Kansas - you think we have issues with fans showing up for the game | Syracusefan.com

Kansas - you think we have issues with fans showing up for the game

texascpa

Living Legend
This is from their game Saturday against Rhode Island. eeeiiiii...

090316-Kansas2.jpg

btw, they won ending their 15 game losing streak.

Charlie Weis. The gift that keeps on giving. Hiring Turner Gill and Charlie Weis back to back. It's hard to screw up that badly

You missed the punch line. They rushed the field!

jayhawks-595x376.jpg

I thought you weren't supposed to let the entire crowd mob the field like that anymore? Someone could have gotten hurt! :rolleyes:

You missed the punch line. They rushed the field!

jayhawks-595x376.jpg

Apparently the PA announce asked people not to rush the field as to preserve the integrity of the school. lol

It's a shame - Kansas at one time had a pretty good football tradition - Gale Sayers, John Hadl, Bobby Douglas.

So did UConn... oh, wait.

It's a shame - Kansas at one time had a pretty good football tradition - Gale Sayers, John Hadl, Bobby Douglas.

Kansas has stunk for a long long time, they were good with Fat Man, Mangino but he yelled too much so they fired him. He brought them to the Orange Bowl and then they fired him because he didn't tell kids how great they are all time, or wipe the tears from their eyes and yelled at people who worked at the University.. They thought hey could replace him and guess what they could not

To be fair they haven't won a game since Obama has been president, and there was probably a Kansas bball event going on somewhere.

Turner Gil, remember when folks wanted him here lol

I shamefully admit that I was one of those who wanted TG here. Some other things I was wrong about...

1) White guy dreads look really cool (circa 1994)
2) Honestly, these internet start-up's are a solid longterm investment. (circa 2000)
3) The Patriots replaced Drew Bledsoe with Tom who? That's the end of the Patriots. (circa 2001)
4) Boy, that Bernie Madoff really knows what he's talking about (circa 2005)
5) I bet I'd look real badass on one of those Orange County Chopper motorcycles (circa 2009)

Last edited:
Turner Gill was a really hot name that offseason. He was moving on one way or another. Kansas is in a situation where they'll need somebody special getting that thing going.

Really?
View attachment 75146View attachment 75147View attachment 75148

The last pic had an announced crowd of 44,846 (or 85% capacity). No wonder the Big 10 wanted them so bad.

I actually was at this beatdown when I was visiting family. In their defense, there was actually a decent amount of fans at the game. 44,000? No. Probably 35-40k. It was a torrential downpour for the whole game and it was 40 degrees in early November so everyone went underneath the overhang of the upper deck. Then they proceeded to leave the stadium from there after wisconsin scored again...and again...and again.

Once again, I will preface this comment so I don't get ripped to shreds. I went to both schools. Undergrad at Syracuse and post grad at Rutgers. I am a fan of both and have been to many games for both teams. From my experience, in the last 10-12 years, Syracuse does really come close to Rutgers attendance wise during the timespan that I have been going to games fairly consistently (a couple games each season).

BUT, at the same time. The Carrier dome, when the crowd is engaged and actually there, it is 100x louder.

Turner Gill was a really hot name that offseason. He was moving on one way or another. Kansas is in a situation where they'll need somebody special getting that thing going.

Kansas is an almost impossible place to win at, I still think Gill could be a decent coach somewhere.

Charlie Weis. The gift that keeps on giving. Hiring Turner Gill and Charlie Weis back to back. It's hard to screw up that badly

you cant fault them for hiring Turner Gill. It didnt work, but sometimes things just dont work. THat is "hindsight is 20/20" at its finest.

Weiss was purely a hail mary attempt that just didnt work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom