Kaleb Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
I have told the story about having an early flight on Sunday AM after the Houston Final 4. I woke up at like 5:00 am and called an uber... The Uber driver that accepted me just so happened to be dropping off Kaleb Joseph at the hotel. He gave me a head nod as he got out and i got in the Uber.

Pretty full circle to see this. Really happy for him and honestly proud of him. Its a remarkable turnaround and he seems to be passionate about it. Rooting for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have told the story about having an early flight on Sunday AM after the Houston Final 4. I woke up at like 5:00 am and called an uber... The Uber driver that accepted me just so happened to be dropping off Kaleb Joseph at the hotel. He gave me a head nod as he got out and i got in the Uber.

Pretty full circle to see this. Really happy for him and honestly proud of him. Its a remarkable turnaround and he seems to be passionate about it. Rooting for him.

wow

One thing I always admired about Kaleb is that when we were making our 2016 Final Four run, he was completely relegated to the bench at that point and wasn't playing at all. A lot of guys would have sulked and checked out, but he was all about the team on the bench and was going nuts during that UVA comeback.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 165310.png

Thanks so much for sharing. This is beyond impressive. What a fine young man.

Please all remember what we post is read by many and can impact others in ways you may not be able to imagine.

Good for Kaleb and wishing him the best.

So when I posted about how bad Kaleb Joseph was as a player I was actually helping him find his true purpose? I feel a lot better about myself now. ;)

I'm happy for the young man!

So when I posted about how bad Kaleb Joseph was as a player I was actually helping him find his true purpose? I feel a lot better about myself now. ;)

I'm happy for the young man!
Except when we do such things we're potentially inflicting harm on a young person who might not able to process, especially hardship. The vast majority pull out of it. However some do not, and their life can continue to spiral unless they receive help. That is why coaches truly need to remember with whom they are dealing with. Personal responsibility is critical, however when dealing with a young person one must remember development not only physically but psychologically and if you are really good spiritually. Grace always so desperately attempts to protect its own. I met this young gentleman soon after he was relegated to the bench, he was very kind. I appreciate your thoughts from the poster who discussed being careful with our words. I trust to heed that advice daily

Except when we do such things we're potentially inflicting harm on a young person who might not able to process, especially hardship. The vast majority pull out of it. However some do not, and their life can continue to spiral unless they receive help. That is why coaches truly need to remember with whom they are dealing with. Personal responsibility is critical, however when dealing with a young person one must remember development not only physically but psychologically and if you are really good spiritually. Grace always so desperately attempts to protect its own. I met this young gentleman soon after he was relegated to the bench, he was very kind. I appreciate your thoughts from the poster who discussed being careful with our words. I trust to heed that advice daily

It was a joke but also held the truth. The experiences he went through both positive and negative shaped him into the young man he is today. Without those experiences, he wouldn’t be in the position to help people that he is in now. I give him a ton of credit for doing the hard work on himself.

Western civilization is softer than it has ever been and you would have a hard time making the argument that it’s better for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom