Kansas - The Teflon Team..... | Syracusefan.com

Kansas - The Teflon Team.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
Not sure why, but compared to the other FF teams, as well compared to other perennial FF teams such as Duke or NC, it seems to me that nobody really hates them or cares that they are there year after year.

Your kidding me right, We forget the little incident with Pitino that should have gotten him fired
That has nothing to do with the basketball program at all. By that logic JB should ahve been fired too...

Your kidding me right, We forget the little incident with Pitino that should have gotten him fired

Who cares about that? He didn't do anything illegal, why would he get fired?

Also nobody talks about Kansas' legendary tourney chokes, but Syracuse's and Arizona's are brought up every year.

Also nobody talks about Kansas' legendary tourney chokes, but Syracuse's and Arizona's are brought up every year.

First i could care less about Zona

Second with Cuse all i can say and you saw it all this year. Haters

wasn't half their team arrested and charged with battery last year?

I guessed you missed all of the assaults and fighting between the KU hoops and football teams a year or so ago. I'm pretty sur the Morris twins were heavily involved.

The Pump family is still involved in college basketball "dealings"? There's a name from the past.

HOF work by Bernie fine fever here.

Btw is there a more underachieving "elite" program?

1996- obvious
1997- lose in regional semi as title favorite
1998 Loss in second round as one seed to URI
1999 second round loss, but as a six seed
2000 second round loss, as a eight
2001 sweet sixteen
2002 final four
2003 runner up
2004 elite eight
2005 lost in first round as three seed
2006 Lost in first round as four seed
2007 elite eight
2008 title
2009 sweet sixteen
2010 title favorite, lost in second round
2011 one seed, lost in elite eight to VCU
2012 final four by virtue of injury

Apparently you haven't spent much time in B12 country or spent much time around Kansas fans in Kansas. ;)

Honestly, I find them to be some of the most pretentious fans that exist.

44cuse

Thats my opinion. I know the story and thats how i feel

Uh, the broad involved did something illegal by trying to extort money from Pitino. She's in jail. Louisville is clean.

Yes, they have had MANY hiccups (chokes) in their years, a lot in which were under the command of good 'ole Roy. I can't stand Kansas. I would like Ohio State to kick their a$$ this evening and send them home packing.

BernieFineFeverCuse, you should do some homework on Bill Self before you assume Kansas is a clean program. Check out his last heroic act before leaving Illinois.

Anyone that thinks Kansas is a clean program should go to the Mizzou boards and get their insights. The only reason anyone would think that they're cleaner than, say, Louisville is because we don't play them regularly. Plus they're buried in flyover country so investigative reporters are less interested in digging into a story there than at UCLA (as an example), so it's easier for them to keep their skeletons safely tucked away in the closet.

HOF work by Bernie fine fever here.

Btw is there a more underachieving "elite" program?

1996- obvious
1997- lose in regional semi as title favorite
1998 Loss in second round as one seed to URI
1999 second round loss, but as a six seed
2000 second round loss, as a eight
2001 sweet sixteen
2002 final four
2003 runner up
2004 elite eight
2005 lost in first round as three seed
2006 Lost in first round as four seed
2007 elite eight
2008 title
2009 sweet sixteen
2010 title favorite, lost in second round
2011 one seed, lost in elite eight to VCU
2012 final four by virtue of injury
Um, Kansas isn't much different than us. We have 2 Elite Eights since 03, they have 4. They have 2 1st round losses, I believe we have 2 or 3. In 09 we were arguably the favorite and lost in the Sweet 16.

We're both extremely successful in the regular season (them moreso) and both come up short in the tournament, although they've been more successful than we have.

Um, Kansas isn't much different than us. We have 2 Elite Eights since 03, they have 4. They have 2 1st round losses, I believe we have 2 or 3. In 09 we were arguably the favorite and lost in the Sweet 16.

We're both extremely successful in the regular season (them moreso) and both come up short in the tournament, although they've been more successful than we have.

The point wasn't to compare Kansas and Syracuse.

And LOL at us being the favorite in 2009. We weren't even the favorite to win the region.

Anyone that thinks Kansas is a clean program should go to the Mizzou boards and get their insights. The only reason anyone would think that they're cleaner than, say, Louisville is because we don't play them regularly. Plus they're buried in flyover country so investigative reporters are less interested in digging into a story there than at UCLA (as an example), so it's easier for them to keep their skeletons safely tucked away in the closet.

I'm sure you'd get an objective assessment of Kansas from Mizzou fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom