Kaiser the new afternoon show on WFAN is so bad I feel for New Yorkers | Syracusefan.com

Kaiser the new afternoon show on WFAN is so bad I feel for New Yorkers

Alsacs

Living Legend
OMG Carlin, Gray, and Scott are awful.

Carlin has the most fake radio voice ever. People don’t talk like that.
Scott is actually the only person acting like his true self. He isn’t interesting though.
Maggie Gray is afraid and knows she is on the big stage.
You can’t make a show all about guests or people will tune out fast.

My god to go from Francesa to this garbage is unbelievable.
The program director has to go for this.
Michael Kay is going to destroy these clowns.

Wow this show is so cookie cutter. I give it till June.
Then Evan and Joe will fill in till they retool.

Scott is actually the only person acting like his true self. He isn’t interesting though.

This is just the kind of garbage, cookie cutter, uninteresting, unintelligent, radio...that all the stupid Fluckin idiots like.

It plays well in dumb cities and towns, doesn’t work here.

I watched Jim Rome yesterday while home because of the snow, he was good.

Hell, Tiki and Tierney were too...compared to them.

Its beyond brutal, its almost as if Wfan said "We hate our listeners, lets try to come up with the worst possible show we can come up with".

I can't stand Kay, but I have never been so happy to hear his voice, its a huge upgrade over the nonsense wfan has on.

This is just the kind of garbage, cookie cutter, uninteresting, unintelligent, radio...that all the stupid Fluckin idiots like.

It plays well in dumb cities and towns, doesn’t work here.

I watched Jim Rome yesterday while home because of the snow, he was good.

Hell, Tiki and Tierney were too...compared to them.
This is your afternoon show.
My god I feel for NYers.

This is your afternoon show.
My god I feel for NYers.
Forced comradere is the worst.

That’s what the Michael Kay Show is, only they also have made up, forced rants.

Da Pope can go on the air and sleep for 4 hours and I’d rather listen to that.

People who didn’t like Mike have got to be the dumbest people on the planet. He can’t come back and do something fast enough.

People who didn’t like Mike have got to be the dumbest people on the planet. He can’t come back and do something fast enough.

That blowhard can stay retired, he's a piece of

The Defense rests...

Au5tIEG.gif

Dumb guy on the planet reporting for duty. ;)

No offense but I feel that people that only listen to WFAN are just now emerging from the Dark Ages.

Dumb guy on the planet reporting for duty. ;)

No offense but I feel that people that only listen to WFAN are just now emerging from the Dark Ages.
Serious question...why??

I like my local sports teams so I want to hear and talk about them. They also get the biggest names when there’s a national story. They aren’t ESPN guys interviewing...ESPN guys.

Mike was great with fringe stuff like the golf, NCAA tourney and horse racing.

They will go full on the NFL despite the locals being out of it, but also give me up to the second stuff on the Giants etc.

I listen to satellite periodically, but it’s all no opinion radio.

No opinion radio blows.

Sad pathetic people who don’t like their feelings hurt, go to no opinion radio to feel good about themselves.

Serious question...why??

I like my local sports teams so I want to hear and talk about them. They also get the biggest names when there’s a national story. They aren’t ESPN guys interviewing...ESPN guys.

They will go full on the NFL despite the locals being out of it, but also give me up to the second stuff on the Giants etc.

No opinion radio blows.

Sad pathetic people who don’t like their feelings hurt, go to no opinion radio to feel good about themselves.
Cookie cutter safe sports radio for a Northeast market is stupid.

This show wouldn’t happen in Boston. It would be done.
Boston radio is the hosts trolling the fans saying how the teams suck and aren’t good enough. Cookie cutter crap wouldn’t fly. Guests can’t carry a show they are only if their news is current.

Boston radio is the hosts trolling the fans saying how the teams suck and aren’t good enough. Cookie cutter crap wouldn’t fly. Guests can’t carry a show they are only if their news is current.
You can basically see how it all went down at WFAN now...

After Carton got arrested it was chaos. But then Boomer upped his game and Recco was awesome as the de facto #2 and with Phil Simms joining often, it kept it fresh and #1. Gio is good, mornings are fine.

Once they saw mornings were going to pass they went back to main plan which was to add an hour to Evan & Joe which is just making sure folks are keeping an extra hour on 66 for sure and then try something different for afternoons. Then Chris Simms (who is very good) and Kim Jones both said...no thank you...we got Carlin and this mess. I think the weak link is Scott, they have to move him out...and fast.

And since we all know Joe is going to retire soon and this CMB show will fail...Evan will be ready for the Afternoon Drive. ...and they can promote the hell out of that. Who knows, maybe even with Syracuse boy John Jastremski.

I’ve also grown to like Adam Schein, but it’s clear he wants to be a studio host.

Serious question...why??

No opinion radio blows.

WFAN sucks in comparison to satellite imo for so many reasons.

Reception far better with satellite. Constant barrage of ads on FAN, at least double the amount that happens on Sirius XM. 20/20 updates- what the heck is that? In this era of constant flow of info these updates are just segues into more ads - completely useless. On satellite there are two ESPN channels plus College Sports Nation (now ESPNU) does a great job with college football and hoops. Fox Sports radio is solid with Cowherd, Gottlieb. Mad Dog Radio with Russo and some other decent hosts (Schein). A Fantasy Sports channel for those into that sort of thing. NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL each have their own channels. Speaking of golf there is a PGA channel. Barstool Sports has a channel for those that like to listen to obnoxious punks. There are at least a dozen sports channels.

I get the NY angle but the rest is overwhelming in favor of Sirius XM.

