Karma | Syracusefan.com

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Enough of the ACC love. Can't stand the SEC either, but if you're pulling for the conference, this is who you're supporting.

image-2037894815.jpg

Last edited:
CuyahogaCuse said:
Enough of the ACC love. Can't stand the SEC either, but if you're pulling for the conference, this is who you're supporting.

I forgot about the hangman game. That was great. Up until now I was just rooting against the SEC, but now I might actually root for FSU.

View attachment 6537

Your thought on this needs to change. We joined the ACC. It benefits SU to have the ACC gain credibility as a conference by winning the BCS championship. That makes SU look better for going 6-2 or whatever in conference next year. Brent commented on the SEC chants earlier. Did you hear that? That means something. They have a conference identity and conference investment. More important, that's Auburn fans. They could be chanting Auburn. No, they are saying "we are the best because we came from the best conference." I hope FSU comes back to win by 10 to cover and FSU fans chant ACC to poke at the SEC chants. If nothing else, it shows an investment in the conference and makes FSU that much less likely to ever think about leaving.

Plus, why call this thread "karma"? And am I helping our karma or hurting it rooting for FSU?

dinosaurbbq said:
Your thought on this needs to change. We joined the ACC. It benefits SU to have the ACC gain credibility as a conference by winning the BCS championship. That makes SU look better for going 6-2 or whatever in conference next year. Brent commented on the SEC chants earlier. Did you hear that? That means something. They have a conference identity and conference investment. More important, that's Auburn fans. They could be chanting Auburn. No, they are saying "we are the best because we came from the best conference." I hope FSU comes back to win by 10 to cover and FSU fans chant ACC to poke at the SEC chants. If nothing else, it shows an investment in the conference and makes FSU that much less likely to ever think about leaving.

Easy there big fella. My point was I'm not particularly fond of either team. I get the whole ACC argument. I like that Jimbo is a good coach, and the Florida State fans have shown us respect. But let's not lose sight of the fact that FSU is a football factory. Your Heisman winner and Championship game MVP finished the season with a cloud over his head because of some he said / she said shenanigans. I hope for his sake he's truly innocent of whatever went on. But I still had to take a stab at explaining it to my 11-year old.

It was 3-21 at the time of the post, and given similar way our game started against FSU, I found it amusing that the team that averaged a 42-point margin of victory would not be playing Hangman in the fourth quarter of the championship game. If anything, it looked like Auburn might be seeking out the white boards.

As it turned out, it was a great game and a great comeback. I'm just not going to treat Florida State with the reverence that I reserve for the Orange.

Simply said, I'm glad they won, but there was no celebration here last night. Certainly not what occurred at my house with six seconds left against BC.

Last edited:
Easy there big fella. My point was I'm not particularly fond of either team. I get the whole ACC argument. I like that Jimbo is a good coach, and the Florida State fans have shown us respect. But let's not lose sight of the fact that FSU is a football factory. Your Heisman winner and Championship game MVP finished the season with a cloud over his head because of some he said / she said shenanigans. I hope for his sake he's truly innocent of whatever went on. But I still had to take a stab at explaining it to my 11-year old.

It was 3-21 at the time of the post, and given similar way our game started against FSU, I found it amusing that the team that averaged a 42-point margin of victory would not be playing Hangman in the fourth quarter of the championship game. If anything, it looked like Auburn might be seeking out the white boards.

As it turned out, it was a great game and a great comeback. I'm just not going to treat Florida State with the reverence that I reserve for the Orange.

Simply said, I'm glad they won, but there was no celebration here last night. Certainly not what occurred at my house with six seconds left against BC.

Haha. I agree with this post from you entirely. I'm not an FSU fan and not a Winston fan, but I'm an SU fan and by extension in non-conference games including bowls, I'm an ACC fan. Same deal with me, no celebration and certainly not like how I felt or acted after the BC win.

And we are a BB factory. With clouds over the heads of many of our top personalities such as Flynn, Devendorf, Edelin, Jardine, etc. There's an old saying about glass houses and stones or something...Just sayin'.....

View attachment 6537

You're right. They should've left their starters in the game so we could instead get pasted by 70 points.

That'll show em...

You're right. They should've left their starters in the game so we could instead get pasted by 70 points.

That'll show em...

Only 70?

Honeymoon. Won't last.

I cheered for Pitt, USF, Cinci, and WV anytime they played OOC in the OBE. UCONN and Rutgers however can #### themselves and I rooted against them every single game.

I see no reason why i won't cheer for Clemson, FSU, GT, etc, etc. The better the ACC looks, the better SU looks when we kick their arises in conference play. The only notable exceptions being VT and BC. BC is just too much like us and there can be only 1 ACC NE power. VT is just a bunch of jack-holes and I will NEVER root for them.

GoHamSU said:
You guys really don't think them playing hangman on the sidelines is funny? I think t's freaking hilarious.

When I was done laughing about it, my next thought was I can't wait for the day when we have the luxury of playing hangman on the sidelines again.

People take this stuff way too seriously. Especially when it happens against us.

You guys really don't think them playing hangman on the sidelines is funny?

I think t's freaking hilarious.

I was actually surprised they knew how to play hangman with xboxes, play stations, smart phones etc. I thought it had been phased out.

If we are going to feel indignation for them playing hangman on the sidelines maybe we should have put up a better fight than 59-3.

Respect is earned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom