Kaiser the new afternoon show on WFAN is so bad I feel for New Yorkers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaiser the new afternoon show on WFAN is so bad I feel for New Yorkers

Is their anything more boring than daily hockey talk?
I mean you can have a beat writer for a segment but the sport doesn’t draw itself to sports radio discussion.
The hockey fanbases South of the border aren’t the biggest in each market.
Francesa was a treasure and he did 5.5 hours a day.
Exactly, if something was happening sports wise, he had all these guys in his Rolodex who would be lining up to come on.

NYR go on a 10 game streak in Jan, AV is on.

Make a wish time...Graves, for that and hockey.

Start of the year...all coaches, playoffs??...daily segments.

Same with say college hoop. It wouldn’t talk about daily, not worth, it but Jay Wright is on often. Mullen a few times a year, all the local guys usually 1x. He follows it and in March, no better radio.

He will be missed, hell he already is.

This is just the kind of garbage, cookie cutter, uninteresting, unintelligent, radio...that all the stupid Fluckin idiots like.

It plays well in dumb cities and towns, doesn’t work here.

I watched Jim Rome yesterday while home because of the snow, he was good.

Hell, Tiki and Tierney were too...compared to them.

Reminds me of when 92.3 Krock went from Stern to David Lee Roth in 2006

Following hockey is part of his job. there is no excuse for a radio sports guy not to follow all 4 major sports.

Following hockey is part of his job. there is no excuse for a radio sports guy not to follow all 4 major sports.
Which is why, as I explained...he did.

But only through season start till the locals were out.

Love the Rangers, don’t care to talk hockey in May or June unless they are in it.

Now excuse me as the nba is giving this game to the Mavericks

Mike was, and is, the king.

I haven't listened to the new show, but just based on twitter, it seems like they're trying so hard to be relevant. They were trying to get #bbtonyg trend on twitter, there was some other stupid debate last week I can't remember now that they were trying to promote on twitter. Just very forced.

And come on, who wouldn't wan to hear Mike try and pronounce the Bama QB's name? Guaranteed would just be "da kid" all afternoon.

Mike was, and is, the king.

I haven't listened to the new show, but just based on twitter, it seems like they're trying so hard to be relevant. They were trying to get #bbtonyg trend on twitter, there was some other stupid debate last week I can't remember now that they were trying to promote on twitter. Just very forced.

And come on, who wouldn't wan to hear Mike try and pronounce the Bama QB's name? Guaranteed would just be "da kid" all afternoon.
People here tell us they just love safe, boring, forced, unfunny, uninteresting...radio. I’m sure they’ll do fine...

Funny and true on the pronunciation and ‘kid’...I’ll put Dog in today just hear him butcher it all show.

People here tell us they just love safe, boring, forced, unfunny, uninteresting...radio. I’m sure they’ll do fine...

Funny and true on the pronunciation and ‘kid’...I’ll put Dog in today just hear him butcher it all show.
That afternoon show on FAN is embrassing to NY sports fan.
Carlin should be the most ashamed. He was a producer for M&M.

While they can’t and shouldn’t copy Da Pope, there’s certain things Carlin should know...like you have to do at least an hour plus on baseball everyday. The locals are out of it, we get it’s he NFL playoffs, but enough...if he Giants were on a run, Mike would just say...’guys, no baseball calls. We will do some on Wednesday’. As Monday-Tuesday would be breaking down the last game and Thursday-Friday would be looking ahead. But right now we are about 35 Days from pitchers and catchers and TMKS will be all over it.

They can’t turn a switch on, we need to know how baseball will go with them now.

While they can’t and shouldn’t copy Da Pope, there’s certain things Carlin should know...like you have to do at least an hour plus on baseball everyday. The locals are out of it, we get it’s he NFL playoffs, but enough...if he Giants were on a run, Mike would just say...’guys, no baseball calls. We will do some on Wednesday’. As Monday-Tuesday would be breaking down the last game and Thursday-Friday would be looking ahead. But right now we are about 35 Days from pitchers and catchers and TMKS will be all over it.

They can’t turn a switch on, we need to know how baseball will go with them now.

And of course Friday would be reserved for Mike making his "do the opposite of me if you want to make money" NFL picks. ;)

I only read this on twitter, so I can't say 100% it's true, but I read that Scott told Carlin on air he doesn't like baseball. Gonna be a rough summer for you Bart.

This show is so bad I can’t get enough of this.

Gave it a good listen today, lot of baseball and the Giants.

They starting to get it.

I just don’t feel like I’m listening to the Fan.

They starting to get it.

It’s like listening to a National show about NY sports.
The 3 have forced awful chemistry.
I can’t believe Carlin hosted a show in Philadelphia it had to be awful.
His voice is so fake.
They want Maggie to be the star.
Bart Scott just doesn’t get it.

It’s like listening to a National show about NY sports.
The 3 have forced awful chemistry.
I can’t believe Carlin hosted a show in Philadelphia it had to be awful.
His voice is so fake.
They want Maggie to be the star.
Bart Scott just doesn’t get it.
Your 1st line is spot on.

I like when Giannotti makes fun of Carlin in the AM.

Scott as the clown, won’t make it.

And I don’t think he cares.

When this show is Evan, Maggie and Chris Simms as the clown...it will be good.

They starting to get it.

I listened to it yesterday for the first time.

They were interviewing Mullin.

Maggie actually asked a couple really interesting questions, like the one about what is the first thing Mullin and Ewing reminisce about when they get together (the Olympics and not Georgetown-St. John's was the answer). But a lot of the questions felt forced.

With Francesca, everything just flowed...sometimes you'd forget it was an interview because his interviews ended up sounding like two guys talking sports...I'd pull out of port authority parking lot into Lincoln Tunnel, start listening to the interview and would get lost in it...when it was over I'd almost wake up and be like, "Where am I? Oh, yeah..rte 17 or 3 or 80 or parkway or wherever I was at the time...

Its not his fault hes awful at what he does, its the people who hired him.

I only read this on twitter, so I can't say 100% it's true, but I read that Scott told Carlin on air he doesn't like baseball. Gonna be a rough summer for you Bart.

Can't wait for Bart to break down the different Yankee lineup possibilities for 5 hours a day come feb.

Cashman on today at the open at 2.

Yea, just listened to Bart Scott try and talk baseball, he really just has no clue. Then goes on to lie saying he likes watching, and knows about baseball.

Yea, just listened to Bart Scott try and talk baseball, he really just has no clue. Then goes on to lie saying he likes watching, and knows about baseball.
Maggie and Carlin had to help him with his questions to Cash.

Just sit it out.

Maggie and Carlin had to help him with his questions to Cash.

Just sit it out.

He's probably considered the "star", so to speak, of the show, so I'm sure they wanna keep him involved.

At least Francesca is doing the Simmons pod today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom