Karma | Syracusefan.com

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I'm not a big bragger or smack talker and feel that it's nothing more than a "jinx" for my team. I think it's a fitting end to this year after all the bashing of UConn, its situation with conference realignment and the so called terrible AAC talk from a lot of posters on this board. As I get older i realize that we shouldn't make fun or criticize someone else's situation in life because we aren't all dealt the same hand. I think there's a bit of karma for the school that has been put down and an afterthought by many over the past couple years.

1778756-oh_look_its_this_thread_again.jpg

I'm not a big bragger or smack talker and feel that it's nothing more than a "jinx" for my team. I think it's a fitting end to this year after all the bashing of UConn, its situation with conference realignment and the so called terrible AAC talk from a lot of posters on this board. As I get older i realize that we shouldn't make fun or criticize someone else's situation in life because we aren't all dealt the same hand. I think there's a bit of karma for the school that has been put down and an afterthought by many over the past couple years.

I'm with you. I try not to hate or take joy in others' misfortunes. I know those who did in regards to UConn are feeling much worse than you or I right now. I admire a team that has overcome the adversities UConn has, and I am certainly rooting for a COLLEGE team(and original Big East member) vs paypal Cal's NBA roster of 1 and dones. A championship by them is going to further ruin the image of what college basketball is all about.

People who go to the Boneyard to stir up trouble(or come back here and complain about things any sane person would expect over there) would appropriately deserve the bone they are getting, more than the rest of us who simply got boned by SU's poor play vs Dayton(and at the end of the season in general). And with UConn having the chance to tie Duke in titles, they're the fanbase more deserving of bitching about being not being annointed blue blood(the threads bitching about that deserve the above post's "meme" far more than Shermthegeneral's). Just stating the facts, gentlemen. I wish our team played more like UConn did this post season, and you know you do as well.

UConn is the only school to make four appearances in the Final Four during the last ten years. A win tonight would give them four national championships in fifteen years. They've done a lot better than Indiana or UCLA have over the past 25 years and they have won as many titles as Kansas. It amazes me that UConn is not always mentioned among the elite college hoops programs with the success they have had.

Florida never did much in either football or basketball until the past thirty years but they are certainly a national power in both sports now. Looking at the job that Kevin Ollie has done over the last two years, it appears that UConn's hoops program is going to continue to be a powerhouse for quite some time.

I know where you are going with that but you are wrong.

UCONN isn't winning because of Marsh, it's because i haven't washed my lucky shirt in 3 weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom