Kaleb Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph

2-3zone

2nd String
The more film I watch of him and the 100 different scouting services reports I read the more I think Tyler Ennis (if he returns) and Joseph together in the backcourt would be our best option next year

The more I watch him the more I think he is a smaller version of Dion Waiters (100% score first combo guard)

The more film I watch of him and the 100 different scouting services reports I read the more I think Tyler Ennis (if he returns) and Joseph together in the backcourt would be our best option next year

The more I watch him the more I think he is a smaller version of Dion Waiters (100% score first combo guard)

You must have missed all of those great passes he makes in all of the film you've watched.

This kid reminds me of the Pearl. Taller frame than Flynn--not nearly as compact. Love his handle and court vision. He's a scoring point, but not a "100% score first combo guard." He's a lead guard with all of the tools to develop into a great one.

Last edited:
He's a scorer that can dish. He can run too.

Me likey.

In the same way ennis seems unflappable, joseph seems to just get what he wants on the court. The pull up jumper, tough bucket at the rim he just has that moxy to go get it. Flynnesque but I see some things in the mature versions of kemba and napier in his game. I love how he is always on the attack. Something we can really use with our slow paced offense. We should have a team that can really get up and down.

I like the comparisons to Dion, even though Kaleb is more in the mold of a true point guard.
But the point is: Fearless. They both have that.

Dude, why you hatin' on Cooney?;)

You must have missed all of those great passes he makes in all of the film you've watched.

This kid reminds me of the Pearl. Love his handle and court vision. He's a scoring point, but not a "100% score first combo guard." He's a lead guard with all of the tools to develop into a great one.
I don't remember the Pearl, as I was 5 when he left...but I told some friends that based on his skill set, athleticism, etc, he seems like a 6-3 version of Jonny Flynn to me.

So according to you and previous posts, Trevor would be our second best player next yr after Tyler (if Grant leaves) but Trevor would be coming off the bench?

Welcome to 2014 where an unsportsmanlike moment becomes part of your highlight tape. hahahaha. not hatin, love the game, just thought that was funny. Although Joseph had nothing to do with putting that mix together.
Ha, he's got an old school WWF to him in that part, that he bumps the guy then makes it as if the guy pushed him around. Not normally a fan of this, but we do need that edge, need to get it back.

I don't remember the Pearl, as I was 5 when he left...but I told some friends that based on his skill set, athleticism, etc, he seems like a 6-3 version of Jonny Flynn to me.

I was referring more to his handle / body control, not so much the body style -- just to be clear.

So according to you and previous posts, Trevor would be our second best player next yr after Tyler (if Grant leaves) but Trevor would be coming off the bench?
Sure, why not? It worked for our best player didn't it?
Dion%202.jpg

Waiters shouldve started from game 1. Another odd decision by coach.

If Ennis and Grant both leave we will desperately need scoring help next year so the fact that he can be a scorer and a passer is fantastic news.

Pearl had a unique center of gravity. Flynn was on the floor a lot after layups and seldom pulled up for short jumpers, he was so slight , his game was based on speed - Pearl's game was evasiveness because of his superior ball handling skills and power. Pearl could either pull up or take it to the hoop and opponents ended up on the floor as Pearl chugged down the court after a score.

Trevor is 100% best suited to be our first guard off the bench. Unfortunately, we have no better options.

Pearl had a unique center of gravity. Flynn was on the floor a lot after layups and seldom pulled up for short jumpers, he was so slight , his game was based on speed - Pearl's game was evasiveness because of his superior ball handling skills and power. Pearl could either pull up or take it to the hoop and opponents ended up on the floor as Pearl chugged down the court after a score.
I still, to this day, have never seen a handle when dribbling so low that is that "in control", either hand.

Ha, he's got an old school WWF to him in that part, that he bumps the guy then makes it as if the guy pushed him around. Not normally a fan of this, but we do need that edge, need to get it back.

Agreed, technically it's unsportsmanlike. But so is fighting in hockey. We needed an edge this year but everyone was so even keel it was like we lacked a pulse. This year we needed a guy to take it upon himself in a scoring drought to destroy someone and get the spark back. Joseph looks like he might provide it, a la Devo and Waiters.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom