Kansas - Oregon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas - Oregon

They will come back, only our guys go.

Yeah, sure thing. Jackson won't leave. Monk, and Fox won't leave UK. We are the only ones. I hope you're not past your thirties. Otherwise, it's embarrassing.

They will come back, only our guys go.
Right on cue
DogPeeingCrop.jpg

If it's end up Oregon vs Gonzaga people in Seattle are going to lose their minds. I just had a friend text me now I know what you were feeling when it was Yukon vs UK.

Two new bloods in the Final Four. Nice.

Could be three if South Carolina is victorious. If only those "blue bloods" weren't playing in the South Region. Both of those teams know how to crash a party pretty well.

He has underachievered big time.
5 losses in the Elite Eight as a. 1 seed.

Bill Self is Dean Smith without the Final Fours.

Self isn't on a hot seat by any means, but I have to think the locals here in KS aren't real happy right now with another Elite 8 loss in what was essentially a home game. Especially when you consider the team was a real embarrassment off the court this year - just one story after another.

By the way Jim Boeheim is 5-2 in the regional final. Anyone want to guess how many times we were the higher seeded team?

:rolling:
By the way Jim Boeheim is 5-2 in the regional final. Anyone want to guess how many times we were the higher seeded team?

Yeah but most losses ever in the round of 16:rolleyes:

Jordan Bell is playing great.

Oregon is in a very similar situation to where Syracuse was in 2010 (Chris Boucher Injury = Arinze Onauku Injury). We asked a lot from Rick Jackson in that tournament, and he couldn't fully handle it (and I don't blame Rick -- we asked way more from him than we had all year) But Jordan Bell seemingly has somehow been able to raise his play despite the additional minutes.

The ultimate test will be in the final four vs. UNC or UK who will run waves of big guys at him

twice

I was waiting for someone to take me up.

1987 2 Syracuse def 1 UNC
1989 1 Illinois def 2 Cuse
1996 4 Cuse def 2 Kansas
2003 3 Cuse def 1 Oklahoma
2012 2 Ohio State def 1 Cuse
2013 4 Cuse def 3 Marquette
2016 10 Cuse def 1 Virginia

So the only time when we were seeded "higher" was in 2012. And putting aside the officiating for a second, I think you can make an argument that without Fab Melo, the seeds could've been flipped.

:rolling:

Yeah but most losses ever in the round of 16:rolleyes:
There are positive and negative stats associated with all of these guys for those looking to promote an agenda. Bottom line, they are all successful at winning games.

I was waiting for someone to take me up.

1987 2 Syracuse def 1 UNC
1989 1 Illinois def 2 Cuse
1996 4 Cuse def 2 Kansas
2003 3 Cuse def 1 Oklahoma
2012 2 Ohio State def 1 Cuse
2013 4 Cuse def 3 Marquette
2016 10 Cuse def 1 Virginia

So the only time when we were seeded "higher" was in 2012. And putting aside the officiating for a second, I think you can make an argument that without Fab Melo, the seeds could've been flipped.
This stat is amazing. It leads credence to the theory preparing for Syracuse on one day notice is a lot tougher than having 5-6 days to prepare.

It's why JB is good in the 2nd round and Elite Eight.

I find Kansas basketball very similar to Ohio State football. They're awesome year after year after year, but don't really have very many titles to show for it. They each have only two titles post-1970, and many of those were miracles (Danny and the Miracles, Chalmers three, crazy pass interference call vs. Miami)

There are positive and negative stats associated with all of these guys for those looking to promote an agenda. Bottom line, they are all successful at winning games.

That was complete sarcasm btw. I've long maintained Kansas builds its regular season record on shaky competition.

Self, 7 losses as #1 seed in the elite 8. Lol the guy should retire. Pads his record on the weak big 12, the guy is not good enough to coach here that's for sure.

His team looked like a typical loaded AAU team that has a boatload of talent, builds their resume playing less talented and less athletic local teams, and then goes into a regional tournament... where they play teams the are just as big and athletic but are run like machines. KU looked lost on many offensive sets, rushed bad shots, and played a lot of 1 on 1. You see that a lot in AAU. They did play better late, but couldn't score a bucket. Oregon out hustled KU when neither team could score were able to hold them off.

This KU team can be posted up there with the UK teams that had all the top recruits but just weren't a "team" when it mattered.

Was it me, or did the commentators completely gloss over the Jackson matter? If it were SU, every other timeout would have had a graphic on the off-the-court issues.

His team looked like a typical loaded AAU team that has a boatload of talent, builds their resume playing less talented and less athletic local teams, and then goes into a regional tournament... where they play teams the are just as big and athletic but are run like machines. KU looked lost on many offensive sets, rushed bad shots, and played a lot of 1 on 1. You see that a lot in AAU. They did play better late, but couldn't score a bucket. Oregon out hustled KU when neither team could score were able to hold them off.

This KU team can be posted up there with the UK teams that had all the top recruits but just weren't a "team" when it mattered.

Was it me, or did the commentators completely gloss over the Jackson matter? If it were SU, every other timeout would have had a graphic on the off-the-court issues.
How the Jackson matter has been buried by the national media is amazing. The guy is going to be target of a civil lawsuit and he is lucky its not a Title IX investigation.

How the Jackson matter has been buried by the national media is amazing. The guy is going to be target of a civil lawsuit and he is lucky its not a Title IX investigation.

Exactly. Self and KU are really lucky that all the issues with Jackson, Bragg and Vick and others haven't been publicized more on a national level. Plenty of local coverage here though.

Exactly. Self and KU are really lucky that all the issues with Jackson, Bragg and Vick and others haven't been publicized more on a national level. Plenty of local coverage here though.

To far away for the Northeast media and that darn Bill Self is such a nice guy!