WFAN sucks in comparison to satellite imo for so many reasons.

Reception far better with satellite. Constant barrage of ads on FAN, at least double the amount that happens on Sirius XM. 20/20 updates- what the heck is that? In this era of constant flow of info these updates are just segues into more ads - completely useless. On satellite there are two ESPN channels plus College Sports Nation (now ESPNU) does a great job with college football and hoops. Fox Sports radio is solid with Cowherd, Gottlieb. Mad Dog Radio with Russo and some other decent hosts (Schein). A Fantasy Sports channel for those into that sort of thing. NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL each have their own channels. Speaking of golf there is a PGA channel. Barstool Sports has a channel for those that like to listen to obnoxious punks. There are at least a dozen sports channels.

I’m local, so I listen on FM 101.9...crystal clear.

What u just described is information radio.

On a national level too.

Barstool, can’t do it right. Being obnoxious and just ranting to rant...well, That’s not the idea. One could make the argument that Francesa helped get McAdoo fired...he got Piazza to the Mets...that’s pull.

Information radio is fine, I get it.

But it’s just that, information and talk.

No opinions.

And the 20/20 is gone.

On a national level too.

Barstool, can’t do it right. Being obnoxious and just ranting to rant...well, That’s not the idea. One could make the argument that Francesa helped get McAdoo fired...he got Piazza to the Mets...that’s pull.

No opinions.

And the 20/20 is gone.

Not sure I get the opinion angle. You don't think Russo, Cowherd, Gottlieb, Schein et al have opinions?

On a national level too.

No opinions.

And the 20/20 is gone.

20/20 may be gone but I'm sure they still pollute the airwaves with tons of commercials like 1-800 cars for kids. Btw what does the Mink Man do now that they don't do 20/20's anymore? Does he get the Sports Pope's slippers in the morning?

20/20 may be gone but I'm sure they still pollute the airwaves with tons of commercials like 1-800 cars for kids. Btw what does the Mink Man do now that they don't do 20/20's anymore? Does he get the Sports Pope's slippers in the morning?
Funny on the MinkMan. His son called into Boomer this AM, he’s ‘LittleMink’ Boomer knew and played it right...and Gio didn’t know who he was, it was good radio.

And those guys have their made for radio opinions and don’t take enough callers.

Unless a guest was on, Big Mike probably took 30 callers an hour.

Funny on the MinkMan. His son called into Boomer this AM, he’s ‘LittleMink’ Boomer knew and played it right...and Gio didn’t know who he was, it was good radio.

And those guys have their made for radio opinions and don’t take enough callers.

Unless a guest was on, Big Mike probably took 30 callers an hour.

Not sure taking some of those mouth breathing callers is riveting radio but if you like that stuff then Russo and Schein take plenty of callers.

One of the big reasons that NY sports talk radio has to be different than everywhere else is because of the rivalry within. It's not just Yankees vs the Red Sox, etc. It's Yankees vs the Mets. The Giants vs the Jets. The Mets, Jets, Nets, Islander, Devil fans have always had a chip on their shoulder vs the established city dwelling team. It was like that 65 years ago before sports talk. Guys would sit on their stoop and debate Mickey vs Willie vs the Duke. Dodgers and Giants fans were always 2nd in line. Can you imagine what it was like when the Giants finally won in 1954 and the Brooklyn Dodgers finally won in 1955. How did Casey Stengel keep his job. I'm sure Yankees fans wanted him canned.

Real NY fans could care less about national news. That's why college football was never big in NY. Francesa was a New Yorker, who grew up in the golden age, talked like a New Yorker and thought like a New Yorker and was a big fan of the two most popular and successful franchises in New York. That's why he was so popular with New Yorkers.

One of the big reasons that NY sports talk radio has to be different than everywhere else is because of the rivalry within. It's not just Yankees vs the Red Sox, etc. It's Yankees vs the Mets. The Giants vs the Jets. The Mets, Jets, Nets, Islander, Devil fans have always had a chip on their shoulder vs the established city dwelling team. It was like that 65 years ago before sports talk. Guys would sit on their stoop and debate Mickey vs Willie vs the Duke. Dodgers and Giants fans were always 2nd in line. Can you imagine what it was like when the Giants finally won in 1954 and the Brooklyn Dodgers finally won in 1955. How did Casey Stengel keep his job. I'm sure Yankees fans wanted him canned.

Real NY fans could care less about national news. That's why college football was never big in NY. Francesa was a New Yorker, who grew up in the golden age, talked like a New Yorker and thought like a New Yorker and was a big fan of the two most popular and successful franchises in New York. That's why he was so popular with New Yorkers.

And like me, he knew nothing about nor could care less about hockey. Francesa is a very polarizing figure. He had plenty of supporters and numerous detractors. Personally I know a lot more detractors than supporters but on this board he certainly has staunch supporters.

And like me, he knew nothing about nor could care less about hockey. Francesa is a very polarizing figure. He had plenty of supporters and numerous detractors. Personally I know a lot more detractors than supporters but on this board he certainly has staunch supporters.
Mike knew how to ignore hockey and how to somehow keep Torts, AV, Messier, Graves, Micheletti, Piere McGuire, Lamorello and bunch of other Devil players...regulars.

Mike knew how to ignore hockey and how to somehow keep Torts, AV, Messier, Graves, Micheletti, Piere McGuire, Lamorello and bunch of other Devil players...regulars.
Is their anything more boring than daily hockey talk?
I mean you can have a beat writer for a segment but the sport doesn’t draw itself to sports radio discussion.
The hockey fanbases South of the border aren’t the biggest in each market.
Francesa was a treasure and he did 5.5 hours a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom