Kam Williams | Syracusefan.com

Kam Williams

Jazz P

Walk On
Boeheim called him according to Alex Kline. He's a 6'2 guard. A 2 guard sounds like. Good scorer, shooter according to espn. Hes from Baltimore. Espn has him ranked 69th

Terpsinsider

Baltimore Elite's Kam Williams (Mt. St. Joe's), was absolutely on fire out in Minn last weekend. Heading into the second session of EYBL this weekend in Hampton, Williams is currently the league's leading scorer at 27.3 ppg. Not only that, but he also currently leads the league in made three-point attempts at 21 having shot at a 58% clip from behind the arc.

I like the sound of a ennis cooney williams backcourt if mcw goes pro

A creator/slasher flanked by two dead eye snipers would be real nice. I saw on twitter Williams was going off earlier at the LeBron camp. I think it was him at least if I'm not mistaken.

Francis or Paulie, can you clarify this for me, what does an offer to Williams do to recruitments like Ennis or other guards in 2013? What happens in a hypothetical situation where they offer Williams and he wants to commit but they're holding out on an Ennis, Jordan, Selden, or Jefferson?

A creator/slasher flanked by two dead eye snipers would be real nice. I saw on twitter Williams was going off earlier at the LeBron camp. I think it was him at least if I'm not mistaken.

Francis or Paulie, can you clarify this for me, what does an offer to Williams do to recruitments like Ennis or other guards in 2013? What happens in a hypothetical situation where they offer Williams and he wants to commit but they're holding out on an Ennis, Jordan, Selden, or Jefferson?
Can't really answer that because I don't really know the answer for it. What I believe is that the staff has learned from last year when they really liked Katin Reinhardt, but were hesitant to go after him hard because it looked like no room was going to be available. Now with Dion being gone he would've been a welcome addition. I'm sure the staff wouldn't want to make that mistake again with any additional guards that they may like.

Terpsinsider

Baltimore Elite's Kam Williams (Mt. St. Joe's), was absolutely on fire out in Minn last weekend. Heading into the second session of EYBL this weekend in Hampton, Williams is currently the league's leading scorer at 27.3 ppg. Not only that, but he also currently leads the league in made three-point attempts at 21 having shot at a 58% clip from behind the arc.
Impressive video. I think he has a lot of Kemba Walker in him. Really good at getting his shot off. Very smart player. Needs to get stronger.

syracusefan.com bio

Impressive video. I think he has a lot of Kemba Walker in him. Really good at getting his shot off. Very smart player. Needs to get stronger.
Definitely agree on the Kemba comparison.

has a top five of Cuse. marquette. ohio st. wake forest. miami.
Despite not extending an offer to Williams at this point, Syracuse is up on the Maryland guard’s list. Williams would be intrigued by an offer from the Orange.
“They’ve called a couple times to say their interested, but nothing beyond that,” Williams said. “They’re one of the best programs in the Nation. They’re like the cream of the crop. They take the best players and make them even better for the next level.”

http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1022

everyone else sounds like offered him

@TheRecruitScoop
Kam Williams has committed to Ohio State: "They are like the cream of the crop in terms of men's basketball"

I know tOSU is a very solid program, but they are not one of the first teams that come to mind when I think of the cream of the crop in college basketball.

I know tOSU is a very solid program, but they are not one of the first teams that come to mind when I think of the cream of the crop in college basketball.
Well, technically, he only said that OSU was like the cream of the crop, not actually the cream of the crop. ;) He will fit right in with OSU student athletes.

Sheesh! I check out the thread and see that the kid looks like he has a lot of promise and that he may be offered by Cuse... and then POOF! he's commited to OSU. It seems like we are in for a wait to see who else gets offered and who will eventually commit to Syracuse. It's seeming like an eternity to get the next commit.

Sheesh! I check out the thread and see that the kid looks like he has a lot of promise and that he may be offered by Cuse... and then POOF! he's commited to OSU. It seems like we are in for a wait to see who else gets offered and who will eventually commit to Syracuse. It's seeming like an eternity to get the next commit.

Or it could be that we are no longer recruiting a guy like Williams because we are after guys like Young, Seldon, and Jordan who the staff feels is a better player or better fit.

Or it could be that we are no longer recruiting a guy like Williams because we are after guys like Young, Seldon, and Jordan who the staff feels is a better player or better fit.
Kjb makes a good point. I like Killa Kam, who scoring skills and ball handling abilities would've been a good compliment to Ennis in the backcourt. On the other hand, the staff must feel confident in landing either Young, Selden, or Jordan. All who are better players and present more upside than Williams.

Kjb makes a good point. I like Killa Kam, who scoring skills and ball handling abilities would've been a good compliment to Ennis in the backcourt. On the other hand, the staff must feel confident in landing either Young, Selden, or Jordan. All who are better players and present more upside than Williams.

Thanks Francis, It's nice just to hear a little reassurance that we are in the running for players with even more upside than Kam. If we land the likes of Selden all will be forgotten about Kam. It's just that as a diehard Cuse fan it's particularly difficult during this time of the year when there is acute withdrawal symptoms from lack of Syracuse Basketball news. October just can't get here fast enough as far as I'm concerned. This years team holds lots of intrigue along with promise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom