn’t ideal.

FWIW. got the text message this morning on this. Kadary wanted the starting spot and JB wouldn't promise or give it to him. Tried to sell him on the Dion role but Kadary wasn't having it. One of our assistants are EXTREMELY upset, to the point of I wouldn't be surprised they dip this summer if given offered a job. He also has folks close to him saying that every program will be after you (listening to the internet gush over him). We'll see what happens. Sucks
This is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors